The Price of Children

Mostly kids are great . . . except for right now. My youngest is up for sale; first offer and she's yours. :mad:

Did she color on the wall or dump the trash? I know the later sounds like a puppy, but sometimes...

There are those that should have children and those that shouldn't. My ex shouldn't. He now has 7. He can 'afford' them, but he doesn't care for them. I really think that if he hadn't basically forced me into divorcing him, he'd have messed up my 3 more than he did by the time they were 6-9. He's creating another mess, whether or not wife #2 is as smart?

In general I do think most of us learn parenting through what we experienced. I was blessed with wonderful parents. Mistakes? Sure, but we all do. However they taught my brother and I that what we are is more important than what we have. What we do is more important than what could have been. My ex wasn't lucky in the parent department, not by a long shot. Many of my friends weren't either, though most of them managed to overcome and be great parents.

I don't know if I'd had a different upbringing that I might have chosen differently. It's why I tend to be a 'live and let live' type of person. On the other hand, many that say they are 'liberal' tend to be very rigid in what they find acceptable.
Hey you, I'm what most people would call a liberal and I thought your post was excellent. :tongue:

I hope I explained myself better in pm?

Mostly kids are great . . . except for right now. My youngest is up for sale; first offer and she's yours. :mad:

Did she color on the wall or dump the trash? I know the later sounds like a puppy, but sometimes...

She was watching 'Top Model' on the tv in the basement and accidentally sat on the remote, thus changing the channel. We have it set up that many channels are blocked unless you put in the code. This was one of those channels. She wanted me to go back down and punch in the code so she could watch her show. I had been running all around and had literally just sat down and said no. I told her that no one was watching tv in the family room just watch your show here. A fuse in her head must have short circuited because she blew up at that horrid suggestion, slammed the upper basement door, slammed the lower basement door, then after I booted her out of the basement and off the tv she slammed her size 9 feet all the way up the stairs and attempted to slam her bedroom door. Hard to do when there is no knob on the door (got tired of that being slammed).

Dibs anyone? She's sitting next to me now sulking.

She was watching 'Top Model' on the tv in the basement and accidentally sat on the remote, thus changing the channel. We have it set up that many channels are blocked unless you put in the code. This was one of those channels. She wanted me to go back down and punch in the code so she could watch her show. I had been running all around and had literally just sat down and said no. I told her that no one was watching tv in the family room just watch your show here. A fuse in her head must have short circuited because she blew up at that horrid suggestion, slammed the upper basement door, slammed the lower basement door, then after I booted her out of the basement and off the tv she slammed her size 9 feet all the way up the stairs and attempted to slam her bedroom door. Hard to do when there is no knob on the door (got tired of that being slammed).

LOL! How old is she? Sounds like one of my students.

She'll be 13 on Groundhogs Day. Oy.

She's the one who was having problems in school. That's been straightened out. Amazing what getting grounded off of, well everything, does. :D

I was a kid once. I thought it was a drag then, but now; not so much.

I love watching children play and watch the wonder in their eyes, until the grown ups steal it away :(

While it costs a lot to have children and raise them, it costs more to NOT have children. Society would be so freaking boring.

Has anyone here watched "Children of Men"?

I recommend it

She's the one who was having problems in school. That's been straightened out. Amazing what getting grounded off of, well everything, does. :D

Oh yeah, do remember that conversation. It's a wonderful age. ;)

Supposedly the two worst times in a woman's life is when she turns 13 and then when her daughter turns 13. :lol:

Best of luck to you!

Children are great, until you come home to find that little Billy's room smells of pot, and little Billy is busy fucking the boy next door in your basement...

576.x231.gay.open.jpg

"Hi Mom!"

Just sayin.

:lol:

Last edited:

You guys remember this?

updated 4:05 p.m. MT, Fri., Aug 22, 2008
OMAHA, Neb. - Nebraska’s new “safe-haven” law allowing parents to abandon unwanted children at hospitals with no questions asked is unique in a significant way: It goes beyond babies and potentially permits the abandonment of anyone under 19.

While lawmakers may not have intended it, the month-old law raises the possibility that frustrated parents could drop off misbehaving teens or even severely disabled older children with impunity.

“Whether the kid is disabled or unruly or just being a hormonal teenager, the state is saying: ’Hey, we have a really easy option for you,”’ said Adam Pertman, executive director of a New York adoption institute and a frequent critic of safe-haven laws.

At the time, I seriously considered driving my then 14 year old to Scotsville and dropping him off.

Instead, I've put him to work mowing the lawn, taking out trash, and building a pyramid in which I plan to be buried.

I actually like my 14 year old daughter, as a matter of fact I love her! She's a good egg and a cool kid, and really doesn't give me much trouble or headaches. I'm waiting for the ball to drop,like for her to come home and tell me she joined the Hari Krishnas or the Young Republicans lol, she is a teen after all. But she's been a great joy to me, this past week showed me what she's made of. I'm one lucky mom to have her as my kid.

That is a wonderful little video!

I know all these "yuppie" couples without kids... I look at them and think 'how miserable'. Your flat-screen TVs, Saabs and other toys will never replace the joy of kids.

I look at them and think, "Thank you for not adding to the population explosion."

What's most beautiful is that liberals, because they take the attitude that having kids is un-PC, don't reproduce. Thank God.

You guys remember this?

updated 4:05 p.m. MT, Fri., Aug 22, 2008
OMAHA, Neb. - Nebraska’s new “safe-haven” law allowing parents to abandon unwanted children at hospitals with no questions asked is unique in a significant way: It goes beyond babies and potentially permits the abandonment of anyone under 19.

While lawmakers may not have intended it, the month-old law raises the possibility that frustrated parents could drop off misbehaving teens or even severely disabled older children with impunity.

“Whether the kid is disabled or unruly or just being a hormonal teenager, the state is saying: ’Hey, we have a really easy option for you,”’ said Adam Pertman, executive director of a New York adoption institute and a frequent critic of safe-haven laws.

At the time, I seriously considered driving my then 14 year old to Scotsville and dropping him off.

Instead, I've put him to work mowing the lawn, taking out trash, and building a pyramid in which I plan to be buried.

Oh HELL no, we'll be having none of that. If she's gonna go I want some reimbursement! Just got done paying off a $6,095 orthodontist bill on her. $6,095 Zoom? What an odd amount? Why is that? Because she threw out her retainer and it cost $95 for a new one. :banghead: We made her return two DS games she had just bought with birthday money to pay for half of it. Lesson learned? Who knows!

I actually like my 14 year old daughter, as a matter of fact I love her! She's a good egg and a cool kid, and really doesn't give me much trouble or headaches. I'm waiting for the ball to drop,like for her to come home and tell me she joined the Hari Krishnas or the Young Republicans lol, she is a teen after all. But she's been a great joy to me, this past week showed me what she's made of. I'm one lucky mom to have her as my kid.

EZ, this is my oldest to a T. Never was a problem and isn't a problem. The other shoe never fell. Some are like that and yes, you are lucky!

"the Young Republicans" :lol: I keep saying my youngest is going to be a Democrat. She'll do it just to spite me too; think I'll start throwing Libertarian around. She can spite me with that instead. :lol:

EZ, this is my oldest to a T. Never was a problem and isn't a problem. The other shoe never fell. Some are like that and yes, you are lucky!

"the Young Republicans" :lol: I keep saying my youngest is going to be a Democrat. She'll do it just to spite me too; think I'll start throwing Libertarian around. She can spite me with that instead. :lol:

My dad was a voting delegate to the Republican Party here in Indiana! So I bet she will lol!

Forum List

Back