These states could be the next Alabama

Arizona
Trump appeared poised to work against the NRSC and Sen. Jeff Flake in Arizona when the President tweeted in August: "Great to see that Dr. Kelli Ward is running against Flake Jeff Flake, who is WEAK on borders, crime and a non-factor in Senate. He's toxic!"
But now that Flake will not be seeking re-election, some Republicans are hopeful that the president could help stop a train wreck in the party primary, with insurgent candidate Ward expected to take on Rep. Martha McSally for the open seat.

Nevada
Sen. Dean Heller was a thorn in Trump's side on a health care vote earlier this year and during the 2016 presidential election, when Heller refused to support the Republican nominee.
As a result, the Nevada Republican has become a key target of Bannon's allies, who have thrown their support behind Danny Tarkanian. Although he has mounted multiple unsuccessful campaigns for various state and federal offices since 2004, Tarkanian also boasts passionate support among conservative grassroots voters.

Mississippi

In perhaps the closest analog to the Alabama special election, Sen. Roger Wicker could face a challenge next year in deep-red Mississippi from Republican state Sen. Chris McDaniel, who nearly defeated Sen. Thad Cochran in 2014. Then a private citizen, Trump endorsed McDaniel in that matchup, tweeting, "He is strong, he is smart & he wants things to change in Washington."

Wyoming and Nebraska
As with Wicker, the President called Sens. John Barrasso of Wyoming and Deb Fischer of Nebraska in October to offer his support for their re-election bids, at a time when both found themselves in Bannon's crosshairs.
"Even safe incumbents like Barrasso and Deb Fischer, they have to understand something," Bannon said on "Hannity" in October. "Just voting is not good enough. You have to have a sense of urgency. Nobody's safe. We are coming after all of them and we're gonna win."

Lets call it the "Breitbart factor" if Bannon/Breitbart primary sitting Republican Senators and replace them with "Roy Moores" Republicans can lose the Senate

These states could be the next Alabama - CNNPolitics
So fun every time you leftards show your desperation by quoting CNN.

Analysis: Trump has 1% chance of nomination - CNNPolitics

aaaliphotos-73.jpg

Alabama is an open state where both parties can vote in a primary. Angry dirty tricks democrats mobilized and voted for a flawed candidate to replace the incumbent when they knew they could smear him with 40 year old allegations. It was a slick trick and you can bet your ass democrats that can't win an election in the open will try any underhanded tactic as long as they have the mainstream media to back them up with fake news.

Alabama is an open state where both parties can vote in a primary. Angry dirty tricks democrats mobilized and voted for a flawed candidate to replace the incumbent when they knew they could smear him with 40 year old allegations. It was a slick trick and you can bet your ass democrats that can't win an election in the open will try any underhanded tactic as long as they have the mainstream media to back them up with fake news.

What Bullshit

Stupid Breitbart Republicans pushed Creepy Roy over an electable Luther Strange
The key will be whether Breitbart and Bannon can pull their magic in another state

From the article:

" 'We've learned from Tuesday's results that candidates matter, and we can't afford to lose Republican seats because of bad candidates,' said one former Trump campaign official."​

Well, duh!
  • Did Trump campaign officials, until this week, truly think that as a result of Trump's election the electorate did not "wake up" and belatedly realize that character matters and that great wealth is not a sound or valid proxy for great character?
  • Did Trump campaign officials, until this week, truly construe Trump's ascendance as proof positive that the electorate would, having learned they elected to the Presidency a pedestrian wretch, again blunder so?
One, particularly one like Trump, can fool some of the people some of the time, and one can even fool over and over again some of those people, but one cannot fool continuously most or all of the people. Is it truly so that Trump's campaign team are indeed the sycophants one must be to not realize Trump is a depraved chronically charlatanous abomination to the senses who is no more fit for the Presidency than is a babbling neanderthal? Judging by the remark above, apparently at least one is, and Lord, I and everyone else knows that birds of a feather not only flock but thereunto sh*t on everything together.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to see what happens in 2018, but the election in Alabama doesn't worry me too much. The numbers still do not favor the regressives, so I'm pretty sure democrooks lose seats. For that matter if Jones wants to get re-elected in Alabama he might want to get on board with the GOP and be the one "maverick" that will of course not be exalted like McLame.

Uhm the dishonorable ex judge 2 times fired Roy Moore was not an incumbent.

I'm still waiting to see what happens in 2018, but the election in Alabama doesn't worry me too much. The numbers still do not favor the regressives, so I'm pretty sure democrooks lose seats. For that matter if Jones wants to get re-elected in Alabama he might want to get on board with the GOP and be the one "maverick" that will of course not be exalted like McLame.

The numbers overwhelmingly favor Republicans. They only have to defend nine seats and most are in Red States
They will have to screw up very, very badly to lose the Senate

That is where Trump and Bannon come in.....
If Trump enters 2018 with a 30% approval and the election becomes a referendum on Trump....Republicans can lose badly
If Bannon primaries sitting Republican Senators and replaces them with batshit crazy idealists...Republicans will lose

The numbers overwhelmingly favor Republicans. They only have to defend nine seats and most are in Red States

If Trump enters 2018 with a 30% approval and the election becomes a referendum on Trump....Republicans can lose badly
If Bannon primaries sitting Republican Senators and replaces them with batshit crazy idealists...Republicans will lose

Not really. At this point, there are five seats up for grabs. Indiana, Nevada, Arizona, Missouri, and Tennessee. I would give Democrats the edge in Tennessee and Nevada.

Arizona is the state that most resembles Alabama. Kelli Ward is a fruitcake Roy Moore candidate. However McSally is a moderate Democrat with a fairy tale history unlike Jones.

Lets call it the "Breitbart factor" if Bannon/Breitbart primary sitting Republican Senators and replace them with "Roy Moores" Republicans can lose the Senate

These states could be the next Alabama - CNNPolitics
So fun every time you leftards show your desperation by quoting CNN.

Analysis: Trump has 1% chance of nomination - CNNPolitics

aaaliphotos-73.jpg

Funny you posted the odds BEFORE Comey dropped his unwarranted bombshell

Funny, that it is now clear that Comey should have dropped an Indictment!

There's about 25 House seats that were won by republicans in states that voted for Clinton in 2016.....What are the chances that republicans will maintain those seats?

and what would the majority/minority count then be in the House next November?

There's about 25 House seats that were won by republicans in states that voted for Clinton in 2016.....What are the chances that republicans will maintain those seats?

and what would the majority/minority count then be in the House next November?
We'll know in about 47 weeks

Not really. At this point, there are five seats up for grabs. Indiana, Nevada, Arizona, Missouri, and Tennessee. I would give Democrats the edge in Tennessee and Nevada.

Arizona is the state that most resembles Alabama. Kelli Ward is a fruitcake Roy Moore candidate. However McSally is a moderate Democrat with a fairy tale history unlike Jones.

Why on earth would you give Democrats an edge in Tennessee? They haven’t had a Democrat Senator since Al Gore. Furthermore, where are you getting the idea that Arizona is the most like Alabama? Arizona is only marginally Republican and heavily Hispanic. It is absolutely nothing like Alabama. Tennessee would be the closest state resembling Alabama and again, Alabama only happened the way it did because the Republicans nominated the worst possible candidate in the state.

Forum List

Back