The stupidest question in American Politics...

Ya know, I was listening to "This Week...", and one of the "qualities" that the commentator was suggesting Trump can "work on" is "Do I wanna have a beer with the guy?" I don't really remember when this question first became a thing, but this has got to be one of the stupidest questions I have ever heard asked in American politics. Who cares if I like the candidate enough to have a beer with him. Look, I have a lot of friends I'm willing to go to the bar, and have a beer with, and guess what? Most of them I wouldn't trust to balance my fucking checkbook, let alone run the fucking country!

I don't want a guy I'm "willing to have a beer with". I want a President who demonstrates an understanding of global politics, who has a basic understanding of economics, and understands the principles of a democratic government. None of these things have a gods damned thing to do with whether I'd have a beer with him.

It seems to me that "Would I have a beer with the guy?" transforms the election from a referendum on the Presidency of the United States into a high school popularity contest. What? The? Fuck? Have we really become this vapid, shallow, and stupid as a society?

That's how the gop got millions of stupid people to vote for the bush boy.

That's where this "want to have a beer" idea started. In 2000 with the bush boy.

The funny thing is both men don't drink alcohol. The bush boy is a recovering alcoholic so the last thing anyone would want to do is sit down to drink a beer with him but that is exactly one of the things the gop used in 2000 to get stupid people to vote for the bush boy.

trump will tell anyone who listens that he doesn't drink.

So why use such a stupid thing to get people to vote for someone?

I don't know. Maybe they think it will work.

Damn you regressive are stupid, it's not about what beverage is consumed, it's whether you'd like to spend time with a candidate in a relaxed casual setting. Would it make you poor souls feel better if the question was if you would like to share a meal with them?

Damn you're stupid. I get that's the point of the ridiculous question. I don't care how it's framed, it's vapid, shallow, and stupid. I don't need a president that I feel comfortable spending a relaxing evening with; because I'm well aware that here, in the real world, that's unlikely to ever happen.

I what I do need from my president is the confidence that he, or she has the intelligence, understanding and temperament to comprehend all of the complex intricacies that come with the office, and do the job competently. It is equally important to me that the candidate have these qualities; not that they are going to "surround themselves" with people with these qualities, who will be able to "advise them", as one candidate has suggested they would do. We had a president that did that. He got us into a war of choice, permitted numerous constitutional violations under his administration, and presides over the worst economic disaster since the depression. I'd prefer a president who is intelligent enough, and informed enough to think for themselves, thank you; and could care less whether I felt comfortable spending an evening with them.

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Well guess what hero, there is no one that is prepared to be POTUS, they job is consistently changing. If I wouldn't want to associate with someone I damn well won't vote for them. The hildabitch comes to mind in that respect, she's a pig and has no place in government.
Nice to know that the presidential election is a popularity contest for you. Congratulations. You are part of the problem.

where are you getting all this from??? have you obtained copies of my secret KKK dossier?

because I've never displayed these sentiments you are labeling me with, lady.
Chick, they come from your own words on the signage thread that was supposed to be a bit of humour, and you took as an opportunity to rant about your hatred of black, and their "special communities"..
I said, other minorities have it worse than nonwhites because they lack solidarity. That's ALL i said.

away with your lies, crazy leso\
You know you make yourself look ridiculous when you keep trying to suggest I'm a woman, when I have told you I'm a guy, right? And what a crock of shit. Which nonwhite minorities were refused service in restaurants? Which nonwhite minorities were ever used as slaves in the US? Now, are we stupidly bigoted, and prejudiced against women, and homosexuals? Yup? Does that make racial bigotry, somehow, less vile, and reprehensible? no. All your ignorant comments do is leave the impression that we should divide ourselves even more, and homosexuals, and women should be jealous that they aren't geting "enough attention" because of those damn racial minorities.

Not only is that not true, it is also not helpful. Furthermore trying to use the label "leso" as a slur, only highlights the reality that you are hypocritically using "other minorities" as a cover to spew your hatred of racial minorities, and don't give a shit about those other minorities, either.

Go peddle your horseshit somewhere else.

you have read my mind once again! how do you keep knowing what I think when i've never said it??

it's extraordinary.:haha:
You didn't call me a leso? Really??? *Looks at previous post with incredulity*

Now if you weren't referring to homosexuals, or women, exactly to what "other" minorities were you referring? Angry, Old, Racist White Guys? If so, I'm sorry if that is a "minority" for which I feel little sympathy.
so... are you quite sure you aren't a 20 year old girl, dude?

