The Way The GOP Can Keep The Senate

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Very simple. Run ads in the contested states on gay marriage and men in women's showers. No other issue. Just the LGBT one. Independents will balk at the idea of a continued complete unchallenged path to those issues with a democrat Senate and Hillary in the Whitehouse. Concede defeat in the ads on POTUS; but push just the idea of holding the Senate just to push back on the LGBT legal freight train.

Bigger than jobs, the destruction of the nuclear family and just basic decency & common sense is the most visceral issue with voters; without them saying so. But it is nevertheless. Jobs is a close second though. But you need not even bring them up to cloud this crystal clear dog whistle. The LGBT issue will save the day.

It WILL work. (Target boycott; even California voted down gay marriage twice; once as recently as 2008...loaded with conservative hispanics)... THE MOST IMPORTANT part of the strategy is to not muddy in other issues. Keep the ads simple, clean and on one point and one point only.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
LGBT%20protest%20NC%20Valuaes%20Coalition_006

^^ = VOTES ^^ (I see a white independent woman and three black people in the photo). And think about the demographics who (used to) shop at Target stores.

Again, you're welcome.

Very simple. Run ads in the contested states on gay marriage and men in women's showers. No other issue. Just the LGBT one. Independents will balk at the idea of a continued complete unchallenged path to those issues with a democrat Senate and Hillary in the Whitehouse. Concede defeat in the ads on POTUS; but push just the idea of holding the Senate just to push back on the LGBT legal freight train.

Bigger than jobs, the destruction of the nuclear family and just basic decency & common sense is the most visceral issue with voters; without them saying so. But it is nevertheless. Jobs is a close second though. But you need not even bring them up to cloud this crystal clear dog whistle. The LGBT issue will save the day.

It WILL work. (Target boycott; even California voted down gay marriage twice; once as recently as 2008...loaded with conservative hispanics)...

You're welcome.
Look at you admitting you can't win on economics so you want to use social wedge issues to divide and distract.

Why don't Republicans talk about tariffs and all the other things trump says about bringing jobs back home? If Republicans aren't with trump on the things we like about trump, why support them?

^^ Nope, I'm saying if you're going to win over people to vote for your Congressional candidate, you do it with the deepest visceral issue you've got in your bag. You may have a dozen issues that MIGHT sway a few people. But if you have one KILLER issue that will sway TONS of people, you use it. This isn't rocket science..

BTW, it's obvious you're an LGBT democrat and it's obvious my idea worries you greatly. :popcorn: I'm a regular democrat though.

Their way to keep the Senate was to not nominate Donald Trump
Too late for that now. So this is a last minute lifesaver.

"I'm much better for the gays" -Donald Trump
One more reason for normal conservatives to reject him....in a sea of reasons... But Trump being 'for the gays' isn't a stretch of reason. It makes sense. Trump is obviously all about self-serving sexual perversion without limits. So, fits like a glove.

It WILL work. (Target boycott; even California voted down gay marriage twice; once as recently as 2008...loaded with conservative hispanics)...

You're welcome.
Republicans are not quite so one dimensional as you might think. People, including Republicans are far more concerned about jobs, healthcare, their kids education, and terrorism than they are women's showers.

^^ Nope, I'm saying if you're going to win over people to vote for your Congressional candidate, you do it with the deepest visceral issue you've got in your bag. You may have a dozen issues that MIGHT sway a few people. But if you have one KILLER issue that will sway TONS of people, you use it. This isn't rocket science..

BTW, it's obvious you're an LGBT democrat and it's obvious my idea worries you greatly. :popcorn: I'm a regular democrat though.

Their way to keep the Senate was to not nominate Donald Trump
Too late for that now. So this is a last minute lifesaver.
I was going to reply but why give you guys any help or advice.

From what I have read the HOuse and Senate are safe....which leads me to believe they are lying big time about Hilly leading

Republicans are not quite so one dimensional as you might think. People, including Republicans are far more concerned about jobs, healthcare, their kids education, and terrorism than they are women's showers.

I see you're trying to lure the strategy away from it's keen point: the fact that the LGBT freight train is pissing people off like no other issue. If your back is against the wall, you pull out your 9...not a pea shooter, bb gun or a pellet pistol.

From what I have read the HOuse and Senate are safe....which leads me to believe they are lying big time about Hilly leading

The House is safe, yes, mostly due to Congressional gerrymandering. The Senate is in no way safe. Republican incumbents are trailing in both Illinois and Wisconsin. They are running neck and neck with their opponents in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. The Democratic candidate is leading in Indiana, an open seat currently held by the GOP. The race here in Nevada is also tied for an open seat, currently held by a Democrat.

You're welcome.
Look at you admitting you can't win on economics so you want to use social wedge issues to divide and distract.

Why don't Republicans talk about tariffs and all the other things trump says about bringing jobs back home? If Republicans aren't with trump on the things we like about trump, why support them?

You mean like Republicans are going to take your right to an abortion away and Republicans deny marriage to gays? No wait, that's you ...

The House is safe, yes, mostly due to Congressional gerrymandering. The Senate is in no way safe. Republican incumbents are trailing in both Illinois and Wisconsin. They are running neck and neck with their opponents in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. The Democratic candidate is leading in Indiana, an open seat currently held by the GOP. The race here in Nevada is also tied for an open seat, currently held by a Democrat.

Perfect. Now we know what states to run the ads in. Wonder how many former Target shoppers are in each of those states? :popcorn:

You're welcome.

You mean like Republicans are going to take your right to an abortion away and Republicans deny marriage to gays? No wait, that's you ...
It is?

Trump will ban abortion. He said the 3 judges he would appoint would be pro life.

You're welcome.

It is?

Trump will ban abortion. He said the 3 judges he would appoint would be pro life.

You said that like it contradicted what I said

I see you're trying to lure the strategy away from it's keen point: the fact that the LGBT freight train is pissing people off like no other issue. If your back is against the wall, you pull out your 9...not a pea shooter, bb gun or a pellet pistol.
When all else fails hate the gays? Is that the general idea?

I think it's very unlikely that Democrats will capture the House. There are just too many Republican seats. The Senate is another matter.

What a lot of folks don't consider is there is really no hard and fast number for control on individual bills. The major prize for a party with a majority is control of the leadership.

The majorities and super majorities are fixed numbers but it is rare that every member will vote with his party on major issues. A one or two vote majority is not that difficult to overcome. For example, there has not been a confirmation vote on a Supreme Court Justice in which there was a straight party line vote in over 15 years, maybe a lot longer. There are always at least 4 or 5 votes that cross party lines. Also the longer the fight over a bill, the harder it is for a majority leader to keep all his members voting as a block because there are always deals being made and political pressure from supporters.

Forum List

Back