The Rich Are Getting Richer!

So Americans are more productive, but their increased productivity doesn't warrant the wages Americans desire. If Americans want higher wages, they need to find ways to increase their human capital.

WHAT A LINE OF FUCKING BULL SHIT!!!!

Companies increase prices of product to offset costs, but fail to pass the realized employee returns back to their employees.

Yup. Just as you would like it. We pay for their clean air, water, police, defense, roads, and all else. They avoid paying taxes. Good deal.

Oh, they pay every cent of tax they owe, it's just that most of it is to another government.

If you are paying the government for clean air and water, you're getting hosed, because we have neither. Police and most roads, are paid for with state and local taxes, not federal money. The national defense, we share universally, and it's a constitutionally authorized responsibility of government, but you are constantly screaming to cut this, so you can "help" more people in need, which also isn't happening.

You seem to think of yourself as important.

No, I think I am just average, Tania is important... she fucking rocks!

WoW... a flurry of liberal pinhead noise and more denigration! Keep plugging those blogs, me boy!
Well, what is consistent is that most of what you said was untrue. And irrelivent. And exactly the same as the right wing bat shit crazy con web sites. What a coincidence.

Again, you are confused. They are studies. You need to look up the word blog. Pretty much everyone knows what a blog is. And what a study is. Which makes you stupid. Which lends evidence further to the very studies you are calling blogs.

Average??? Hardly, me poor ignorant tool. Knowing how to cut and paste dogma does not bring you up to the average level. Keep on hopin, me boy.

Last edited:
So Americans are more productive, but their increased productivity doesn't warrant the wages Americans desire. If Americans want higher wages, they need to find ways to increase their human capital.

Companies increase prices of product to offset costs, but fail to pass the realized employee returns back to their employees.

Well Boo fucking Hoo! I guess you should aspire to own a company then, eh?

They are studies.

Studies my ASS! They are political hit pieces, plain and simple. Designed and authored by liberal shit-for-brains such as yourself, who can't formulate a coherent argument against the mounds of factual data provided by people like Tania and myself, and who must resort to ridicule, denigration, insult, and ad hom, because they are intellectually bankrupt. You lap the shit up, because you are a moron. You honestly think that most of the country believes this kind of crap is objective and well-founded. It demonstrates the level of brainwash you've been exposed to, and where you are in terms of rationality.

Me boy, you have officially become an internet troll! Hardy har... shiver me timbers!

One additional point, to those who believe that real wages have not kept up with productivity. That might be half-true. Generally productivity is measured in total hours worked, as well as GDP per hours worked In terms of both, the US is either the most productivity in the world. There may be a few inconsistencies:

1. The United States works far more hours most countries, but has just as much output as countries such as France, Germany, Ireland, and Norway.
  2. The United States is the largest economy in the world, and yet, it barely overshadows smaller economies in terms of productivity. In an economy, there are very different types of labor in a production process, each one different from the other. There for, it doesn't make much sense to divide something by an aggregate of heterogeneous units

Hence, productivity should be taken with a grain of salt, as with most economic data computed with a broad scope (GDP, CPI, etc). The United States may be more efficient and more productive, but what exactly do Americans spend more of their productive time doing, and why are they so efficient at it, despite the fact that wages are stagnant?

Well, most people do believe wages has lagged behind productivity, so:

q9xn.png

Seeing that Americans are more efficient at taking my orders at AppleBees, we can see that the wages don't often warrant the productivity. Majority of the jobs which did warrant the productivity are being replaced with low-skilled, low-wage service sector jobs.

Although the decline in manufacturing is on a global scale (and excepted as countries industrialise more), the US is among the few who barely can keep it's manufacturing output as a percentage of GDP above the global average.

dqh.png

Is a decline in manufacturing actually a good thing? Don't know, don't care. That is all a matter of personal opinion, although it's not like Americans really couldn't use these jobs right about now. These countries with a stable manufacturing base (along with a stable manufacturing output) have a couple of things in common, but I'll just focus on one: An increase in real wages.

Germany (Too lazy to make own graphs):

fredgraph.png

Japan:

fredgraph.png

Australia:

fredgraph.png

And this pesky little bugger is the United States. Real Wages hasn't increased past pre-recession levels, but have still grown. So the idea that real wages have remained stagnant again is generally false.

fredgraph.png

Tania, if you check this thread and hear a "WHooosH" sound... it's the sound of your post flying comfortably over these idiot's heads. You are knocking it out of the park! WTG!

