They Ain’t Pop-Tarts

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Democrats in the federal government have been abusing the Second Amendment for as long as I can remember. Locating the guns has always been a priority on par with confiscating guns. If I remember correctly, federal bureaucrats even tied gun control to the ACA by having doctors collect information about gun ownership from their patients.

Over the years, local governments, school boards, and just about every group with a gun control agenda pulled crazy stuff. I recall one story where a kid was punished because he pointed his index finger like a gun. I’m not sure if he said “Bang, bang. You’re dead.” Federal and local officials are so ludicrous it is impossible to keep track of the stuff they come up with.

On a more serious note, Senator Di Fi made a career out of trying to confiscate assault rifles. Happily, she should go nuts pissing and moaning trying to figure an angle on this one:

PlasticGun.jpg

“A working gun does not pop out of the 3D printer ready to fire, like a pop-tart from the toaster,” he said. “Using a 3D printer to create the parts, and assemble them, is a time-intensive process that requires advanced knowledge of machining and gunsmithing.”​

Naturally, anything that has to do with guns requires a costly defense of constitutional Rights that have been on the books for more than two centuries. One would think that the First and Second Amendments would be settled law by now:

A lawsuit has been filed against the federal government alleging that its restrictions on posting online the plans for a 3D printer to make a firearm violates the First Amendment and other provisions of the Constitution.​

The case has been filed in the U.S. District Court in Austin, Texas, on behalf of Defense Distributed and the Second Amendment Foundation and names the Department of State, John Kerry and a long list of additional federal officials as defendants.

Battle erupts over censorship of 3D-printer gun plans
Posted By Bob Unruh On 05/07/2015 @ 9:08 pm

Battle erupts over censorship of 3D-printer gun plans

Those darn democrats, this guy agrees with you. Shoot on people, shoot on. "Eric manufactured three more pipe bombs: the Charlie batch. Then he halted production until December. What he needed was guns. And that was becoming a problem.

Eric had been looking into the Brady Bill. Congress had passed the law restricting the purchase of most popular semiautomatic machine guns in 1993. A federal system of instant background checks would soon go into effect. Eric was going to have a hard time getting around that.

"Fu-ck you Brady!" Eric wrote in his journal. All he wanted was a couple of guns - "and thanks to your fu-cking bill I will probably not get any!" He wanted them only for personal protection, he joked: "Its not like I'm some psycho who would go on a shooting spree. fu-ckers."

Eric frequently made his research do double duty for both schoolwork and his master plan. He wrote up a short research assignment on the Brady Bill that week. It was a good idea in theory, he said, aside from the loopholes. The biggest problem was that checks applied only to licensed dealers, not private dealers. So two-thirds of the licensed dealers had just gone private. "The FBI just shot themselves in the foot," he concluded."

Eric was rational about his firepower. "As of this date I have enough explosives to kill about 100 people," he wrote. With axes, bayonets, and assorted blades, he could maybe take out ten more. That was as far as hand to-hand combat would get him. A hundred and ten people. "that just isn't enough!"

"Guns!" the entry concluded. "I need guns! Give me some fu-cking firearms!" p.280 'Columbine' by Dave Cullen

Guns are the crack of the partisan hacks. Courage is an imaginary passion for them and thus the gun huggers cling to the source of their only strength, an empty bravado. Fear is their being. They are like a child with its blankee who cries when separated. Drugs, even when they are hard metal talismans of courage are not something the frightened can part with. They have come to represent freedom for the unfree, teetered as they are to the gun lobby and the NRA, and a gross misrepresentation of the 2nd amendment. They need their fix and their fix is an object of imaginary security, an object that gives meaning to a senselessness that only programmed Americans can believe is real. Oh and I laugh that the NRA removed the word 'militia' from their retard headquarters misuse of the second.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

"About 32,000 people are shot and killed every year in the United States. An additional 70,000 suffer non-fatal injuries from gun shots, three-quarters of which are due to interpersonal violence. Since 1968, more people have been killed by firearms on this civilian ‘peacetime’ battleground across the US than in all military conflicts beginning with the War of Independence in 1775. In 1997, the rate of firearm deaths among children under 15 years old was about 12 times higher in the US than the combined rate for 25 other industrialised countries. And in 2010, firearms accounted for 18,270 deaths or injuries to children and teenagers. The number of deaths due to guns has gone down from a peak in the early 1990s, but firearms still account for half the suicides and over two-thirds of all homicides. It is just a whole lot easier to kill with a bullet than by strangling, drowning, poisoning, or with fists, clubs and knives. But despite these ghastly statistics, one constantly encounters stickers, cable news hosts, and editorials insisting that guns save lives." Do guns save lives Venkat Srinivasan Aeon

"Keeping a gun in the home carries a murder risk 2.7 times greater than not keeping one, according to a study by Arthur Kellermann. The National Rifle Association has fiercely attacked this study, but it remains valid despite its criticisms. The study found that people are 21 times more likely to be killed by someone they know than a stranger breaking into the house. Half of the murders were over arguments or romantic triangles. The study also found that the increased murder rate in gun-owning households was entirely due to an increase in gun homicides only, not any other murder method. It further found that gun-owning households saw an increased murder risk by family or intimate acquaintances, not by strangers or non-intimate acquaintances. The most straightforward explanation is that the presence of a gun increases the possibility that a normal family fight or drinking binge will become deadly. No other explanation fits the above facts." A gun in the home increases personal safety

If it was protected by the 2nd Amendment he would have confiscated it:

195282_5_.jpg

In an effort to assuage what is perceived to be the fragile sensibilities of Muslim-Americans, Barack Obama has once again bowed to political correctness by extending his usual partiality toward an individual based solely on skin color and religion.

September 18, 2015
Suspicious Pop-Tart guns versus scientific suitcase clocks
By Jeannie DeAngelis

Blog: Suspicious Pop-Tart guns versus scientific suitcase clocks

Forum List

Back