The truth about Reaganomics

the truth about Reaganomics is that it worked.....in the short term. When Reagan instituted it, the private sector played along....they did this in exchange for the busting of most private sector unions. Which, if all things would have been equal, it was a fair exchange.

However, some 30 years later...The private sector has gradually taken more and more, given back less and less, keep finding ways to circumvent paying decent wages, forcing their employees to pay for all or most of their benefits, lobbied and got "free trade agreements" to hold even more of the workforce hostage, and STILL are bawling their eyes out on a continual basis for more and more breaks.

It has gotten to the point where their ability to influence policy has handcuffed small businesses and their ability to compete. They have virtually the entirety of the Republican party in their grasp, and a good chunk of the Democratic Party too.

They are funding a massive PR/marketing/psyops campaign that paints everything that tries to fight their stranglehold as "the enemy".

Reaganomics was a good thing in it's day...but as a long term solution, it doesn't work. It doesn't take into account the neverending greedy and power hungry nature of our most compulsively ambitious people. They praise Reagonomics, which is part of that Marketing campaign that I spoke of, but they really have no plans on doing any "trickling". They'll be more than happy to have a country full of serfs fighting for their table scraps.

The more they get, the more they want...they are never satisfied, and now that they have virtually the whole world's population as potential slave labor employees, they have more power, more control and more money to buy our politicians than ever before. The little guy is fucked in this country....and the bastardization of the noble idea that Reagan put forth is largely to blame.

The problem with Reaganomics is that it relies on the honor of people who have none to do the right thing. It's kind of like having a fruit stand with an "honor system" cash box in a crime ridden neighborhood.

Little guy is fu---ed because of greed
Not because of RR
I do agree as I have been in a position to see it first hand in my business
bottom line is you cannot legislate morality

Forum List

Back