Sound at all like a con tool??? Don't mind boss. He is a congenital idiot. Lives among the bat shit crazy con web sites. Simply posts con dogma. It is all he is capable of doing. Except, of course, he does lie a lot.

They are studies.

Studies my ASS! They are political hit pieces, plain and simple. Designed and authored by liberal shit-for-brains such as yourself, who can't formulate a coherent argument against the mounds of factual data provided by people like Tania and myself, and who must resort to ridicule, denigration, insult, and ad hom, because they are intellectually bankrupt. You lap the shit up, because you are a moron. You honestly think that most of the country believes this kind of crap is objective and well-founded. It demonstrates the level of brainwash you've been exposed to, and where you are in terms of rationality.

Me boy, you have officially become an internet troll! Hardy har... shiver me timbers!
Now now, boss. They are studies. Just because you do not know a study from a blog is not the fault of the universities that did these studies. Lots of us wondered what was wrong with cons. Like you, boss. So the studies have proven a useful purpose.

I understand. Makes you upset that you can not find studies saying libs are stupid. Not your fault. You are a con. So you are stupid.

I did in the past, and I do today.

They are studies.

Now now, boss. They are studies. Just because you do not know a study from a blog is not the fault of the universities that did these studies. Lots of us wondered what was wrong with cons. Like you, boss. So the studies have proven a useful purpose.

I understand. Makes you upset that you can not find studies saying libs are stupid. Not your fault. You are a con. So you are stupid.
Uh, boss. The graphs are hardly profound. They are to you, because you are stupid.

The reason that no one is commenting is because you, and the graphs, are irrelevant. If someone wants to see analysis of data from the census, then you can find it, from actual real, well known and respected sources. Or, for that matter, from the bat shit crazy con web sites. Anyone can do graphs. Just determine what you want to prove, and use the proper time frame. So, me poor ignorant con, folks just go to the web, look at well respected sources with actual teams of economists. And analyze away. Unlike you, me boy. Because, you see, as the studies show, cons are stupid. And you are a con.

Last edited:
Rushey, how about having a big tall glass of shut the fuck up? All you have done, this entire thread, is insult and denigrate, and occasionally post some left-wing bullshit pablum for liberal idiots. You keep repeating yourself over and over again. I think you must be doing crystal meth, because that is a classic symptom.

The most recent post of a flurry of links to partisan "studies" showing how "stupid" conservatives are, tells us everything we need to know about you. You've exposed yourself as a liberal hack troll, and that's something you can never overcome here. All credibility has been lost, and you are rendered a fool before our very eyes, by you own posts. I almost regret spending my time responding to you thus far, because in the end, I didn't need to destroy you, all I needed to ever do, was sit back and watch you self-implode, which you've done beautifully.

So, boss being a stupid con, which disturbs him, makes the following statement:
Rushey, how about having a big tall glass of shut the fuck up? All you have done, this entire thread, is insult and denigrate, and occasionally post some left-wing bullshit pablum for liberal idiots. You keep repeating yourself over and over again. I think you must be doing crystal meth, because that is a classic symptom.
Wow. Now that was profound. Problem is, of course, it was your opinion. And you must know how much I value your opinion.

The most recent post of a flurry of links to partisan "studies" showing how "stupid" conservatives are, tells us everything we need to know about you. You've exposed yourself as a liberal hack troll, and that's something you can never overcome here. All credibility has been lost, and you are rendered a fool before our very eyes, by you own posts. I almost regret spending my time responding to you thus far, because in the end, I didn't need to destroy you, all I needed to ever do, was sit back and watch you self-implode, which you've done beautifully.

Well, I just do not know what to say me poor con tool. You just made accusations about studies that you know nothing about. Studies done by universities, using solid methodology. But you do not like them. So you denigrate them. Typical, should you read the study results, of a con. You continue to prove their findings. Again, not your fault. You are, after all, a con.
So, here is a riddle for you. Why do you keep responding to what I say?? Perhaps I can find a study that will explain your rather odd propensity to continue posting drivel which I find necessary to expose.

Look, boss. Everyone knows that you are a con tool. Everyone knows that you are not interested in truth. Everyone knows that you do not mind lying. And everyone knows that you have no integrity. So, keep at it. Because, you see, you are the definition of irrelevant.

The rich are getting richer, you say?

