This is beginning to look Strange to me

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
The real estate market is crashing in mostly blue markets but the DOW is still generally moving up. Any opinions on why? (today's Dow slip is nearly microscopic and compared to the rest of the world's markets, except for the FTSE and Shanghai, it looks like the pick of the litter. With a decent chance @50% of being up on the close to beat the arbitrage with China and the UK this looks like rebuilding the wall of worry.)

Last edited:
The real estate market is crashing in mostly blue markets but the DOW is still moving up. Any opinions on why?
Probably all the ongoing stock buybacks from Trump’s tax cuts for the wealthy and his big gubmint injection of $1.2 trillion of our tax dollars into the economy. Coupled with how the real estate market is absolutely not “crashing in mostly blue markets.”

The real estate market is crashing in mostly blue markets but the DOW is still generally moving up. Any opinions on why? (today's Dow slip is nearly microscopic and compared to the rest of the world's markets, except for the FTSE and Shanghai, it looks like the pick of the litter. With a decent chance @50% of being up on the close to beat the arbitrage with China and the UK this looks like rebuilding the wall of worry.)
RE market has been inflated for a couple years....Correction has been in the cards.

Also, lots of retirees are leaving the northern "blue" markets for warmer climes, while millennial are staying in the rental market.

tax cut economics?

tax cut economics?

The blue states generally have higher state income taxes; the reduction in the amount deductible from Federal taxes results in lower income, hence less to spend on real estate.

tax cut economics?

The blue states generally have higher state income taxes; the reduction in the amount deductible from Federal taxes results in lower income, hence less to spend on real estate.

True. but obviously I misstated my question given the responses I am getting. Does restating it this way make my confusion more understandable? With the GTH out of Dodge moment in the rearview mirror by one way of looking at the situation and closing down with the mid-terms by the other way of looking at the same data Why is there so little movement away from ground zero? Ground zero being defined as any jurisdiction with a non-federal income tax.

Forum List

Back