The REAL Last Samurai

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Despite what some cosplay geeks want to believe, there are no Samurai today. The social class was abolished in 1868.

Despite that hoooooorible Tom Cruise movie, the real "last Samurai" was Saigo Takamori.

Not often mentioned in the history books is that he suffered from an infection that resulted in gigantically enlarged testicles for the rest of his life.

So...there's that...

Despite what some cosplay geeks want to believe, there are no Samurai today. The social class was abolished in 1868.

Despite that hoooooorible Tom Cruise movie, the real "last Samurai" was Saigo Takamori.

Not often mentioned in the history books is that he suffered from an infection that resulted in gigantically enlarged testicles for the rest of his life.

So...there's that...

The Samurai Spirit should be in all of us. 12 Ronins (I think thats the name) was a great story of revenge. Legendary. I tried to watch a movie on it, but I found it wasn't very good.

So...there's that...

The Samurai Spirit should be in all of us. 12 Ronins (I think thats the name) was a great story of revenge. Legendary. I tried to watch a movie on it, but I found it wasn't very good.

There is an NHK mini series about Chushingura that you should look into.

So...there's that...

Akira Kurosawa's samurai movies are awesome.

I'm a big admirer of Tomoe Gozen. It's a shame her story isn't more well known here in the West.

It's a shame that priceless Samurai swords hundreds of years old were relegated to the scrap heap and melted down by ignorant round eyes after WW2.

It's a shame that priceless Samurai swords hundreds of years old were relegated to the scrap heap and melted down by ignorant round eyes after WW2.
I wonder if the Filipinos, Koreans and chinese feel the same.

Not to mention all the unarmed British, Americans, and other Allies that lost their lives to those swords.
Is the argument that the swords need to be punished after the country surrendered?

Forum List

Back