Chick, they come from your own words on the signage thread that was supposed to be a bit of humour, and you took as an opportunity to rant about your hatred of black, and their "special communities"..
I said, other minorities have it worse than nonwhites because they lack solidarity. That's ALL i said.

You know you make yourself look ridiculous when you keep trying to suggest I'm a woman, when I have told you I'm a guy, right? And what a crock of shit. Which nonwhite minorities were refused service in restaurants? Which nonwhite minorities were ever used as slaves in the US? Now, are we stupidly bigoted, and prejudiced against women, and homosexuals? Yup? Does that make racial bigotry, somehow, less vile, and reprehensible? no. All your ignorant comments do is leave the impression that we should divide ourselves even more, and homosexuals, and women should be jealous that they aren't geting "enough attention" because of those damn racial minorities.

Not only is that not true, it is also not helpful. Furthermore trying to use the label "leso" as a slur, only highlights the reality that you are hypocritically using "other minorities" as a cover to spew your hatred of racial minorities, and don't give a shit about those other minorities, either.

you have read my mind once again! how do you keep knowing what I think when i've never said it??

Now if you weren't referring to homosexuals, or women, exactly to what "other" minorities were you referring? Angry, Old, Racist White Guys? If so, I'm sorry if that is a "minority" for which I feel little sympathy.
I take by your non-response that The "Angry, Old Racist White Guy" minority was precisely the "other minority" you were talking about?

I take by your non-response that The "Angry, Old Racist White Guy" minority was precisely the "other minority" you were talking about?
I was talking about, disabled, poor, homeless, drug addict, bald, transgendered, sick, sex wortkers....etc

You know all those people on their own, without the benefit of being part of a population % the size of apartheid south african whites.

The stupidest question in American Politics...

"Hey, why don't we run a candidate who got us into 2 unauthorized wars, got 4 Americans needlessly killed, is a scandal-plagued, lying, self-serving, elitist under felony criminal investigation for our party for President?"

:p

I was talking about, disabled, poor, homeless, drug addict, bald, transgendered, sick, sex wortkers....etc

You know all those people on their own, without the benefit of being part of a population % the size of apartheid south african whites.
I don't know about in your country, but here in America bald people aren't discriminated against, and the poor, disabled, and transgendered have just as active advocacy as racial minorities. The only two groups you mentioned that don't are drug users - and we're working on that - and sex workers.

If all those different groups - including bald people - are discriminated against in Australia, maybe you oughta get the fuck out a that, and come here to America, where we're more tolerant.

I don't know about in your country, but here in America bald people aren't discriminated against, and the poor, disabled, and transgendered have just as active advocacy as racial minorities. The only two groups you mentioned that don't are drug users - and we're working on that - and sex workers.

If all those different groups - including bald people - are discriminated against in Australia, maybe you oughta get the fuck out a that, and come here to America, where we're more tolerant.

advocacy is nothing. solidarity is everything.

I don't even know what the fuck that means.

read it again, in his voice.

3371438-ra-s-ras-al-ghul-26803356-1600-1000.jpg

read it again, in his voice.

3371438-ra-s-ras-al-ghul-26803356-1600-1000.jpg
Sooooo....you take your ideological cues from a fictional sociopath? That explains a lot...

Ah, a few more subgroups for Democrats to exploit. Transgendered Americans, Doper Americans and Whore Americans. And they all need to be represented by special interests to maximize their power.

What a sickness.

Ya know, I was listening to "This Week...", and one of the "qualities" that the commentator was suggesting Trump can "work on" is "Do I wanna have a beer with the guy?" I don't really remember when this question first became a thing, but this has got to be one of the stupidest questions I have ever heard asked in American politics. Who cares if I like the candidate enough to have a beer with him. Look, I have a lot of friends I'm willing to go to the bar, and have a beer with, and guess what? Most of them I wouldn't trust to balance my fucking checkbook, let alone run the fucking country!

I don't want a guy I'm "willing to have a beer with". I want a President who demonstrates an understanding of global politics, who has a basic understanding of economics, and understands the principles of a democratic government. None of these things have a gods damned thing to do with whether I'd have a beer with him.

It seems to me that "Would I have a beer with the guy?" transforms the election from a referendum on the Presidency of the United States into a high school popularity contest. What? The? Fuck? Have we really become this vapid, shallow, and stupid as a society?

That's where this "want to have a beer" idea started. In 2000 with the bush boy.

The funny thing is both men don't drink alcohol. The bush boy is a recovering alcoholic so the last thing anyone would want to do is sit down to drink a beer with him but that is exactly one of the things the gop used in 2000 to get stupid people to vote for the bush boy.

