This Happened Right Outside Of My Job

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by uptownlivin90, Mar 31, 2010.

1. uptownlivin90

uptownlivin90 Rebelious Youngin

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    So I get off from work at Bolling Air Force Base (I currently work as a civilian) at about 7 last night and decide to stop and get some pizza in Southeast DC near this old Italian pizza place a few blocks away, before I pick my nephew up from basketball practice. I'm standing outside of the place waiting for my two pizzas, talking to a few dudes I know from the neighborhood and no less then about three blocks away shots ring out, clear as day. Two gunmen apparently shot into a crowd full of people and killed 4 people and wounded 5. Luckily no children were hit. All I can say is I pray for those families who were effected and I'm glad I live in the suburbs.

The Associated Press: Gunman sprays DC crowd, killing 4 and wounding 5

2. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    I wouldn't feel so safe in the surrounding suburbs if i were you. :eusa_whistle:

3. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    You have absolutely nothing to worry about. The appelate court just over ruled the supreme court. (Still laughing) the gun ban remains. youre safe dude. LOL

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Damn, glad you weren't closer.

One time I was going to a show in NYC and got on a line to get in and realized that I was in the wrong line, as the people in the line obviously weren't going to the show I was going to. Apparently a short while afterwards someone shot at the crowd on the line I was in, killing a couple of people.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,729
    Tragic tragic event. But the question begs to be asked.. I thought DC was a gun free zone?

6. uptownlivin90

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    True. I travel on the same interstate the chase occurred on to get home. Damn shame. I live pretty far from the city though, about 30 miles south so I'm not usually that concerned. It's my nephews I'm more concerned about, they live right on the DC/Maryland line which isn't the best place to live. The craziness has to stop. Truth be told I'm wondering if Obama's going to address this, the neighborhood it happened in is just a few miles from the White House.

7. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Ummm ... dude ... WHO stops in SE DC at 7 PM? I'm a jarhead and was smart enough to know better.

8. uptownlivin90

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Exactly. The gun ban in the city hasn't worked, it's ridiculous, DC is as "gun free" as it is "people getting shot free", obviously they need to stop this silly ban and start focusing on real solutions, like ending the drug war and bringing in more jobs. The ban has done FAR more harm than good to the city (in fact it's done no good to the city), and I'm waiting for the idiots that have been running the city into the ground to realize it. I just wish people would get it threw their heads: PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK.

9. uptownlivin90

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +384
    I used to live a few blocks from the neighborhood, so I'm real familiar with the area and most of the people. The pizza place is my mom's favorite so I stop there on my way home from work every once and a while.

10. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    No President has ever tamed DC

Lincoln got assassinated in DC.

DC sucks