The Political Argument against Government Entitlements- T Sowell

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
In this video, Thomas Sowell, in 1980 argues against the egalitarian philosophy that government entitlements create equality, he also disparages the stereotype that somehow black people were ever for such.

To the readers I present Thomas Sowell in all his genius:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26QxO49Ycx0]Thomas Sowell Dismantles Egalitarianism (Frances Fox Piven Edition) - YouTube[/ame]

What are "entitlements?"

Define them for us, would ya?

I'm not bothering to watch the video.

Welfare, Food Stamps, Housing and Urban Development, forced provisions of contraceptive care, Social Security.. that stuff.

Ed, if you won't watch the video, then you betray the open minded and tolerant mantra your party preaches. You are indeed a closed minded individual. Go ahead, resist reality. I shall sit by happily as it swallows you alive.

Social Security is a prepaid insurance scheme, Temple.

It is not an entitlement.

Oh sure, tell that to the people who earned welfare most of their working life, and can claim SS from the money that was deducted from it. We can go on and on, but there was a lady I knew down the road who died not long ago that did just that. Nice woman too, but did not work, sat there and earned Welfare then SSI and then died not knowing an ounce of hard work.

Oh sure, tell that to the people who earned welfare most of their working life, and can claim SS from the money that was deducted from it.

Welfare payments are not subject to SS taxes, lad.

Social Security payments ARE subject to State and Federal Income taxes, though.

Educate yourself, lad.

You have been fed a line of bullshit.

So are you afraid to watch the vid? Coward? Or are you too above the us mortal men to do so?

I would like to hear from Sowell or anyone of any society in history wherein the government gave no help to the poor,

and as a result, the problem of poverty in that society was fixed, or even in any way meaningfully alleviated.

Oh sure, tell that to the people who earned welfare most of their working life, and can claim SS from the money that was deducted from it.

Educate yourself, lad.

Then she was exploiting the system, I mean, you can't do that can you? Sorry. She flat told everyone she knew. Can't call something bullshit when I saw it with my own two eyes. The government was none the wiser.

So are you afraid to watch the vid? Coward? Or are you too above the us mortal men to do so?

I would like to hear from Sowell or anyone of any society in history wherein the government gave no help to the poor,

and as a result, the problem of poverty in that society was fixed, or even in any way meaningfully alleviated.

The truth about poverty--Thomas Sowell - NYPOST.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwauhPzdnlc]Thomas Sowell: The Poverty Empire - YouTube[/ame]

The top three government programs that help the poor are education, healthcare, and food.

If we take all three of those away from the Poor, or low-income Americans, poof! they're gone,

you tell us...

how, when, where, and why America will become a better place?

The truth about poverty--Thomas Sowell - NYPOST.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwauhPzdnlc]Thomas Sowell: The Poverty Empire - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not watching a video that I know will not answer the above.

Your answer, then, I take it, is there is no such place.

Educate yourself, lad.

Then she was exploiting the system, I mean, you can't do that can you? Sorry. She flat told everyone she knew. Can't call something bullshit when I saw it with my own two eyes. The government was none the wiser.

You are fuking nuts car mak.. Collect SSI because you were on welfare.

That statement from you wins an award as the most stupid comment I have seen a person on any persuasion write on this message board. Un fuking believable what some people like you will believe.

Gotta love the Scrooges that rail against the poor when the real problem is here;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMhvYeQPOcE]Wealth Distribution in the USA - SHOCKING! - YouTube[/ame]

Real facts and figures, not flap yap from some soft handed yapper that never worked a day in his life.

Educate yourself, lad.

What you are describing is FRAUD, lad, not the laws of the land.

So let's recap what you have just learned, shall we?

Social Security is NOT an entitlement, it is a prepaid retirement and workers compensation insurance policy.

ONLY people (or their survivor families) who pay into it, get anything back from it.

There, now, don't you feel better knowing the TRUTH?

In this video, Thomas Sowell, in 1980 argues against the egalitarian philosophy that government entitlements create equality, he also disparages the stereotype that somehow black people were ever for such.

To the readers I present Thomas Sowell in all his genius:

It's just TOO sad that HE has been discriminated against to the degree that he has

by the politically "accepting" of any and all thoughtscapes.

And none of them can even see their hypocrisy...

It's amazing, in the most horrible sort of way.

Forum List

Back