The torture of Iraq men!

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by janeeng, Oct 30, 2003.

1. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Link

Somebody posted this on Yahoo, I didn't get to see the news to see this tape!!!!!

2. Aquarian

Aquarian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    aaaagghghhh I looked at fox news!! my eyes...

but seriously, I guess they need to show this kind of stuff for some people. I mean, I know there are horrible things going on in the world at this very moment, I don't need to see pictures of it... but then again I do make myself look at some of these photo's on occaision to drive the reality back home so...

btw, great new avatar Janeeng

3. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Excellent Excellent link janeen. Thanks! I'm actually speechless on this.

I'd like to see someone try and defend this... links can be argued "reputable" and not.... video evidence is something completely different.

I hope they declassify these tapes. I hope they make them available to the general public. I hope they play this tape on the JumboTron in NYC (thats a little extreme I guess :rolleyes: )

It all leads me back to a country song I once heard (I cant remember the title or the singer... I'm sure someone will) made post 9/11. The song says something along the lines of the US wanting to prohibit videos of the planes actually hitting the towers to help Americans cope. The song goes on to state (and this is how I feel) that those tapes should be played on a daily basis. People need to remember. Remember their emotions, how they first felt... dont lose that anger and need for revenge.
    Thats what happened to some of these anti-war demonstrators... they have become desensitized.

Make those tapes public. Then people will realize just what we have done for the people of that country.

thanks again for the link janeen :clap:

(sorry for venting... those tapes are pretty graphic)

4. Aquarian

Aquarian Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Not relating to this case in particular, but video (audio, handwriting, dna) all carry a burden of proof. All forms of evidence have been used in a doctored form at some point in time so they don't in and of themselves do away with the need for verification. That's probably just a remnant from the time I spent in Missouri, the Show Me state.

5. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    NP, lilcountriegal, I have to agree with you 100% plus on this - this is why I posted this - At Yahoo, the guy that posted this link, his headlines were something in reference to, the tape that the LIBS will hide!!! I think too some tapes can be doctored, but c'mon, your really going to say this was? or the Hussein wasn't capable of this? you would be crazy to say so, unless of course, your a LIB who just can't face the FACTS! This is what the Iraq War was about, getting rid of the scum that perform such acts on human life. But, it will never be in the eyes of the Democrats! they will INSIST this is a FAKE tape, and still argue the OIL line.

BTW - Aquarian, thanks, I found that Avatar and kinda grew on me! :)

6. Amras

Amras Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here

I don't believe it's a fake. People that carry out such acts are sadistic enough to keep it on tape. Even if it were a fake, it would give you a good impression how ppl were tortured under Saddam.

7. Amras

Amras Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh really?

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Let me add to the prior post.

Whether it be torturing and oppressing your own citizens, or acquiring/developing WMD for use in terror acts, they are all acts on human life that are unacceptable.

9. Amras

Amras Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Fair enough, I certainly didn't shed a tear for that dictator. I know that the US is really trying to improve the situation in the middle East.
    A lot of governments have criticized Americas "warmongering" and they were thankful for Russias support in this case. Who was talking then about the atrocities in Chechnya and the recent setbacks of the russian democracy as a whole. There are plenty of authoritarian and totalitarian regimes that spit on on the rights of their populations and make splendid business with western countries.

Governments tend to overlook human rights violations as long as there is no strategic goal to accomplish.

I don't doubt that this is a good reason for the american people to justify the war. But even democratic governments are not so altruistic. Do you know how many governments condemned the Halabja mass murder in 1988? 0, well Saddam was still our buddy as long as he kept those fanatics in Teheran busy.

That's how I look at the world and I'm getting way off topic again. Sorry

10. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    >>Whether it be torturing and oppressing your own citizens, or acquiring/developing WMD for use in terror acts, they are all acts on human life that are unacceptable.<<

From Amnesty International, Spring 2001
    >> research on 195 countries and territories from 1997 to mid-2000, Amnesty International found that torture and ill-treatment by state officials still occurred in more than 150 countries. In more than 70, they were widespread or persistent. In more than 80 countries, people reportedly died as a result. Torture of those in custody through rape and sexual abuse occurred in more than 50 countries. <<

I hope we packed a lunch...