The ONE thing Obama is correct on ....surprise??

I've been wrong.

I like many use the term ISIS which is limited.
ISIS stands for Islamic State in Iraq and Syria.

But Obama et.al. have been using ISIL which stands for Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant.
The Levant is the historic name given to the entire region east of the Mediterranean from Egypt, east to Iran and to Turkey. U.S. officials use ISIL instead of ISIS to emphasize the group's goal to expand its influence beyond the borders of Syria and Iraq.

From now on I'm calling it ISIL unless someone can provide me a more accurate description of the threat!

Is that why he uses it? Or because he's honoring their claim? I believe the latter. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

A more accurate term is Daesh. Widely used in the ME, and the Daeshbags hate it.

DAESH means the same as ISIL...
ISIS 'threatens to cut out the tongue' of anyone who says this word
View attachment 56560
BUT because like you say they hate it you are right.... Should use DAESH !
WOW!!! Growth. It wasn't that long ago that Kerry was being mocked for using the term DAESH. :2up:

By who? Names please.

The American right aids the ISIS/ISIL struggle every day by being self terrorizing pussies, and bullying Muslims that have nothing to do with Paris or San Bernardino

American conservatives want world domination.

Got a link?

Yes. All of your posts.

Than link em.

Who do you want to be the dominant power in the world? Russia? China? ISIS?

There's a difference between being the top dog and world domination.
But you knew that.

And the difference is?

For starters, Christian conservatives want all people on earth to be Christians. And conservatives.

Organizations well beyond the Levant have pledged allegiance to this group, as it's perceived success has attracted like-minded nut-bags, so ISIL is no longer sufficient any more than ISIS is, in terms of a geographical descriptor.

I guess their intentions matter more to me than what their address is. Label them whatever you want, but kill them wherever they are.

Who do you want to be the dominant power in the world? Russia? China? ISIS?

There's a difference between being the top dog and world domination.
But you knew that.

And the difference is?

For starters, Christian conservatives want all people on earth to be Christians. And conservatives.

I dont go to church.

By who? Names please.
I'm supposed to keep all you wingnuts straight? The real question is, after all that's been said about Obama, Kerry and Hillary, why are you acting as if you don't know that it's the truth? Obama was also mocked the first time he said "ISIL", instead of "ISIS". Then it was sign that he was a pussy, not it's suddenly the "in thing".

Please list all foreign territories Republican administrations have annexed.
Puerto Rico, Guam, the Phillipines and a protectorate over Cuba were the result of the Spanish-American War.

FACTS..... FACTS.... History lesson I'm sure your biased anti-American teachers never told you.
Geeez seems a waste of effort communicating with idiots!

Demands by Cuban patriots for independence from Spanish rule made U.S. intervention in Cuba a paramount issue in the relations between the United States and Spain from the 1870s to 1898.
Sympathy for the Cuban insurgents ran high in America, especially after the savage Ten Years War (1868–78) and the unsuccessful revolt of 1895.
After efforts to quell guerrilla activity had failed, the Spanish military commander, Valeriano Weyler y Nicolau, instituted the reconcentrado, or concentration camp,
system in 1896; Cuba's rural population was forcibly confined to centrally located garrison towns, where thousands died from disease, starvation, and exposure.

Weyler's actions brought the rebels many new American sympathizers.
Although the majority of Americans, including President McKinley, wished to avert war and hoped to settle the Cuban question by peaceful means, a series of incidents early in 1898 intensified U.S. feelings against Spain.
The first of these was the publication by Hearst of a stolen letter (the de Lôme letter) that had been written by the Spanish minister at Washington, in which that incautious diplomat expressed contempt for McKinley.
This was followed by the sinking of the U.S. battleship Maine in Havana harbor on Feb. 15, 1898, with a loss of 260 men.
Although Spanish complicity was not proved, U.S. public opinion was aroused and war sentiment rose.
The cause of the advocates of war was given further impetus as a result of eyewitness reports by members of the U.S. Congress on the effect of the reconcentrado policy in Cuba.
http://www.infoplease.com/encyclopedia/history/spanish-american-war-causes-war.html

Forum List

Back