The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
Friday June 4th

UCLA: John Wooden suffering from dehydration
10:35 a.m. | Beth Harris | AP

UCLA officials say Hall of Famer John Wooden has been in the hospital since May 26 due to dehydration but would not confirm media reports that he is in grave condition.

Updated 10:35 a.m.

The university said in an e-mail Friday morning that the 99-year-old former UCLA basketball coach spent a peaceful night at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and is resting comfortably.

Former UCLA star Bill Walton said Thursday that he visited with Wooden at the hospital two days earlier but declined to comment on Wooden's condition.

Los Angeles television station KCAL and the Los Angeles Times first reported that Wooden was in grave condition.

© 2010 The Associated Press.

Yeah, the Indy News Stations reported him dead last night (Via the Washinton Post) but then retracted their statement.

He will go to his maker soon, let's just hope his journey there is painfree and peaceful.

John Wooden died.

He was a great man. My favorite coach of all time.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail."

I loved what he told his team as they prepared to leave the locker room for a game.

"I've done my job. Now it's time for you to do yours."

20 years after Bill Walton left UCLA, he was at a speech that Wooden was giving. Wooden yelled out to Walton, "What do we assume?" Walton jumped up and got in rebounding positon and said, "Assume every shot will be missed!"

Twenty years later Walton still remembered. That's great coaching.

RIP. They don't make them like you anymore Coach Wooden.

247.jpg

Some people are great coaches.

Some coaches are great people.

Mr. Wooden was both.

Preparation + Optimism = Success

Wooden was one of the greatest coaches of all time in any sport....

And one of the greatest people

RIP Coach

Forum List

Back