The Weightlifting Thread

USViking said:
I’m glad you have had an opportunity to get acquainted with me.
I ain’t shitten you, I am right, and the sooner people like you
realise it, the better.

And my comment was that steroids are for losers who suck ,
which you are all hyped up about , and said it was government propoganda,
or some fucking thing.

The topic turned to doping when you chose to disagree with another,
wiser poster’s advice to stay away from steroids.

Before that, it was purely a weightlifting thread.

You are the only one who perverted it.

I’ll chop up the rest of you crap later.

Number one, dipshit, you and I feel exactly the same about cheating to win. You're just too fucking dumb to figure it out.

Number two, your comment that seroids are for losers that suck are the words of an uneducated moron.

Number three, I did not disagree with anyone saying to stay away from steroids. Yet another of your flights of fancy.

I perverted nothing. I know what I stated from word one, and have consistently stated the same and the logical reasoning why. You on the other hand have backed up your flapping gums with nothing but your overly-emotional ranting on a topic you clearly do not comprehend.

Now run along and play with the rest of the kiddies, Timmy. The adults are talking here.

GunnyL said:
Nowhere have I stated I am okay with cheating to win at anything. Nowhere have I stated that I use or have used steroids. I merely made a statement of fact -- steroids are not the "big evil" they're made out to be. Simple as that.

EVERYTHING you have accused me of is a product of YOUR imagination rather than anything I have said. If you could successfully pry your head loose from the death grip your sphincter has on it, you'd probably be able to figure that out.
If steroids areused for unfair advantage, then it is cheating to
use them, and they are part of the evil of sports doping.

GunnyL said:
But just to set you straight, I'll try to do this at as base a level as I possibly can:

I do not believe in cheating to win at anything, by any means. It is morally wrong. This of course has nothing to do with this thread, since in the context of an individual workout, the only person one could cheat is oneself.
I said earlier it was wrong to cheat yourself.

GunnyL said:
I do not and have never taken anabolic steroids, even when they were legal.
Good.

GunnyL said:
Again, if you don't like the reasons I did not take them, tough shit.
I guess so.

GunnyL said:
I don't care if pro athletes cheat because I could care less about pro sports.
Why should you get all hot about it if people who do care
about pro sports or anything else also care about cheating?

GunnyL said:
People like YOU have made them the overpaid primadonnas they are.

I don't relieve the athletes of their responsibility where cheating to win is concerned. Neither am I going to let society off the hook for indoctrinating us from birth to "win at all cost;" which, apparently you turn a blind eye to.
I heard you before, and I took care of you before.

GunnyL said:
Dude, you need to take your little cheesecleaver and crawl back into the History Quiz where at least you appear to have a clue. You've been lost since the kickoff here and I'm tired of wasting my breath on your dumb ass.
Then why don’t you shut up?

GunnyL said:
(post #23) Number one, dipshit, you and I feel exactly the same about cheating to win. You're just too fucking dumb to figure it out.
GunnyL said:
(post #20) I don't care if pro athletes cheat because I could care less about pro sports.
Make up your damn mind.

GunnyL said:
Number two, your comment that seroids are for losers that suck are the words of an uneducated moron.
Previously addressed.

GunnyL said:
(post #23) Number three, I did not disagree with anyone saying to stay away from steroids. Yet another of your flights of fancy.
GunnyL said:
(post #21) I think making steroids illegal has done more to cause the problems you state than stop them. Used to be you could take them under a physician's supervision, and get pharmaceutical-grade products rather than "Bobby's Bathtub Brew."
Make up your damn mind.

GunnyL said:
I perverted nothing. I know what I stated from word one, and have consistently stated the same and the logical reasoning why. You on the other hand have backed up your flapping gums with nothing but your overly-emotional ranting on a topic you clearly do not comprehend.
Z-Z-Z-Z-Z

GunnyL said:
Now run along and play with the rest of the kiddies, Timmy. The adults are talking here.
I am get sort of tired of kicking your butt, and you aren’t doing
much now except repeating yourself, so maybe I’ll give you break.

USViking said:
Make up your damn mind.

