The Truth is Finally Revealed: Beethoven was Black - not a cave dweller

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
'Beethoven was black': why a century-old idea still has power today

Was Beethoven black? The evidence is scant and inconclusive. The case rests on two possibilities: that Beethoven’s Flemish ancestors married Spanish “blackamoors” of African descent, or that Beethoven’s mother had an affair. But the truth Carmichael and Malcolm X sought was not scientific. “Beethoven was black” was a grand metaphor designed to unsettle and shake certainty.
Let's get the peaceful protests going. Reparations are just around the corner, now.

Was Beethoven black? The evidence is scant and inconclusive. The case rests on two possibilities: that Beethoven’s Flemish ancestors married Spanish “blackamoors” of African descent, or that Beethoven’s mother had an affair. But the truth Carmichael and Malcolm X sought was not scientific. “Beethoven was black” was a grand metaphor designed to unsettle and shake certainty.
Let's get the peaceful protests going. Reparations are just around the corner, now.
The idea that he was black started with a Jamaican writer Joel Rogers . Rogers was obsessed with sex and race and wrote a book called 'sex and race'. I wrote an essay on this back in college and never found any contemporary refs that said he was black, a few say 'of moorish descent' - which is not nec. black as we define it Negroes in Europe were so rare in his day that it would have been shouted from the rooftops if he were not of apparent European stock.

I need to get a T-shirt made:

Beethoven was Black
An 1814 etching of Ludwig van Beethoven by Blasius Hoefel.jpg

I wrote an essay on this back in college and never found any contemporary refs that said he was black, a few say 'of moorish descent' - which is not nec. black as we define it Negroes in Europe were so rare in his day that it would have been shouted from the rooftops if he were not of apparent European stock.
You mean, you are a racist and cannot accept the facts. (see the picture)
I am very confident that IM2 will confirm :afro: where is he, at peaceful protest or something?

And the astronauts that landed on the moon were black and found that the moon was made of cheese.

I wrote an essay on this back in college and never found any contemporary refs that said he was black, a few say 'of moorish descent' - which is not nec. black as we define it Negroes in Europe were so rare in his day that it would have been shouted from the rooftops if he were not of apparent European stock.
I am very confident that IM2 will confirm :afro: where is he, at peaceful protest or something?
The Race Card - yours must be frayed and tattered on the edges you use it so often. "Can't accept the facts?" -lol - show me some and perhaps we can have a meaningful discussion .

The Moors [Morroccans] were North Africans, neither black or white if you're ignorant such as you appear to be and judge people by the color of their skin, , they were PREDOMINANTLY olive in complexion like Sicilians. The Moors were / are berbers. Of the 100s of berber klans only 2 could be remotely considered 'black' that's the tuaregs , and the sahrawi - both dessert dwelling groups whom are brown skinned in addition to being roasted a tad by living in the desert they roam further south and are mixed with Africans whom they have taken as slaves for Centuries. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.

Not enough evidence on this even though I believe he did have some recent African ancestors

The Race Card - yours must be frayed and tattered on the edges you use it so often. "Can't accept the facts?" -lol - show me some and perhaps we can have a meaningful discussion .

The Moors [Morroccans] were North Africans, neither black or white if you're ignorant such as you appear to be and judge people by the color of their skin, , they were PREDOMINANTLY olive in complexion like Sicilians. The Moors were / are berbers. Of the 100s of berber klans only 2 could be remotely considered 'black' that's the tuaregs , and the sahrawi - both dessert dwelling groups whom are brown skinned in addition to being roasted a tad by living in the desert they roam further south and are mixed with Africans whom they have taken as slaves for Centuries. I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce.
Bullshit. Moor literally means Black. This guys skin isnt olive-skinned.

1379254_158146481060865_1029415232_n.jpg

There were Moors and then they had Tawny Moors which were the dark Arabs

How do you know he wasn't Black? Just your opinion or do you have some documentation?
if you believe that Beethoven was black you may have seen too many performances of “Hamilton” on broadway

dont take modern bullshit revisionist history seriously

How do you know he wasn't Black? Just your opinion or do you have some documentation?
if you believe that Beethoven was black you may have seen too many performances of “Hamilton” on broadway

dont take modern bullshit revisionist history seriously
Never seen Hamilton. I dont watch performances about white people.

You avoided my question which tells me you have been white boy fabled.

Except that the producers chose a gay black guy for the lead role

its seems ridiculous to normal people but business as usual in lib la la land

Except that the producers chose a gay black guy for the lead role

its seems ridiculous to normal people but business as usual in lib la la land
Doesnt change the fact that Hamilton was a white dude. Its no more ridiculous than white people portraying ancient Egyptians. If you can believe that then a Black Hamilton shouldnt be that different.

I noticed you again avoided my question.

And the astronauts that landed on the moon were black and found that the moon was made of cheese.
Everybody who was in the Apollo Program knows that Black astronaut candidates were superior and used for teaching/training the second rate white guys, because they wanted white en to be the face of the Program - the usual AmeriKKKlan racist culture.

Forum List

Back