The Winner Thread!

-=d=- said:
This thread is what's wrong with our school system.

Work with me here:

I was at my daughter's carnival last Halloween. We paid money for 'tickets' which we in turn used to 'pay' for various side-show-type games. At every game, EVERY player got a prize - the SAME prize. Whether you knock the bottles down or not.

Teaches kids this: There is no benefit for excellence. Everything in life is fair. No need to strive for achievement.

Frankly, the whole 'boost a kids self-esteem' philosophy is killing our kids, emotionally, and created inflated sense of self-worth. It's very anti-christian taken to some extremes. Proverbs tells us to NOT brag about ourselves, or what we've done; Christ tells us unless we are humble, like slaves (slaves which drive RX8s are okay, btw, I checked it out), or servants, we'll not see God.

:)

There. I won.

Are you calling us kids? :poke: My GMC Jimmy can whip your RX8 any day.

pretender said:
Says you.... :tng: We're cool.....
If you say so.....
It MUST be true!

Hey if this thread works the opposite of the last person thread,
then the last person to post to this thread would lose.

-=d=- said:
This thread is what's wrong with our school system.

Work with me here:

I was at my daughter's carnival last Halloween. We paid money for 'tickets' which we in turn used to 'pay' for various side-show-type games. At every game, EVERY player got a prize - the SAME prize. Whether you knock the bottles down or not.

Teaches kids this: There is no benefit for excellence. Everything in life is fair. No need to strive for achievement.

Frankly, the whole 'boost a kids self-esteem' philosophy is killing our kids, emotionally, and created inflated sense of self-worth. It's very anti-christian taken to some extremes. Proverbs tells us to NOT brag about ourselves, or what we've done; Christ tells us unless we are humble, like slaves (slaves which drive RX8s are okay, btw, I checked it out), or servants, we'll not see God.

:)

There. I won.

I think you should call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHmbulance...

Thanks Jeff!!
a084.gif

Forum List

Back