The truth about taxes

It is the whole and entire reason for the power to Tax.
And the "whole and entire reason for the power to tax" is for the 18 enumerated powers delegated to the federal government by the states.
No, it isn't. That one line I gave you, is the whole and entire reason for the social Power to Tax the People.

to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States;
Yep....for their 18 enumerated powers. The federal government doesn't have one single power beyond those 18 enumerated powers. Sorry chief - welfare doesn't mean what you think it means. It's welfare of the United States. Not FDR welfare for the individual. Thanks for playing.
The general powers are clearly enumerated. Your position only makes sense for discretionary spending; taxes for the general welfare and common defence, along with paying the Debt, is Why our federal Congress is delegated the "social power over us" to Tax and create that civic Burden, for us.

"The tax code is a monstrosity and there's only one thing to do with it. Scrap it, kill it, drive a stake through its heart, bury it and hope it never rises again to terrorize the American people."

- Steve Forbes
The right wing is no better than "free chics" on this. Mostly all talk and mostly no action.

End our wars on crime, drugs, and terror, to end our Income Tax!

Both terms, promote and provide, are used in regard to the general welfare, but not the common defense.
And all apply to their 18 enumerated powers only. Thanks for playing.
Here are the specifically enumerated general powers:

to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States;
Yep. See? Just as I said...they are explicitly restricted to their 18 enumerated powers. They "General Welfare" is in regards to those 18 enumerated powers only.
Where did you come up with your right wing fantasy? I cited the general powers: to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; It is the whole and entire reason for the power to Tax.

The main reason for the current constitution is our founders seen that the articles didn't allow the federal government the ability to tax. This meant the federal government would have to beg states in order to fund the military, print currency or do anything...It wasn't working. Adams was quite big government and Washington placed Hamilton as our first treasure that believed in the first national bank so they weren't disbelievers in big government.

Sure there was a debate on scale of the government as Madison disagreed but to say that all our founders believed in your uncivilized crap shows how uneducated you're.
what uncivilized crap are you referring to?

What I find funny about loserterians that call them self's "constituionalist" is they probably never studied law, case law or even the constitution that they bitch about but they're all experts.
Hey genius....what constitutional conservative "bitches about" the U.S. Constitution? :uhh:

That's what you do. It's you progressive fascists that bitch about the U.S. Constitution because it prevents you from enforcing your fucked-up views on others.
All y'all have is fallacy. The Power to Tax is clearly delegated by the People.

90% of real constitutional experts would laugh at their idiocy and would agree with me and Obama
I assure you Matty...you couldn't find 0.9% of any population that would agree with you. You are genuinely 13-shades of fuck'n crazy. You hit the bottle at night and you start going crazy on this board. Instead of screaming like a lunatic on USMB, why don't you seek out help for your issue?
Something in general must be more comprehensive than anything in common.

Sure there was a debate on scale of the government as Madison disagreed but to say that all our founders believed in your uncivilized crap shows how uneducated you're.
Not all founders agreed with it - the asshole Alexander Hamilton was the United States first progressive. He lied 24x7 and desired a massive federal government with unlimited power.

But here is the thing snowflake - the overwhelming majority of the founders agreed with our views. That's why the U.S. Constitution was written the way it was written and that's why it was ratified by the states.

It's just a simple fact that you can't deal with (because you're a fragile little snowflake).
No complaints here. The several States have no authority over immigration since 1808.

is Why our federal Congress is delegated the "social power over us" to Tax and create that civic Burden, for us.
I rest my case ladies and gentlemen. The federal government has no "power" over us. The government is nothing but representatives of the people and answers to the people. We maintain all power over the government.

No, it isn't. That one line I gave you, is the whole and entire reason for the social Power to Tax the People.

You're under the misconception that what you want to be true is true simply because you want it to be true. It doesn't work that way.
Congress had not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but were restrained to those specifically enumerated; and that, as it was never meant they should provide for that welfare but by the exercise of the enumerated powers, so it could not have been meant they should raise money for purposes which the enumeration did not place under their action” - Thomas Jefferson (June 6, 1817)
Game. Set. Match. Thomas Jefferson forgot more about the U.S. Constitution than every left-wing lunatic in U.S. history. He was a founder. He built this nation. And he had spoken.
“[We] disavow, and declare to be most false and unfounded, the doctrine that the [Constitution], in authorizing its federal branch to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts, and excises to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States, has given them thereby a power to do whatever they may think, or pretend, would promote the general welfare–which construction would make that of itself a complete government, without limitation of powers.… The plain sense and obvious meaning were that they might levy the taxes necessary to provide for the general welfare by the various acts of power therein specified and delegated to them, and by no others.

– Thomas Jefferson (December 24, 1825)
Thanks for playing Daniel. Time to go home now though. This debate is over.

All y'all have is fallacy.
That's comical coming from the snowflake who just absurdly declared that the people who respect and uphold the U.S. Constitution are the one's "bitching" about it. :cuckoo:
The Power to Tax is clearly delegated by the People.
Nobody is arguing that, dimwit. The problem is that you believe taxing may be done for any purpose with any reason and that it grants the federal government unlimited power. It's why you look so stupid every time you post.

is Why our federal Congress is delegated the "social power over us" to Tax and create that civic Burden, for us.
I rest my case ladies and gentlemen. The federal government has no "power" over us. The government is nothing but representatives of the people and answers to the people. We maintain all power over the government.
Red Herring comprehension issues?

our federal Congress is delegated the "social power over us" to Tax. it is Article 1, Section 8.

Forum List

Back