The Problem With Giving Condoms to 11-Year-Olds

Discussion in 'Health and Lifestyle' started by chanel, Apr 14, 2011.

1. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    Read more: The Problem With Giving Condoms to 11-Year-Olds - FoxNews.com

The video is supposed to be pretty graphic. I haven't seen it, nor do I want to. But there is a far bigger danger here than 11 year olds getting AIDs.

IMHO the City of Phila. is encouraging children to surf the internet without parental permission and essentially lie to their parents. WTF?

2. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,130
    Many, many kids have computers with internet access in their rooms and the parents are clueless about what the kids are doing. No parental controls, no locks on the computer, no supervision. A simple solution is to yank that damn thing and put it in a public place . . .family room, kitchen, etc. and keep an eye on what your kid is doing. Also, there are plenty of 'safety software' type programs out there.

Last year my youngest was 13 and her 12 year old friend slept over. They wanted to watch the movie 'Easy A', rated PG-13. My oldest (20) happened to be home and looked at me with bug eyes. Why? It's basically a movie about promoting young girls to have sex in order to become popular. And? The 12 year old OWNED the movie. Here's a link to a review based on drugs/language/sexual content, etc. Easy A [2010] [PG-13] - 7.2.4

I've come to the conclusion that a large majority of parents are morons and have no clue what their kids are up to.