The Real Islam Exposed

Said1 said:
Thanks, I think this one came out ok. She sounds a lot like Joss Stone, to give you an idea. Wow, holy off topic!

OK, to get back on topic...

No one would be able to appreciate the beauty of that avatar in Islam, since she'd be in a burka!!!

gop_jeff said:
Wahabbi Islam, the violent sect of Islam founded in Saudi Arabia in the 18th century, is the source of much of the violence in Islam. The influence of Wahabbism is spreading because its roots are in the country that houses the two most sacred cities in Islam: Mecca and Medina. Couple Wahabbism with the pan-Arab Nationalism that is so rampant in the Middle East, and you've got a breeding ground for terrorism.
Good point, the Wahhabi party dismayingly scored highest in Saudi Arabia's recent elections. They have been grafted with the prevelant royal house of Saud since before the American Revolution, through the thick and thin of more than 250 years. It would take a while for their influence to diminish, even if there was not the other problem of royal absolutism.

How do we counter this? First, eliminate the repression in the Middle East by encouraging (or establishing, in the case of Iraq) democracy. Second, allow freedom of religion, so that radical imams don't have control over what religious speech is tolerated or not. Again, such freedoms can only be guarnteed under a democratic/republican form of government.
Right: Democracy is the first answer, and the ultimate answer, together with freedom of religion.

I would not, however, object to a figurehead monarch, of the type existing in various forms in Europe, and in Japan.

Stitchman said:
They practice the Islamic faith, but you dont see them bombing government buildings!

The "innocents" might not bomb government buildings themselves, but they readily contribute to Muslim fundraising groups worldwide to make it possible for the Muslim terrorists to have the means/resources to blow up the buildings and kill innocent people in their war against the "decadent" West. Even though they might not be the warriors themselves, they know what they are contributing their money for.

Said1 said:
No, she's a fabulous Canadian singer, Amanda Marshall. She's adorable, but the photo is too small, so I took it off.

Could have fooled me. I thought it was Jennifer Lopez. Marshall looks more like JLo than Linda (JLo's sister) does.

Kathianne said:
I'm confused, should the Catholic Church in Poland have fostered acquiescence to the Nazis and Communists? Then it would have been non-violent?
Confusion is a better path to wisdom than certainty. Although both Islam and Christianity have nice things to say about non-violence, actual practice of non-violence in both is limited to a few fringe sects. I'm not preaching non-violence here - and I'm pretty sure you aren't either. Both Christianity and Islam permit struggle against evil. One man's jihad is another man's crusade. Most Arabs seem to believe that they are being attacked by atheistic, Western imperialism. Even the non-radical majority see their religion at the core of legitimate resistance (that's a similarity with the Poles). The head of our army intelligence for the cetral command area, Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin has voiced similar opinions from the Christian side:

He told Baptists in Florida about a victory over a Muslim warlord in Somalia, who had boasted that Allah would protect him from American capture. "I knew my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real god and his was an idol," Gen Boykin said.

On tour he uses a photograph of the Somalian capital Mogadishu bearing a strange dark mark, which he says shows "the principalities of darkness. . . a demonic presence in that city that God revealed to me as the enemy".

His explanation for our problems with Islam, "Our enemy is a spiritual enemy because we are a nation of believers. . . His name is Satan."

My point is not the validity or usefullness of Jerry's observations, just that any religious person is going to see political and military events in religious terms. I wouldn't blame the Holy Koran for al Qaeda any more than I would blame the Bible for Boykin's crusade.

mrsx said:
Confusion is a better path to wisdom than certainty. Although both Islam and Christianity have nice things to say about non-violence, actual practice of non-violence in both is limited to a few fringe sects. I'm not preaching non-violence here - and I'm pretty sure you aren't either. Both Christianity and Islam permit struggle against evil. One man's jihad is another man's crusade. Most Arabs seem to believe that they are being attacked by atheistic, Western imperialism. Even the non-radical majority see their religion at the core of legitimate resistance (that's a similarity with the Poles). The head of our army intelligence for the cetral command area, Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin has voiced similar opinions from the Christian side:

He told Baptists in Florida about a victory over a Muslim warlord in Somalia, who had boasted that Allah would protect him from American capture. "I knew my God was bigger than his. I knew that my God was a real god and his was an idol," Gen Boykin said.

On tour he uses a photograph of the Somalian capital Mogadishu bearing a strange dark mark, which he says shows "the principalities of darkness. . . a demonic presence in that city that God revealed to me as the enemy".

His explanation for our problems with Islam, "Our enemy is a spiritual enemy because we are a nation of believers. . . His name is Satan."

My point is not the validity or usefullness of Jerry's observations, just that any religious person is going to see political and military events in religious terms. I wouldn't blame the Holy Koran for al Qaeda any more than I would blame the Bible for Boykin's crusade.

There's a HUGE difference. It is understandable for Islam and Christianity to denounce each other from a theological standpoint. Both sides do that on a regular basis, though not always as publicly as General Boykin. However, I have yet to hear of any Christians call for a holy war to destroy all of Islam, the way that Islam calls for a Jihad to destroy all non-Muslims. Even the Crusades, which the Left and radical Islam both prop up as evidence of violence in Christianity, was limited in scope; the Pope wanted only to secure the Holy Lands of Israel, and were content to leave the rest of the Middle East in Muslim hands.

The bottom line is that Christianity does not teach the doctrines of killing non-believers, as Islam does. In fact, Christianity teaches the opposite, to pray for one's enemies and bless those who curse you.

Stitchman said:
you guys can go on having your own opinions, but please do not discriminate against muslims because of this. Also, Islam is not founded on fear and violence. Islam is really a normal religion, but people like you think that Islam is the real reason that american soldiers are dying in Iraq. That is not true. An example is all of the Islamic people in america. They practice the Islamic faith, but you dont see them bombing government buildings! you are an ignorant :asshole:

Now that was one dumb diatribe...you don't see them blowing up government buildings...well that is probably because they don't want their benfit checks to go up in smoke...they send them to their commrades in the Middle East...who then finance attacks...ie:does 9/11ring a bell?

Well the topic was that adams apple believes that there is no war on terrorism, only a war on Islam. Other posters went on to say that all Islamics were terrorists. Then the thread digressed into a discussion of your avatar (my compliments by the way). In an effort to relate the digression to the original topic Gop_Jeff said

No one would be able to appreciate the beauty of that avatar in Islam, since she'd be in a burka!!!

In a humorous way (I assume)

I trying to be similarly humorous (an apparently failed attempt) said

and because of that they are all terrorists?

Forum List

Back