Yeah, that's true.

As society becomes increasing dependent on technology, that is to be expected.

After all CAPITAL owns the productive technology that replaces human labor.

Ergo, the value of human labor declines while the value (and wealth) of capital advances.

This is inevitable.

Nothing short of a change in social contract will stop this trend.

Here's a study by National Employment Law Project, covering occupational wages from 2009-2012:

Click Here

Reading through this, we learn the following:

1)Real median wages have decreased by 5 percent or higher. This entails occupations
such as home health aides, maids, restaurant cooks, food workers, etc.

2)Real median hourly wages have fell by 2.8% on average.

3)Mid-wage and lower-wage jobs had steeper decreases in real median wages by roughly 3% than did some of the higher-wage jobs.

During this same time period (2009-2012), productivity increased by 4.5%, which makes these numbers really sink in.

wages-quintiles.jpg

&

lowest-wage-occupations.jpg

The New Normal.

Last edited:
More education is the solution.

Not really. We've been offering free education to the poor for years, it's not changing the number of poor people. That's not to say, in certain cases it doesn't help, but it is far from the solution.

Nothing short of a change in social contract will stop this trend.

Perhaps, but what kind of change? There are various theories on social contract, but history is not a theory and neither is reality. Our nation was founded on Locke's theory of social contract, that natural rights are inalienable, and therefore supersede government authority. Rousseau believed that democracy (self-rule) was the best way of ensuring the general welfare while maintaining individual freedom under the rule of law. Hobbes saw absolute government as the only alternative to the terrifying anarchy of a state of nature.

I believe, over the past 60~70 years, we've moved away from Locke and Rousseau's theories and more toward Hobbes' theory. Therefore, a "change" would be to return to our roots, so to speak. Reversing the trend of more and more "government solution" to our problems, and returning to personal liberty and freedom.

The problem with the poor is, they lack the motivation and ambition to become less poor. Becoming less poor requires effort and sacrifice, determination and perseverance. How do you instill those qualities in any individual? Some would argue that you have to lessen the sacrifice, and require less determination and perseverance. This is clearly what we've tried to do the past 60~70 years, with more and more government programs and "entitlements" to supposedly "help" the poor. The problem is, this idea is simply not working.

What often happens is, the poor become complacent and content, willing to accept the fact that they are poor and "victims" of society. They demand more and more "entitlements" to mitigate their circumstances. So now, we have enabled a "dependent class" who simply believe they are owed something because they are "victims" of society, and a political class, who believe it is their obligation to continually provide more and more. Not only is this pattern untenable, it simply isn't helping to alleviate the problem at all. In fact, the political class of "helpers" have discovered, it's actually quite beneficial to them, politically, to perpetuate this problem, so as to remain in constant power.

So when you say a change in social contract is needed, you are pretty much spot on. What is needed is an elimination of the notion that we are "helping" people by enabling their poverty conditions to continue. We have to find a way to motivate these people, to encourage them to be more ambitious and willing to make sacrifices to escape their conditions. This may sound cruel or harsh, but an empty belly is a very strong motivator. If you are poor and there is no one there to hand you money and food, what will you do? Starve to death? Of course not, you will naturally try to survive, because you have the motivation to live. You are much more willing to make sacrifices when you have nothing to lose. As long as there is someone there to feed you, to house you, to clothe you, to provide for your every need, why would you ever gain any motivation to sacrifice at all?

Prices are increasing not to offset the cost of wages, but the cost of doing business overall. Not only are do they include the wages paid to employees (direct cost) but it also involves many indirect cost. Wages have generally outpaced unit labour cost as a measure of overall productivity.

fredgraph.png

Generally, high paying jobs have lower labour unit cost because they employ workers who are very skilled who can also ensure that output is high and good wages can be afforded. This is a classic example of Henry Ford's 'Five Dollar a Day' strategy at his first factory in Dearborn, Michigan. Despite the fact that this higher wage was accompanied by an hour decrease, the higher wages was ensured to be accompanied by lower unit labour cost. Wages are becoming a larger component of overall labour cost, but still not the largest compared to all other indirect cost.

As far as profits are concerned, there are no realised profits. Majority of corporations are experiencing all time record profits, but it's on paper. Alot of corporations today operate their business on razor thin margins. But it's quite clear, if you want to pass on the profits to your employees, you have to lower labour cost.

Contrary to what you may believe, a business does not owe you a living.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back