Previously addressed.

Make up your damn mind.

Z-Z-Z-Z-Z

I am get sort of tired of kicking your butt, and you aren’t doing
much now except repeating yourself, so maybe I’ll give you break.

You SERIOUSLY need help. Attempting to resort to semantics now, are you? I say attempt because it truly is about as poor a job as I've seen. But then, that appears to be true of your ability to debate as a whole.

Please DO crawl back under the rock from whence you came. You had FAR more entertainment value when I didn't know you existed.

Today I worked my legs, just light stuff due to limited resources in my garage. I also did ab stuff, all the Butterfingers have lead to the decline and fall of my once-great 8-pack.

Update: I am now officially off all forms of pop except for outings and restaurants.

Semper Fi said:
Today I worked my legs, just light stuff due to limited resources in my garage. I also did ab stuff, all the Butterfingers have lead to the decline and fall of my once-great 8-pack.

Update: I am now officially off all forms of pop except for outings and restaurants.

YOu never did say what kind of weights you work out on. You mentioned a bowflex, is that it?

GunnyL said:
YOu never did say what kind of weights you work out on. You mentioned a bowflex, is that it?

No, I was looking into bowflexes a while back but ultimately decided against it (unless I could find one for cheap, very cheap). In my garage we have a rickety old bench, and two bars, one straight, an assortment of plates to go on the bars, and an odd assortmet of dumbells. We also have a treadmill and a non-mechanical ab-worker-thing.

What I was doing was calf raises on a step going into the garage, and a dead-lift type exercise with two dumbells instead of a bar. The weight was comically light but will no doubt increase over time.

By the way, who here has a bowflex? Are they any good?

Semper Fi said:
No, I was looking into bowflexes a while back but ultimately decided against it (unless I could find one for cheap, very cheap). In my garage we have a rickety old bench, and two bars, one straight, an assortment of plates to go on the bars, and an odd assortmet of dumbells. We also have a treadmill and a non-mechanical ab-worker-thing.

What I was doing was calf raises on a step going into the garage, and a dead-lift type exercise with two dumbells instead of a bar. The weight was comically light but will no doubt increase over time.

By the way, who here has a bowflex? Are they any good?

I do not have a bowflex. It is my understanding they are good for what they are intended ... a toning up, circuit-training type deal. The worth of training equipment depends mostly on whether or not it suits your needs. Just beware of the gimmicks.

You need a good bench. A rickety bench goes along with what was said earlier about having weak legs -- if your foundation is weak, so are you.

While it is not impossible to build muscle to some level on machines or a bowflex, you'll build it quicker and be stronger using free weights. Free weights require not only lifting the weight, but supporting/balancing it as well, which brings many more secondary muscles into play than a machine will.

Before spending a dime, you need to decide what it is you want to accomplish. That will determine the equipment you need.

GunnyL said:
I do not have a bowflex. It is my understanding they are good for what they are intended ... a toning up, circuit-training type deal. The worth of training equipment depends mostly on whether or not it suits your needs. Just beware of the gimmicks.

You need a good bench. A rickety bench goes along with what was said earlier about having weak legs -- if your foundation is weak, so are you.

While it is not impossible to build muscle to some level on machines or a bowflex, you'll build it quicker and be stronger using free weights. Free weights require not only lifting the weight, but supporting/balancing it as well, which brings many more secondary muscles into play than a machine will.

Before spending a dime, you need to decide what it is you want to accomplish. That will determine the equipment you need.

I usually go to the gym, but my transportation was cut severly the past few weeks but still wanted to stay in shape. Me using them last week was the first time they were used in almost a year, usually I go to the gym on post.

I'm thinking once my dad retires we'll buy a Smith machine, and hopefully a much better set of dumbells.

What I am hoping to accomplish is to be strong and face with relative ease anything that might be thrown in my path in the future. I have respect for people who get off their buttockses and get healthy, and I hope other people are the same way. Finally, I want to get bigger. I've been just under average as far as size goes my entire life, so it feels good to be bigger than some people. Most of all though, I just want to get stronger. I hear it comes in handy in the Marines.

Forum List

Back