The Supreme court what are they thinking?

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
First obamacare now they ruled it's OK to lie about war medals.

The Stolen Valor Act, a federal law used to prosecute war medal forgery, was ruled unconstitutional this morning by The U.S. Supreme Court.The court ruled on a Pomona Water Board member who was ousted after touting a false war record and commendations. In a 6-3 ruling, the court ruled that the law violated the First Amendment and freedom of speech.

STOLEN VALOR ACT: War medal forgery law ruled unconstitutional : Crime Blotter

I am starting to lose faith in this government

This was an easy one for me. People have a right to tell lies about themselves. Only exception i can see would be in a courtroom while testifying under oath.

Remember, four of the Supreme Court are America-hating and Constitution-hating Jews. That's a guaranteed four liberal votes on every issue, Constitution be damned. That leaves just five to debate the constitutional merits of anything before the court. All it takes is for one of those five to side the the God Damned Jews. (There are no Protestants on the Supreme Court)

Then you two are protected by federal law and SCOTUS.

An Ariux adds Jews to his hate list, along with liberals, African Americans, and, by inference, Roman Catholics.

Well, better them plus the good Protestants than the lack of quality Americans like you.

The Stolen Valor Act, a federal law used to prosecute war medal forgery, was ruled unconstitutional this morning by The U.S. Supreme Court.The court ruled on a Pomona Water Board member who was ousted after touting a false war record and commendations. In a 6-3 ruling, the court ruled that the law violated the First Amendment and freedom of speech.

Have you ever considered the possibility that a ruling the other way might just set a precedent that could end up pushing talk radio hosts who lie about the issues off the air?

Have you ever considered the possibility that a ruling the other way might just set a precedent that could end up pushing talk radio hosts who lie about the issues off the air?

How would lying about military service set a precedent for anything but what it is? Stertch the truth much?>

How would lying about military service set a precedent for anything but what it is? Stertch the truth much?>

If lying can by outlawed when a person is doing little more than telling tall tales to individual people, imagine the impact on people who tell falsehoods on the public airwaves! Much of what I hear on talk radio I know to either be false or from a highly questionable source. So far, nobody gets in any legal trouble for it unless they slander a private citizen (as opposed to a public figure). Now, the people (and I won't name any names) who say these questionable things should be held to a higher standard than a citizen on a street corner, right? But they get away saying just about anything, regardless of whether it's true or not.

Now, personally, I think most of these radio hosts KNOW that they're saying (broadcasting, actually) factually inaccurate (otherwise known as false) information. And if they don't know, they should know. But they're essentially protected by the 1st Amendment, and they KNOW it.

If a law is passed which makes it a crime to lie about a war record and even being in the military at all, it could set a precedent to stop people from making false statements on the radio and require them to verify any statements they make before stating them as fact.

If lying can by outlawed when a person is doing little more than telling tall tales to individual people, imagine the impact on people who tell falsehoods on the public airwaves! Much of what I hear on talk radio I know to either be false or from a highly questionable source. So far, nobody gets in any legal trouble for it unless they slander a private citizen (as opposed to a public figure). Now, the people (and I won't name any names) who say these questionable things should be held to a higher standard than a citizen on a street corner, right? But they get away saying just about anything, regardless of whether it's true or not.

Now, personally, I think most of these radio hosts KNOW that they're saying (broadcasting, actually) factually inaccurate (otherwise known as false) information. And if they don't know, they should know. But they're essentially protected by the 1st Amendment, and they KNOW it.

If a law is passed which makes it a crime to lie about a war record and even being in the military at all, it could set a precedent to stop people from making false statements on the radio and require them to verify any statements they make before stating them as fact.
WOW that stretch must have really hurt.

One things for sure, because of his vote on Monday and now with todays vote, Roberts certainly isn't the man we assumed he was.

No never thought that at all, Would have to be Delusional to come to that Conclusion.

Roberts confirmed taxation is purview of elected representatives.

Not SCOTUS to job to unfuck who, thus what you voted for.

Last edited:

No never thought that at all, Would have to be Delusional to come to that Conclusion.

Legislating veracity could ultimately have consequences for the public sphere, and there's a reason why radio and tv are called the public airwaves. The gov't issues broadcast licenses in order for radio and tv stations to operate in this country. If radio stations could no longer allow their 'talent' to play fast and loose with the truth, they could suddenly find themselves on the receiving end of some substantial fines if they didn't straighten up and fly right.

Nope. Never occured to me. The market pretty much kills progressive talk show hosts without that.

You extremists are the RINO or wannabee RINOs.

You can't be an extremist and a RINO at the same time, Fakey. The two things are mutually exclusive - like your brain and rational thought.

Sure you can, you little fake puppet on a string. I pull the string and you stutter and sputter. Only the far right and extremists are RINOs. The center mainstream of the Party is the real thing, nothing like your freak show that the mainstream GOP refuted in the primaries.

Forum List

Back