They Ain’t Butch & Sundance

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Judi McLeod reminds us:

“According to Marine Corps regulation MCO P1020.34F of the Marine Corps Uniform Regulations chapter 3, a male Marine is not allowed to carry an umbrella while in uniform. There is no provision in the Marine Corps uniform regulation guidelines that allows a male Marine to carry an umbrella.

XXXXX

“Not even the President of the United States can request a Marine to carry an umbrella without the express consent of the Commandant of the Marine Corps, according (to) the Marine Corps Manual.

‘The Incident in the Rose Garden Rain’
By Judi McLeod Friday, May 17, 2013

?The Incident in the Rose Garden Rain?

First question: Was the Commandant of the Marine Corps asked? Second question: Did the Commandant of the Marine Corps give his consent? Third question: What would happen to the Commandant of the Marine Corps if he said no?

I can understand a sewer rat’s aversion to clean water. I can’t understand why Hussein did not get two of his White House flunkies to hold the umbrellas. Better still, Turkey’s prime minister should have used his own flunky to hold his umbrella.

images

One thing is certain, the two douche bags in the picture are not Butch and Sundance. I don’t know much about the Turk, but Hussein never stops complaining:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1HCQcSHW0&feature=player_detailpage]BJ Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head [LYRICS] - YouTube[/ame]​

Last edited:
“Not even the President of the United States can request a Marine to carry an umbrella without the express consent of the Commandant of the Marine Corps, according (to) the Marine Corps Manual.

I rather doubt that.

I rather doubt that.

To editec: Exactly what is it that you doubt? The Marine Corps Manual!

Last edited:

I rather doubt that.

To editec: Exactly what is it that you doubt? The Marine Corps Manual!

Let me know when the Marine Corps Manual (something I never actually ever heard of, although I have heard of the UCMJ) supercedes the Constitution of the the USA.

I presume you are basing your opinion based on the following:
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices,

You seem to interpret that as imposing an onus on the POTUS to ASK the "principal Officers of those departments" if he can assign service personnel to a certain task.

I do not think that is how that is interpreted, nor would it make rhetorical sense if it did.

What that means is that those "principle officers" must repond to HIS requests for their opinions, and NOT the other way around.

He is not the Sometimes when the Generals feel like it, the Commander in Chief, he is the Commander in Chief of ALL the armed forces all the time in EVERY case, lad.

Last edited:
One would assume the regulation regards using the umbrella for personal protection from the rain. I doubt if a Marine would be prosecuted for holding an umbrella for a woman or his freaking kid. That having been said I don't think Marines should be treated as butlers but that's how the system has evolved.

You have to wonder why they even needed the umbrellas, Looks like all they needed to do was move the podiums back 10 feet so they would be under the cover of the porch roof. Shows how incompetent Obama's aids are if they didn't see the forecast for rain that day.

Forum List

Back