The Parties Switched Sides: Russia Ukraine Edition

It's been interesting to watch how the "Parties switched sides" with respect to the Russia/Ukraine War.

Many Republicans, myself included, are decidedly in favor of Russia's action with respect to the Ukraine's provocative actions.

Many Progressives, formerly loving devoted to Stalin and the USSR are absolutely hateful of Putin and Russia's actions.

What do you think made the "Parties switch sides"?
I haven't switched sides. I understand Putin's concern re the Ukraine but I condemn the way he handled it, is handling it. I had high hopes that Zelensky might actually do some reform in the Ukraine but there is no evidence he did so before the Russian invasion and there is little transparency now to determine if he is personally profiting from the war.

We had four years of the closest thing to world peace I have ever experienced during Trump's four years and I am quite confident that if he were President now there would be no Russia/Ukraine war.

But now we are again at war even though a proxy war for which we finance the huge lion's share. And the two countries fighting, with the assistance of many other countries, are the two countries consistently rated the most corrupt of all European countries.

Last edited:
What kind of trolling B.S. is this? Nobody including phony republicans is on Russia's side but most republicans are tired of sending billions of American taxpayer money to war profiteers and political crooks.

Many Republicans, myself included, are decidedly in favor of Russia's action with respect to the Ukraine's provocative actions.
I am not in favor of Russia's action, but I understand it. I also understand that Biden needed a foreign war to distract the public from his domestic problems.

It's been interesting to watch how the "Parties switched sides" with respect to the Russia/Ukraine War.

Many Progressives, formerly loving devoted to Stalin and the USSR are absolutely hateful of Putin and Russia's actions.

What do you think made the "Parties switch sides"?
I think many Democrats blamed Russia for Hillary's 2016 loss, and they will never forgive Putin for that alleged betrayal. This is compounded by what some historians are calling as the greatest propaganda effort by the US Government since WWI; any source that questions the official narrative is immediately branded as a Putin puppet without questioning specific claims about US meddling in Ukraine which actually began in 1949:

The Covert Operation to Back Ukrainian Independence that Haunts the CIA.

"Operation Red Sox, as it was known, was one of the first covert missions of the still new Cold War. The American-trained commandos would feed intelligence back to their handlers using new radio and communications equipment, stoking nascent nationalist movements in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and the Baltics."

Forum List

Back