The right and fake news

BlackFlag

Gold Member
Apr 22, 2014
America
Right now in conservative media circles, a video is trending showing CNN supposedly setting up a fake news report (though there's no context for anything that's actually happening in the video). The argument is, I think, that CNN had Muslim women brought in to condemn terrorism, to... make it look like there are Muslims that oppose terrorism? :eek: I'm not sure. The alt-right mind is hard to comprehend. Here's the video that "exposes" CNN:

But in the report that aired, THE WOMEN AREN'T EVEN IN THE VIDEO!

Watch it here because you can't embed Twitter video: Becky Anderson on Twitter

The right is so steeped in fake news, that they're even making fake news out of their own fake news! Unbelievable!

Sounds like you're in twilight time, somewhere between accepting reality and the delusions of liberal hate. I believe CNN was polled and they spent around 96% of their time parasitizing off Trump with whiny negative news for the liberal agenda and the profits from ratings.

• Banned
Sounds like you're in twilight time, somewhere between accepting reality and the delusions of liberal hate. I believe CNN was polled and they spent around 96% of their time parasitizing off Trump with negative news for the liberal agenda and the profits from ratings.
Off topic. If you care to comment about the OP, I invite you to try again.

The libel and slander laws will come into play here. You can't take a movie, insert what fake crap you like, and then present it as what the studio released. It is lying and actionable in court.

Sounds like you're in twilight time, somewhere between accepting reality and the delusions of liberal hate. I believe CNN was polled and they spent around 96% of their time parasitizing off Trump with negative news for the liberal agenda and the profits from ratings.
Off topic. If you care to comment about the OP, I invite you to try again.

Nope, I'm done for now... :)

The argument is, I think, that CNN had Muslim women brought in to condemn terrorism, to... make it look like there are Muslims that oppose terrorism?
What an absurd thing to even posit that a news organization, or anyone or any entity that relies entirely or in part on being credible, might do. No one in their right mind would need to, to say nothing of actually doing so, stage such a setting for there are Muslims, plenty of them, who oppose terrorism.

• Banned
The libel and slander laws will come into play here. You can't take a movie, insert what fake crap you like, and then present it as what the studio released. It is lying and actionable in court.
True but I doubt they'll bother. Too small an incident, but great for pointing out how the right spins fake news.

Right now in conservative media circles, a video is trending showing CNN supposedly setting up a fake news report (though there's no context for anything that's actually happening in the video). The argument is, I think, that CNN had Muslim women brought in to condemn terrorism, to... make it look like there are Muslims that oppose terrorism? :eek: I'm not sure. The alt-right mind is hard to comprehend. Here's the video that "exposes" CNN:

The right is so steeped in fake news, that they're even making fake news out of their own fake news! Unbelievable!
What makes that video fake?

• Banned

What makes that video fake?

The right said CNN reported fake news by airing a report with Muslim women in it. The women were never in the report. And we don't actually have any context for what they were doing there.

The right said CNN reported fake news by airing a report with Muslim women in it. The women were never in the report. And we don't actually have any context for what they were doing there.
CNN did not say why the women were standing in the street holding up signs?

If they were claiming it was something that wasn't, then that's fake news. But simply not explaining what is going on, is not deliberately deceiving the viewers. It's just not doing a very good job.

If CNN said the women were condemning the jihadists when in reality they were paying homage to them, then that would be fake news.

If they were claiming it was something that wasn't, then that's fake news. But simply not explaining what is going on, is not deliberately deceiving the viewers. It's just not doing a very good job.

If CNN said the women were condemning the jihadists when in reality they were paying homage to them, then that would be fake news.
The women were not reported on in any way by CNN. But that didn't stop the alt-right ballooning this story all the way up to a top headline on Drudgereport, a site that's turned into a parody of itself.

Forum List

Back