The Stupid Party in Action

I agree---the Dems will use anyone to thier advantage but are rarely able to produce what they promise to the minorities. When that doesnt happen, they blame the GOP. When the GOP does seek to reach specifically to minorities, it is immediately labeled as cheap pandering. Ugly business, politics and the media knows right where to put the camera.

Originally posted by William Joyce
For those who don't read syndicated columnist Sam Francis, The Stupid Party is the GOP. It's stupid because it thinks Race Does Not Exist, TM. But as this article shows, it clearly does. And the other races vote Democrat, not Republican.

http://amren.com/news/news04/07/02/demseat.html

Just checked his site, not the above. Syndicated where? because he emails people? No bio other than he's syndicated. Links are not moderate. Joyce, it's gotta be a crummy world for you.

Originally posted by William Joyce
"Moderate" is a code word for sucker. Or, harmless conservative.

Actually moderate has been the code word for liberal lately. since none of them want to admit that they are liberal. Its like admitting you have the plague or something.

Originally posted by insein
Actually moderate has been the code word for liberal lately. since none of them want to admit that they are liberal. Its like admitting you have the plague or something.

Actually I think moderate has a lot going for it. I think DK and I are both moderates, I'm just better at being a moderate. :p: I tilt right, he tilts left. But we share many common denominators.

Neither of us are for handouts without end. I believe that as a society we should protect our 'most vunerable' which would be children and the elderly and the mentally or severely physically handicapped. A 'strict' or extreme right winger would say it's the families problem.

I would say that if a family can handle they should. My dad could afford 24 hour nursing for my mom and he did. I let them live, with the 24 hour nurse and hospital bed in my living room, with me. None of that is covered by medicare. IF my dad couldn't have afforded that, to the tune of nearly 8k per month for 18 months, she would have had to go to nursing home, which was covered by medicare. But what if my dad didn't have me? He was 83 years old, watching his wife of over 60 years suffering and helpless. He could not have taken care of the house and her, with no support. So family IS necessary and some have no children and others not children that can or will sacrifice.

Children that are born to those that can't care for themselves, definately need some help. If the parent can be helped, cool, everyone will be better off. Usually that's not the case, the parent is the problem. To shuttle kids from one foster care home to another is asking for much bigger problems down the line. Teachers should be doing more to identify those that need services, but truth to tell, unless the kid is making waves no one does. We don't care about needy children as a society.

Perhaps the most neglected group has been the mentally handicapped. In the interests of 'due process' and 'rights' the left has led the charge to put the mentally ill in charge of their own well being. Thus the 'homeless'. Often schizophrenics that hear voices telling them their meds are poison, for some reason they won't take them. If a family member is seriously depressed or has a psychotic break, you can only get them in hospital for 72 hours in IL without their signature or having them declared incompetant which cannot be done in 72 hours, unless they commit a crime. Sick, sick, sick.

I'm for lowering taxes. I'm for tax breaks being made permanent. I'm for holding teachers, schools, AND parents responsible. I'm for many causes on the right. I also have some areas that I think are important for the US as a society. I think there are some, not as many as there should be on the left that are moderate too. Not for tax and spend, but think that with MORE money the schools will be better, for example. I disagree, I think they should be more accountable, not more money needed.

Sorry so long, but it's an issue for me.

Originally posted by insein

Exactly. John Kerry spends thirty something years proving that he's a far left wing liberal, then suddenly he wants to list himself as a moderate or centrist. Hard to take Kerry seriously as a centrist or when he's talking about things like integrity when Ted Kennedy's giant head is hovering over his right shoulder.

Forum List

Back