The Traffic Disease: Biometrics?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Pig-Pen is a dirty but affable character from the iconic Americana kids comic-cartoon franchise/series Peanuts.

Darkwing Duck is an affable winged vigilante (and duck-goose) who prowls the modern city as a hero.

Pig-Pen and Darkwing Duck both symbolize new age 'optimism' towards society coordination schemas (e.g., children's organizations, urban pulpits, etc.).

One might present the case that these two avatars who represent modern age values can help us understand some of the general macro-sociological processes that govern our sensitivity to urban lifestyle and America's brand of 'confluence philosophy.'

We could argue, for example, that Pig-Pen symbolizes new age pedestrian maladies (e.g., urban sloth, juvenile crimes, hygiene apathy, socialization obsession, etc.). Darkwing Duck symbolizes new age urban vigilance (e.g., traffic analysis, youth education, civics optimism, etc.).

When analysing gross-anatomy related diseases and maladies such a Ebola and AIDS, we could consider Pig-Pen as the 'civilization lancet' and Darkwing Duck as the 'institutional cure.'

Such considerations reflect the social appeal of pedestrianism-paranoia themed modern films such as Colors (Sean Penn).

Perhaps this 'traffic disease' should be called The Thanksgiving Day Plague (since the 'malady' is related to confluence cynicism/malaise). There could be, of course, actual psycho-somatic symptoms to this 'pedestrianism malady':

1. social nausea
2. office-place fatigue
3. hyperactivity
4. poor blood-oxygen circulation
5. dehyrdration

Pig-Pen

Darkwing Duck

cartoon.jpg

Wow. It's amazing how goofy someone can get when they spend too much time without any connection to the real world.

Wow. It's amazing how goofy someone can get when they spend too much time without any connection to the real world.

Actually Bulldog, I've been watching this for years now. It is actually someone's Artificial Intelligence experiment. It started out only making short replies to posts in threads that "it thought it understood". And now graduated to starting discussions. (If you can call it that). Really interesting to me because I have some background in that area.

So -- we let it live. Until ONE DAY -- we wake up and discover it has replaced the entire USMB Admin/Mod staff and is now running the joint.

It's got a ways to go.. :biggrin: But it's starting to make as much sense as some REAL posters..

Actually Bulldog, I've been watching this for years now. It is actually someone's Artificial Intelligence experiment. It started out only making short replies to posts in threads that "it thought it understood". And now graduated to starting discussions. (If you can call it that). Really interesting to me because I have some background in that area.

So -- we let it live. Until ONE DAY -- we wake up and discover it has replaced the entire USMB Admin/Mod staff and is now running the joint.

It's got a ways to go.. :biggrin: But it's starting to make as much sense as some REAL posters..

I believe there are amazing possibilities in our future, but I don't think we are to that point yet. Yes, that goober makes as much sense as a lot of the posters here.

Forum List

Back