The Ruin of England.

• Banned
2036.jpg

The groupthink in our public discourse is so pervasive it goes as unnoticed as the air. For example, let's say a bunch of young girls are blown up at a pop concert. You have to say something about it. But what?

Sir Richard Leese, Leader of Manchester City Council, on what he called the "incident" (seriously) at Manchester Arena:

We will not allow terrorists who seek to sow fear and division to achieve their aims.

Likewise, Amber Rudd, the British Home Secretary, had no doubt about the intent of the attack:

Its intention was to sow fear - its intention is to divide.

Even on the Continent, Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission and would-be scourge of Brexit, was admirably on message:

Once again, terrorism has sought to instil fear where there should be joy, to sow division where young people and families should be coming together.

The London press weighed in:

Those who perpetrated this attack hope to sow division.

And the Canadian press:

To state the obvious: Terrorist attacks are meant to terrorize and sow division.

And the American press:

Isis and the other purveyors of terror are gradually succeeding in sowing division...

You'd be surprised how easy it is to sow division. But take it from the Scottish press:

It's very easy to sow division...

Yes, yes, but what do the experts say?

Paris (AFP) - By targeting children at a pop concert in Manchester, the Islamic State group aimed to cause maximum outrage and sow divisions by turning people against Muslims, experts say.

When death stalks the land, make no mistake: He may look like a grim reaper, but he's really a grim sower. An entire sowing bee of experts has so decreed. Indeed, in their warnings about sowing division, our betters are so non-divided that they give off the faintly creepy whiff of fellows all reading off the same cue card helpfully biked round to them by the Central Commissar ten minutes after the "incident" occurred.

Domestic terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia

Yes good article but we have to admit we have always had terrorism of some sort. Also they say bombing of children , well if they are old enough to go to a pop concert they are not children. I did read an 8 year old died who was there with her Mom, now she is a child. Teens are not children and we have to quit treating them like they are.

• Banned

Yes good article but we have to admit we have always had terrorism of some sort. Also they say bombing of children , well if they are old enough to go to a pop concert they are not children. I did read an 8 year old died who was there with her Mom, now she is a child. Teens are not children and we have to quit treating them like they are.

They were deliberately targeted, for being young.

His do you treat them when their legs are blown off?

Sewing division is what Mr Steyn is all about.He quotes 10 year old surveys that show the overwhelming majority of British Muslims reject extremists and believes that this proves his rather obscure point.
And it was Joy Division not Sow Division.

Oh good, we can give them the death sentence then. Make sure to notify the bar!

• Banned
Sewing division is what Mr Steyn is all about.He quotes 10 year old surveys that show the overwhelming majority of British Muslims reject extremists and believes that this proves his rather obscure point.

Might have known you'd show up. In fact I was fully expecting it. With that genetically programmed response.

From your post, you display a wilful ignorance of what Steyn is saying.

Actually you fit the profile of group thinking very well.

Might have known you'd show up. In fact I was fully expecting it. With that genetically programmed response.

What is he saying then ?

What is he saying then ?

Do I need to feed and change you too?

What is he saying then ?
Read it.

What is he saying then ?
Read it.
Ive read it twice and its the same dreary repetitive stuff he used to spout in the Telegraph 30 years ago.

He is pointing out that people have reacted to the tragedy by using similar phrases........................and ?

Is there a deeper message here ?

How about taking steps to PREVENT YOUR PEOPLE FROM BEING MURDERED YOU FUCKING MORONS?

I had to look him up, I see he likes Hannity and Rush, same old stuff.

I suppose the IRA groups were freedom fighters, not terrorists groups.

So they're fair targets for nail bombers...gotcha. So all high schools are legitimate targets! Gotcha.

Penny; have you really thought this through?

Greg

What is he saying then ?

You need someone to decipher for you?? lmao

Greg

What is he saying then ?
Read it.
Ive read it twice and its the same dreary repetitive stuff he used to spout in the Telegraph 30 years ago.

He is pointing out that people have reacted to the tragedy by using similar phrases........................and ?

Is there a deeper message here ?

Be worried; those who throw gays off buildings cannot be challenged.

Greg

But *freedom isn’t free, and neither is a North Atlantic caliphate. And so the British government is obliged to not only import and quarter enemy infantry, but to install a massive surveillance infrastructure to keep the Thames merely pink rather than red. And so it was after Manchester, like all its gory predecessors, I read British government promises to bolster its anti-terror force even more while simultaneously unloading plane loads of Levantine reinforcements. The High Cost of Education

Forum List

Back