This deserves a thread all of its own

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Dr Grump, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,244
    What say you Repub apologists..

My bold...the bold in Chanel's posts could be relate to any one of a number of things the Repubs are relying on their constituents NOT to know...

Originally Posted by chanel
    50 billion slush fund cool with you?

I personally don't know enough about it
    to have an informed opinion, but no one supports more bailout money. Well almost no one.
    I know. That's why the Republican Party is lying to you. They are lying to you about what this bill is about.

Originally posted by Toro

Wall Street doesn't want this because the fund will be paid for by Wall Street. It will not be funded by taxpayers. That's why the banks are against this. Wall Street has been bailed out by taxpayers. They want to be bailed out by you, me and everyone else the next time they fail. They don't want to pay for their own bailout fund because it requires capital that they can use to make themselves more money. Instead, they want to be able to dump their problems onto you, just like they did over the past two years. They keep the profits and you take the losses. This fucking infuriates me because people are making millions and millions of dollars while taxpayers get saddled with the losses.

Wall Street is pouring money into Republican coffers to kill this bill, or at least water it down. So the Republicans are on the floor, trying to link this fund to government bailouts. Killing this provision will make it far more likely that taxpayers will bail out the next Too Big to Fail financial firm. This is what the Republicans are supporting.

Read more here.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...ailouts/39022/

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Right now, any bill that crashes and burns can't help but be a net benefit for America, as we are being governed by the most corrupt, duplicitous, self-absorbed, inept and economically ignorant federal apparatus in American history.

3. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I won't go as far as Dude but enshrining Too Big Too Fail into law is legislating stupidity no matter who pays.

4. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,111
    Son of Sarbox - WSJ.com

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Personally, since DC is infected by the virus of corruption, I don't trust them to act in the best interests of "we, the People". Therefore, I don't support any bill these morons draft. My opinion is that, like with any major outbreak, we need to isolate the infected. Therefore, I say we send no more people to DC to be infected and we allow nothing out of DC - ie no bills, no new legislation of any kind - until we kill the virus of corruption.

Kick 'em all out. From the POTUS down... every single damned one of them.

6. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,117
    so, sit on hands, do nothing, pay another trillion in bailouts for them when they fail, AGAIN, with tax payer's money!

ARE YOU ALL CRAZY?

7. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,879
    You know, you really are a propagandist tool.

Toro's explanation was excellent. This bill is a good idea and it would be paid for by Wall Street.

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,879
    Sweetie...nothing matters to them except the Republicans being in power. This is one reason I'll usually support Democrats over Republicans. Democrats actually have ideas on how to help the country...Republicans only have ideas on how to be in power.

It's just a damn shame the Democrats are so inept in the face of Republican propaganda.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    It's always more difficult to have to put forth complex concepts in the face of pithy one-liners... even if the one-liners are lies and stupidity.

It's also easier to get agreement on what you're against than it is to get agreement on what you're for.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,310
    And they say the MSM is liberal. We are ruled by myth today and it is primarily from the right wing corporate powers.

"The 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy." Alex Carey