The Poll Question We Haven't Been Hearing About

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Bush's poll numbers are still non-stellar, though appear to have stopped falling. From the same poll though, seems one area is NOT getting media play:

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/002807.htm

GITMO: THE PUBLIC APPROVES
By Michelle Malkin · June 21, 2005 03:42 PM

Via Gerry Daly and Ankle Biting Pundits, here are the latest poll numbers on how Americans view the Bush administration's operation of Guantanamo Bay:

- As you may know, since 2001, the United States has held people from other countries who are suspected of being terrorists at a detention facility in Guantanamo Bay in Cuba. Based on what you have heard or read, do you think the US should continue to operate this facility or do you think the US should close this facility and transfer the prisoners to other facilities?

Continue to operate: 58
Close facility: 36
No opinion: 6

- In general, do you approve or disapprove of the way the US is treating the prisoners being held at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba?

Approve: 52
Disapprove: 37
No opinion: 11

- Do you approve/disapprove strongly, or not strongly?

Approve, strongly: 33
Approve, not strongly: 19
Disapprove, not strongly: 14
Disapprove, strongly: 23
No opinion: 11​

Keep doing what you're doing, Gitmo-bashers. It's working wonders.

Reader feedback...

Robert C. writes: "The missing question is the one in which they determine if disapproval comes from feeling the treatment is too kind."​

Yes.

Update: The White House has rejected the idea of a commission to investigate alleged detainee abuse.

The White House on Tuesday rejected the proposed creation of an independent commission to investigate abuses of detainees held at the U.S. military prison camp at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and elsewhere.

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said the Pentagon has launched 10 major investigations into allegations of abuse, and that system was working well. "People are being held to account," he said. "And we think that's the way to go about this."​

Bush gave the ok to go ahead and forward a social security bill
without private accounts.

That should help his numbers.

nosarcasm said:
Bush gave the ok to go ahead and forward a social security bill
without private accounts.

That should help his numbers.
If more people really understood how the private accounts worked, there would be an uproar to go for it. I would have loved for them to take 2% of my contribution and 2% of my employer's contribution and invested it for me. It would have dropped my S.S. retirement payment a few dollars, but would probably have made 10 times that amount per month in investments.

Forum List

Back