There is nothing wrong with the healthcare industry

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
The problem is rising costs for the best of new procedures are outpacing the increase of wealth in America. This will continue until no one can afford the product anymore then research dollars will be spent trying to make the product cheaper.

Imagine lying in one of them dual bed hospital rooms. The fella next to you hasn't exhausted the money left in his 401k yet so he was able to borrow against it to get a bone marrow transplant.

You? Oops, you lived to 90. Although you retired upper middle class your insurance costs kept rising, and you know, the market hasn't gone anywhere in a decade so your investments fell behind inflation. You did take that retirement early when you were 60 so that's been a long time ago.

So as health insurance for a 90 year old has become $14,500 a month you opted for a cheaper plan which does not cover squat w/o a healthy co-pay. So, you wanna pay for that bone marrow transplant or send that 82 year old wife of yours back to work this month instead of next?

Pure capitalism. I see nothing wrong with the future.

lol.

The trends for the future do worry me.

Lord forbid the day when I'm faced with the decision of paying for chemo this and stem cell that out of a reverse mortgage on the house my younger wife is living in.

I have two slightly conflicting charts I've found looking for healthcare cost as a % of GDP or income.

One makes it look catastrophic, the other merely bad.

increase-in-healthcare-costs.gif

business-roundtable-healthcare-costs.jpg

hello ... Toronado3800 ...!!! you are right.... i am also agree with you there is nothing wrong with the healthcare industry.... i go with one atrical on internet where its say ..More money per person is spent on health care in the US than in any other nation in the world and a larger amount of total income in the country is spent on health care in the US ..did you know ?? the United States has the third highest public healthcare expenditure per capita..:razz:

You mean there is nothing wrong with American DISEASE CARE. Health care is almost non existent.
5% of the population uses 54% of all health care dollars in America.
53% of all health care dollars is spent on disease care, 85% of it PREVENTABLE diseases.
Great system.

Forum List

Back