The "Peter Principle" applies to Donald Trump

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
Donald Trump could be the poster boy for the Peter Principle.

The Peter Principle is the theory that managers rise to the level of their incompetence.

Donald Trump is an incompetent President.

Obungles was a Peter Puffing president

I highly doubt you have any clue, what the "Peter Principle' is.
To enlighten you:
Observation that in an hierarchy people tend to rise to "their level of incompetence." Thus, as people are promoted, they become progressively less-effective because good performance in one job does not guarantee similar performance in another. Named after the Canadian researcher Dr. Laurence J. Peter (1910-90) who popularized this observation in his 1969 book 'The Peter Principle.'
What is the Peter principle? definition and meaning

Why Trump?
There is one logical explanation for this type of behavior, explained by the educator Laurence J. Peter in 1968. Trump forces us to revisit the almost-forgotten Peter Principle. In short, he is a textbook case of the successful individual rising in stature and position until he reaches his downfall, at the lofty level of his human incompetence.
Donald Trump is fixing to be the Peter Principle personified
I believe, that you also have reached your level in incompetence, as a poster. :up:

Obungles was a Peter Puffing president

I highly doubt you have any clue, what the "Peter Principle' is.
To enlighten you:
Observation that in an hierarchy people tend to rise to "their level of incompetence." Thus, as people are promoted, they become progressively less-effective because good performance in one job does not guarantee similar performance in another. Named after the Canadian researcher Dr. Laurence J. Peter (1910-90) who popularized this observation in his 1969 book 'The Peter Principle.'
What is the Peter principle? definition and meaning

Why Trump?
There is one logical explanation for this type of behavior, explained by the educator Laurence J. Peter in 1968. Trump forces us to revisit the almost-forgotten Peter Principle. In short, he is a textbook case of the successful individual rising in stature and position until he reaches his downfall, at the lofty level of his human incompetence.
Donald Trump is fixing to be the Peter Principle personified
I believe, that you also have reached your level in incompetence, as a poster. :up:

I know exactly what it is Peewee"man"

The Peter Principle is the theory that managers rise to the level of their incompetence.

The Peter Principle has been around for almost 50 years and you just discovered it? How old are you?

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

Ironically, your attempt to apply this principle to Donald Trump only confirms his success in his previous roles. Unless you have some proof of his "incompetence" as President you are willing to share?

The Peter Principle has been around for almost 50 years and you just discovered it? How old are you?

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence."

Ironically, your attempt to apply this principle to Donald Trump only confirms his success in his previous roles. Unless you have some proof of his "incompetence" as President you are willing to share?
I have known about it since college in the 70's. I have witnessed many times in my business career.
But this is the first time I have seen it apply to the President of the USA.

I have known about it since college in the 70's. I have witnessed many times in my business career.
But this is the first time I have seen it apply to the President of the USA.

Yoy must have been asleep from 2008-2016

But this is the first time I have seen it apply to the President of the U

Do you remember Jimmy Carter?

I don't see the Peter Principle being applicable to a family business. I see advancement through wide competition in a merit based system as a key component of the Peter Principle. In a family business other considerations are more likely to play a role in advancement.

In it's application to politics I see the Peter Principle applied to a career bureaucrat that has risen through the ranks but is stuck someplace other than the top.

Last edited:

It's likely that happened before daddy bought his way through college.

Seriously. Not one of the trump klan has had to earn anything. Education, jobs, homes - all have been bought by the generation before.

And that generation was as crooked as this bunch.

From trump, his evil spawn, that sleazy Kushner ... Have any one of them ever done anything? No.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Trump is finding out just how far ignorance can be used to destroy as much of America as possible in 2 years. Republicans will be out of control of Congress in 2018 so they and orange-lying-turd have a year and a half left to pour gasoline on everything and set fire to it. They certainly are doing their best, but a very few of their own ranks still have beating hearts and are slowing down the Wermacht. But as cons do they are offering billions in bribes to these few rational Republicans to buy them off and as we know all Republicans have their price.

A year and a half though, it will go by quick. Then Trump's batshit wall will be stopped, limits on Muslim immigratoin which is meant to make Kristians in the US happy will be halted and the usual vetting system will be in place, and Democrats will begin REAL hearings and investigations into to Russia and all the other crimes Trump and his family have and are committing.

Ahhh, but cons you have a good year and a half to cheer on the burning of America so get your anger out now.

Forum List

Back