Thimble voted off as monopoly game piece...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
The classic thimble token has been officially voted off the Monopoly board.

Toy and game company Hasbro let the public vote on whether Monopoly's classic pieces should stick around or give way to more modern updates like the hashtag, the wireless phone, and the rubber duck last month. After tallying the 4 million votes, Hasbro announced Thursday that they're discontinuing the thimble in the next version of the game.

"We were a little bit surprised that the thimble got among the lowest votes because it's been in the game for so long," Senior Marketing VP for Hasbro Gaming Jonathan Berkowitz told CNN Money. The game introduced the thimble in 1935, the year Monopoly first came out.

The Internet Is Upset That Monopoly Just Killed the Thimble
RIP Thimble...they were likely trying to rid themselves of the less than PC Battleship after axing the cannon a few years ago.

Replace the Thimble with a flatscreen TV, or a smartphone, or better yet, a cup of Starbucks coffee...something 21st century urbanites can relate to.

I mean really, who uses a thimble anymore? All our sewing is done in China.

The classic thimble token has been officially voted off the Monopoly board.

Toy and game company Hasbro let the public vote on whether Monopoly's classic pieces should stick around or give way to more modern updates like the hashtag, the wireless phone, and the rubber duck last month. After tallying the 4 million votes, Hasbro announced Thursday that they're discontinuing the thimble in the next version of the game.

"We were a little bit surprised that the thimble got among the lowest votes because it's been in the game for so long," Senior Marketing VP for Hasbro Gaming Jonathan Berkowitz told CNN Money. The game introduced the thimble in 1935, the year Monopoly first came out.

The Internet Is Upset That Monopoly Just Killed the Thimble
RIP Thimble...they were likely trying to rid themselves of the less than PC Battleship after axing the cannon a few years ago.

Replace the Thimble with a flatscreen TV, or a smartphone, or better yet, a cup of Starbucks coffee...something 21st century urbanites can relate to.

I mean really, who uses a thimble anymore? All our sewing is done in China.

I did a video about this

I'm surprised the left doesn't boycott the game entirely. A game about acquiring real estate and wealth, I'm sure the safe spacers would be horrified by it.

I thought of the thimble as the offensive lineman of all Monopoly pieces. Very solid and non-delicate. It and the race car were my favorites. Hated the cannon as it was too dainty and also never cared for the shoe.

Forum List

Back