There ARE honest people on the Left.

Exactly! PKnopp either hopes to convert me to his side,

What is my side? I simply asked questions about this article.

or at least to weaken my belief in my own side -- he's not a softy, he's a political fighter.

I'll never fight for politics.

Perhaps he also hopes to convince people who read these threads and who are bored by childish insults, but want to read the back-and-forth argument of committed people who have something to say. Just like me.

Hollywood has conditioned us to think in terms of Pure Good people, and Pure Evil people. It's not a dastardly plot, it's just entertainment -- it's what bards were doing before Gilgamesh -- usually with a single powerful Hero to rescue the Good People. It's what sells.

What kids see on a screen -- in color, with pretty girls and handsome men! car chases! guns! -- makes a hundred times more impression on them than what some teacher can tell them in a classroom, assuming that they even learn about the complexity of society in classrooms nowadays. (We didn't when I was a kid either.)

I should say that this has changed a bit over the years, though. There are some really excellent movies and TV series -- Like Clint Eastwood's Flags of our Fathers, and Letters from Iwo Jima.
[ Flags of Our Fathers (film) - Wikipedia
Letters from Iwo Jima - Wikipedia ]

and the Sopranos TV series and Better Call Saul sequels.

But we're in a cold civil war, and in wars, it's inevitable that the enemy will be demonized. (And, to give the Leftist Demon his due, it's the rational kernal of the Left's objection to patriotism.)

Patriotism has devolved into supporting our wars even though we know we were lied into them. I reject that.

Sorry, but Naomi Wolf is nothing but a curiosity

I applaud her honesty even if it does not make up for all the lies coming from the left

What part of her honesty do you support? When she notes Tucker twists the truth? The part where she says protesters should be prosecuted for 1/6?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying both sides are the same, or that the democrat party hasn't been taken over by awful people. Republicans, while useless and not overly concerned with Americans, they have not gone off the deep end. When I say it would be nice to talk to people who don't agree, I'm not talking about people who want to hurt kids or sick the government on political enemies. I'm talking about policy stuff like tax rates, foreign affairs, trade, ect. I'm glad pknopp and Doug1943 actually talked to each other instead of calling each other names. That is the way it should be.
The "awful people" you speak of, deserve to be ridiculed at every opportunity. They are, in fact, awful. As a matter of fact, let's not mince words. They're a bunch of slimeballs! Who would discuss policy with someone like that? I don't want people like that anywhere near policy! Or even implementation! Look what we have right now, fentanyl is pouring across the border, people are dying every single day - because these awful people refuse to enforce the law. Same with their DA's. Same with their mayors. Most of these people couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, and I wouldn't trust them to try.

The "awful people" you speak of, deserve to be ridiculed at every opportunity. They are, in fact, awful. As a matter of fact, let's not mince words. They're a bunch of slimeballs! Who would discuss policy with someone like that? I don't want people like that anywhere near policy! Or even implementation! Look what we have right now, fentanyl is pouring across the border, people are dying every single day - because these awful people refuse to enforce the law. Same with their DA's. Same with their mayors. Most of these people couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag, and I wouldn't trust them to try.

I've been arguing endlessly for the government to enforce our employment laws. I generally get push back every time.

The part where she says protesters should be prosecuted for 1/6?
I completely reject that concept.

The answer is, ONLY if the equivalent leftard protesters are prosecuted in an equivalent manner for the crimes THEY committed.

Which they are not.

And until they are, I will fight the leftards tooth and nail on every single bullshit politically motivated prosecution they bring to table - which is ALL of them!

These idiots have their heads so far up Trump's butt they're missing a thousand other more important things.

The only reason Trump would be more important is if they needed to torpedo him 'cause they're scared to death of his existence.

What part of her honesty do you support? When she notes Tucker twists the truth? The part where she says protesters should be prosecuted for 1/6?
There were a few people who crossed the line by entering the capital building

But the lies that Wolf mentions more than make up for some protesters trespassing and disturbing the peace

It's important for patriots to realize that the Left is not monolithic. There are free thinkers there ...
There's little value in "free" thinking if you're not very good at thinking in the first place. Wolf jumped the shark long ago and now resides with Rudy in never never land.

Not everything is a fucking function of political ideology,

True. The Democratic base just hides their violent racism and degenerate kiddie grooming fantasies and commie fanaticism behind a faux 'ideology'. No argument there. They aren't 'left wing' in real life, just sniveling sociopaths with particularly disgusting mental illnesses and fetishes.

Honesty is not a function of political ideology. There are liars and bullshitters across the political spectrum.

Not everything is a fucking function of political ideology, as much as political ideologues want it to be.
It's not ideology, it's blind partisanship. Partisans rarely think in terms of ideology. They rarely think.

But the lies that Wolf mentions more than make up for some protesters trespassing and disturbing the peace

Again, what lies? Be specific

True. The Democratic base just hides their violent racism and degenerate kiddie grooming fantasies and commie fanaticism behind a faux 'ideology'. No argument there. They aren't 'left wing' in real life, just sniveling sociopaths with particularly disgusting mental illnesses and fetishes.
You guys communicate like you're doing a right wing talk show. Which makes sense, considering that's where you get your thought processes.

Regardless, you're no more honest than those you hate.

You guys communicate like you're doing a right wing talk show. Which makes sense, considering that's where you get your thought processes.

Regardless, you're no more honest than those you hate.

^^^Parrot thinks 'everybody else' is like him and his fanboi habits. Keep up the lies, it just helps others note how sleazy you and your peers are.

Actually the Democrats' response, with show trials and absurd charges proved the protestors' points re corruption and partisan proescutions of political opponents. The Democrat Vice President called for bail money funds for the PArty's street thugs in their much more destructuve rampages of vandalism and destruction, which often includes arson on Federal buildings and police stations. The idiots actually claim they aren't 'organized acts, never mind their employees all chant the same chants, wear the same regalia, commit the same crimes over and over and over.

I know. Your tribe is honest, the other tribe is full of liars.

I know the talking points. Both ends use them. Boring.

You're just here to be mocked; nobody actually cares about your pre-scripted and Party approved dribblings. You outed yourself too long ago to be relevant any more. It's just slow on the board currently. lol

Possibly. Was the Confederate battle flag common in the North among young working class whites?
Have no idea about the numbers, Just my opinion that it was a minority of people that got upset enough to make a big deal over a flag.

Forum List

Back