Think this is new? Amazon customers can buy a tiny home for less than $20,000

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
And free shipping to boot...but think again.

Amazon customers can buy a tiny home for less than $20,000 along with free shipping

crescent---catalog-334a1867a50c431284c54d72ac3a82f82845997e-s800-c85.jpg

Sears Catalog Homes were catalog and kit houses sold primarily through mail order by Sears, Roebuck and Company, an American retailer. Sears reported that more than 70,000 of these homes were sold in North America between 1908 and 1940.Wikipedia

I’ve noticed several news stories and narratives about these super small “green” living spaces. Trying to make it sound cool to essentially be living in a shipping crate. The radical left really want this new generation to accept living like peasants their whole lives.

If that’s the way people wish to live then have at it. I think cool, but that style isn’t for us. I think could fill that house with just our board games, though. lol

My mom said back in the 80's I think it was she went on a home and garden tour of the old Sears homes they used to sell as kit. Said it was kind of neat and a lot of them you wouldn't know weren't just stick built houses. I have been in one of the Lustron houses. Now that is a little too weird for me. They are made of enamel coated steel so it is like living inside an appliance LOL.

If that’s the way people wish to live then have at it. I think cool, but that style isn’t for us. I think could fill that house with just our board games, though. lol

Do you guys have normal board games or does it look like that one Robin Willams movie?

Anyways back to topic I still think those homes are cool and would help with our homeless population.

Not bad. We lived an RV for many years traveling around the U.S. We have since settled in one spot in our RV. Would not hesitate for a moment to move into one of the tiny houses. Only problem is wife can not climb ladders any more and I use the bathroom too many times in the night.
When we sold our house I realized just how much useless junk we had accumulated. We found three potatoe pealers stuffed in a drawer, I do not use them, given out by companies along with other junk.

Not bad. We lived an RV for many years traveling around the U.S. We have since settled in one spot in our RV. Would not hesitate for a moment to move into one of the tiny houses. Only problem is wife can not climb ladders any more and I use the bathroom too many times in the night.
When we sold our house I realized just how much useless junk we had accumulated. We found three potatoe pealers stuffed in a drawer, I do not use them, given out by companies along with other junk.
Agreed. We full time now, but our MH is bigger than most of these homes.

Also it depends on your physical size and mobility. If you are 5 feet tall, skinny and nimble then a 200 sq ft house might be ok. If you are 6 feet tall, fat and stiff 200 square feet isn't going to cut it.

Not too bad with sleeping loft, and looks really pleasant.

Let's see how many comments are posted like thehawk blaming the flaming liberal left of pushing the next generation into eco hovels.
upload_2019-7-2_11-0-49.png

I’ve noticed several news stories and narratives about these super small “green” living spaces. Trying to make it sound cool to essentially be living in a shipping crate. The radical left really want this new generation to accept living like peasants their whole lives.

Tiny homes are cool because you can hook them up and travel with them. I think minimalism is awesome, and it saves a shitload of money too.

Do you guys have normal board games or does it look like that one Robin Willams movie?

Anyways back to topic I still think those homes are cool and would help with our homeless population.

We have some classics, but it's mostly intricate, in-depth, and, involved games.

I think this tiny house movement could help alleviate some of our issues with homelessness.

We have some classics, but it's mostly intricate, in-depth, and, involved games.

I think this tiny house movement could help alleviate some of our issues with homelessness.

It must be great having all those gay friends you could find enough to play Axis and Allies with. Everyone is always married with their wife's and won't let them come out and play :(

It must be great having all those gay friends you could find enough to play Axis and Allies with. Everyone is always married with their wife's and won't let them come out and play :(

Almost all of my friends are straight/married, but their wives also love to play board/card/lawn games as well. We are fun-loving and competitive bunch.

Last edited:

Almost all of my friends are straight/married, but their wives also like to love play board/card/lawn games as well. We are fun-loving and competitive bunch.

Lucky...

Almost all of my friends are straight/married, but their wives also like to love play board/card/lawn games as well. We are fun-loving and competitive bunch.

Lucky...

The only time I could/can find three guys to play gin rummy with is in Jail...lol

Tiny homes are cool because you can hook them up and travel with them. I think minimalism is awesome, and it saves a shitload of money too.

Good for you, go live in a tin box.

Good for you, go live in a tin box.

:asshole:

55 inches of headroom (at the center rafter)? How cozy ... just don't forget to install a layer of TPU cushioning used in football helmets to the ceiling, and particularly that rafter hovering right over the pillow, unless you're fond of comas (or perhaps not fond of your front teeth).

51O%2BybqdH2L.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back