"The rail workers had good reason to threaten a strike because rail companies are more profitable than ever” - Bernie Sanders...wait, it was Hawley!

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
If you think the senator who wrote that was Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren or some other Democrat, think again. It was January 6 fist-pumper Josh Hawley, the Republican from Missouri.

The Democratic Party has sold out and ignored workers over and over in recent years — so much so that despite Republicans’ steadfast commitment to the rich, they’ve also made significant inroads in winning over working-class voters.

as long as Democrats insist on almost never using their power to materially improve workers’ lives, Republicans will still have chances to misportray themselves as fight-for-the-little-guy populists. If Democrats are not delivering, those lies are likely to continue reaping the American right more working-class support, bringing the GOP’s fake populists ever closer to the real power they so desperately crave.

I thought railroad Joe would back the employees but he must have lied... imagine that... Biden lying....
If any of you voted for this man hang your head in shame and bend over and take what's coming....

I thought railroad Joe would back the employees but he must have lied... imagine that... Biden lying....
If any of you voted for this man hang your head in shame and bend over and take what's coming....
Joe has other priorities at this time, as he should.

You people have no damn clue. There was an amendment to the bill that stopped the strike that would have forced the railroad companies to provide seven sick days. It easily passed the House but it couldn't meet the 60 vote threshold to stop a filibuster in the Senate.

I will give to Hawley, he was one of the few Republicans that voted for the sick days. Every single Democrat but one voted for the sick days. I don't have to tell you who that one jackass was.

But it is absolutely disingenuous for Republicans to claim they are standing up for the workers when they killed the sick days. Had the strike went into effect hundreds of thousands of non-railroad workers would have been affected, public water supplies would have been threatened, assembly lines would have been forced to shutdown, and talk about inflation. Hello howdy, produce would have all but disappeared.

Railroad Joe did back the employees and tried to legislate the sick leave after the settlement was imposed. Republican opposition in the Senate stopped that.

Forum List

Back