THe United States: Best Country On Planet

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Ike, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Ike

Ike Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The United States has made mistakes. I'm not here to deny that and be a fool.

THe United States is a superpower, so when it makes mistakes, they are usually big mistakes. Its just part of having a big foot;wherever you step leaves a big mark.

The United States however, is also the greatest country in the world. When I say that, what i mean is the U.S. more so than any country before it, has the chance to remake this world into something better.

The war in Iraq was not a mistake. We must democratize the middle east.
    If that fails, we must at least get rid of these theocratic dictatorships. They cannot be allowed to exist, they are a threat to ALL our existence.

People bitch and moan about the US. The US is second ONLY to Japan in Aid it gives to the world. Each year, millions of children are fed with US money.

US soldiers protect South Korea and countless other countries from invasion and obliteration.

If you hate Bush, fine. Whatever, who cares. But make no mistake, the US is the worlds best hope. Not only for peace, but for everything else too.

What do you think?

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Welcome Ike!

I would have to agree with your point that the US is something special. Our whole existence is based on a common bond, not of race, religion, or ancestry, but on the notion that "all men are created equal." As long as that notion remains in the forefront of our national mindset, I think that the US - and its democratic allies - will prevail against any threats that come against it.

3. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome IKE !:)

4. Lt.Cyc

Lt.Cyc Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    **edited by moderator **

** Chris “Cyc” Demetriou - I suggest you find a forum elsewhere **

5. wonderwench

wonderwench Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow Lt. - what an incredibly articulate post.

:rolleyes:

We won the Cold War against Communism.

That is a good thing - but unfortunately we did make some nasty alliances to accomplish it. Time to clean those up.

And a correction to Ike's post. If one includes military spending to protect other nations, our aid figures are the largest in the world, and in history.

6. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Let me get this straight... you're pissed off at America for starting wars and "killing so many people", and yet your pissed off that we werent there when you're country was invaded?

Do us all a favor, stop listening to the voices in your head. Let them fight amongst themselves. :rolleyes:

7. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Disregard the idiot. He's been sent back to play with the other 3rd graders who can't control their outbursts.

8. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Ike, I can honestly say that that was probably the most thoughtful, honest post I've seen on this board. Welcome!

Oh, and by the way, this forum is for US-haters, so get the hell out of here!!!:)

9. Cyc

Cyc Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    This is Lt. Cyc again
    to lilcountriegal: I said that u start wars of your own interest but when my country was invaded you were nowhere near to stop it. What part of that don't u understand? START-STOP, difference...
    I can write it in greek if u do not understand english.

And I would like to say that I am proud of joining this American message board. I can realy feel the USA freedom of speach feeling. Especially when the moderator deleted my message and banned my account. USA is great, imagine u created this Anti-USA section so u can remove any Anti-Usa stuff, and leave only the good shit, so you can read it, feel proud that noone has any real evidence or reason against USA and then masterbate.

to the moderator : Johny Walker - Keep Blinding

10. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Do you understand what freedom of speech entails? Look around the board, how many others do you see making their first post so inflammatory?

You're damn right you were banned. And I deleted the message so that no one had to read your stupid posts. Coming on here for the sole purpose of cursing out complete strangers is asinine.

Shall I ban this account as well, or do you think you can post like everyone else here?