Damn you regressive are stupid, it's not about what beverage is consumed, it's whether you'd like to spend time with a candidate in a relaxed casual setting. Would it make you poor souls feel better if the question was if you would like to share a meal with them?

Damn you're stupid. I get that's the point of the ridiculous question. I don't care how it's framed, it's vapid, shallow, and stupid. I don't need a president that I feel comfortable spending a relaxing evening with; because I'm well aware that here, in the real world, that's unlikely to ever happen.

I what I do need from my president is the confidence that he, or she has the intelligence, understanding and temperament to comprehend all of the complex intricacies that come with the office, and do the job competently. It is equally important to me that the candidate have these qualities; not that they are going to "surround themselves" with people with these qualities, who will be able to "advise them", as one candidate has suggested they would do. We had a president that did that. He got us into a war of choice, permitted numerous constitutional violations under his administration, and presides over the worst economic disaster since the depression. I'd prefer a president who is intelligent enough, and informed enough to think for themselves, thank you; and could care less whether I felt comfortable spending an evening with them.

Well guess what hero, there is no one that is prepared to be POTUS, they job is consistently changing. If I wouldn't want to associate with someone I damn well won't vote for them. The hildabitch comes to mind in that respect, she's a pig and has no place in government.
Nice to know that the presidential election is a popularity contest for you. Congratulations. You are part of the problem.

Feel free to fuck off little boy, I don't have dinner with people I don't like or trust and I don't vote for them either. Maybe when you grow up you'll understand.

Feel free to fuck off little boy, I don't have dinner with people I don't like or trust and I don't vote for them either. Maybe when you grow up you'll understand.
Look you little shit. 50 years on this planet have taught me that when you make presidential elections popularity contests you get irrational, ignorant idiots like George W. as president, who let's other people lead them around by the nose, and make really bad decisions.

The one who needs to grow up is the jackass who wants to act like this is voting for the fucking prom king, or queen.

Look you little shit. 50 years on this planet have taught me that when you make presidential elections popularity contests you get irrational, ignorant idiots like George W. as president, who let's other people lead them around by the nose, and make really bad decisions.

The one who needs to grow up is the jackass who wants to act like this is voting for the fucking prom kind, or queen.

Oh right, as apposed to the cult of personality, chicago gutter trash, community organizer dear leader. With zero leadership experience and zero qualifications to hold the office. Anyone who voted for that piece of shit will never have room to speak ill of anyone running for office. ROFLMFAO.

The one who needs to grow up is the jackass who wants to act like this is voting for the fucking prom king, or queen.
You haven't learned much in your 50 years on the planet. The presidential election IS a popularity contest and always has been. The first one could have been king if he wanted.

It's how obama got elected too, genius. Hope and change isn't a policy.

are you the forum bimbo?
So asks the guy from Australia who celebrates his racism, and bigotry. Pal, any opinions you have on any subject are worthless, and irrelevant. Why don't you just toddle off, and make sure your KKK sheet is clean?
you progressive ladies assume and label.

You wouldn't even know what bigotry is.
LMBAO!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

are you the forum bimbo?
So asks the guy from Australia who celebrates his racism, and bigotry. Pal, any opinions you have on any subject are worthless, and irrelevant. Why don't you just toddle off, and make sure your KKK sheet is clean?
you progressive ladies assume and label.

You wouldn't even know what bigotry is.
LMBAO!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Don't you dare laugh! Did you know that bald men are the real disenfranchised minority?!?! Apparently they get shite on wherever they go. Just ask Goose...

We are a small minority, remnants of an age when people could think rationally. People today want a leader who has cool tattoos and drinks their favorite beer.

The one who needs to grow up is the jackass who wants to act like this is voting for the fucking prom kind, or queen.

Oh right, as apposed to the cult of personality, chicago gutter trash, community organizer dear leader. With zero leadership experience and zero qualifications to hold the office. Anyone who voted for that piece of shit will never have room to speak ill of anyone running for office. ROFLMFAO.
You're absolutely right. Worst. President. Ever.

13754700_1111654745557526_8043711306907234859_n.jpg

You're absolutely right. Worst. President. Ever.

13754700_1111654745557526_8043711306907234859_n.jpg

You forgot the footnotes.

* poured 10 Trillion in tax payer money to pump up the DOW to pay off his banker buddies.
** debt to GDP 120%
*** consumer debt nearing 2008 levels

I guess without cherry picking you'd have nothing. So long chicago gutter trash!

Forum List

Back