The Official Republican Debates Thread

YOUR party is running things and Republicans did NOT block the bill MM

YOUR party is so obsessed with tax INCREASES they will not get the bill passed out of committee - so they would rather keep the raise form the workers then grant a tax break for employeers to cover the cost of the raise

People know the Dems are running things and they know Dems can't agree on tax cuts - that is why they are not getting the increase

No matter where you look - Dems are screwing things up

That is why they poll numbers are only slightly above Pres Bush

THAT reallys PO's libs when you remind them of that number

of course the republicans blocked the bill...they would not vote for it is the tax cuts were not attached. Like I said, if you all cared for the working poor, you had a dozen years to do something about it.

and you realize that the polling numbers are for congress, not for the democrats IN congress. THe congress is made up of nearly identical sized blocks from both parties. Bush's shitty poll numbers are ALL about him.....

of course the republicans blocked the bill...they would not vote for it is the tax cuts were not attached. Like I said, if you all cared for the working poor, you had a dozen years to do something about it.

Now read very s-l-o-w-l-y

The bill passed BOTH the House and the Senate

Now Dems are bickering over the tax cuts - that is why the bill has not been sent on to Pres Bush. Dems run those committees

Bush said he would sign it

I understand that...R's blocked the clean minimum wage bill....

and you never answered me as to why, if your party cared so much about the plight of the working poor, you failed to pass a minimum wage bill during the twelve years that you had congress....espcially the last six when you had congress and the white house. Do you HAVE an answer for that?

I understand that...R's blocked the clean minimum wage bill....

and you never answered me as to why, if your party cared so much about the plight of the working poor, you failed to pass a minimum wage bill during the twelve years that you had congress....espcially the last six when you had congress and the white house. Do you HAVE an answer for that?

It was DEMS who wanted the tax cuts!!!

They sided with Republicans to put the cuts in the bill

Why the tax cuts? If you increase the cost of doing business - emplyers will cover the cost smewhere. They will lay off people, raise prices, or reduce hours for employees

you didn't answer my question. Here...let me try again:

Why, if your party cared so much about the plight of the working poor, did you fail to pass a minimum wage bill during the twelve years that you had congress....especially the last six when you had congress and the white house. Do you HAVE an answer for that?

It was DEMS who wanted the tax cuts!!!

They sided with Republicans to put the cuts in the bill

Why the tax cuts? If you increase the cost of doing business - emplyers will cover the cost smewhere. They will lay off people, raise prices, or reduce hours for employees

some dems were willing to side with republicans...some weren't. Kinda like when the congress was unable to pass the gay marriage constitutional amendment when YOUR party had both chambers. Isn't it?

some dems were willing to side with republicans...some weren't. Kinda like when the congress was unable to pass the gay marriage constitutional amendment when YOUR party had both chambers. Isn't it?

I love watching you flop around like a fish on a hook

Dems letting the "poor" they care about so much - go without their minimum wage increase, so those evil businesses will not get anymore tax breaks

Nothing like liberal compassion

I love watching you flop around like a fish on a hook

Dems letting the "poor" they care about so much - go without their minimum wage increase, so those evil businesses will not get anymore tax breaks

Nothing like liberal compassion

I am not flipping at all.... why won't you answer my question about your party's supposed concern for the working poor? Will you ever answer that?

I am not flipping at all.... why won't you answer my question about your party's supposed concern for the working poor? Will you ever answer that?

Republicans passed tax cuts for everyone who pays taxes

There are record amounts being spent on social programs

However, it is your party that passed a $400 billion tax increase - and people at EVERY income level (even retired couples) will see their taxes increase

So much for liberal compassion - is has one hell of a high price tag

nope... that is not what I asked you.

I asked you to explain how your party could care about the working poor yet fail to raise the minimum wage for the twelve years they controlled congress?

Answer that one.

nope... that is not what I asked you.

I asked you to explain how your party could care about the working poor yet fail to raise the minimum wage for the twelve years they controlled congress?

Answer that one.

The minimum wage is hardly a major issue for me anyway

So few people actually work for minimum wage - most are young kids living at home or retired folks

So why are Dems more interested in sticking it bussiness then doing what they promised to these people?

The minimum wage is hardly a major issue for me anyway

So few people actually work for minimum wage - most are young kids living at home or retired folks

So why are Dems more interested in sticking it bussiness then doing what they promised to these people?

answer the questions that are asked of you before continuing to ask questions of others. that is only polite.

answer the questions that are asked of you before continuing to ask questions of others. that is only polite.

Actually I think he did answer your question without really knowing it....This is a quote RSR made a few post up

If you increase the cost of doing business - emplyers will cover the cost smewhere. They will lay off people, raise prices, or reduce hours for employees

This is generally the number one reason as to why the Republican party is against the Minimum Wage. What good is a raise, if then the cost of living goes up, which cancels out that raise? Again, the only part of society that is really affected is the middle class. They get no raise, yet have to pay more for everything. A minimum wage increase sounds good, but it never does any good. If your trying to support your family off of minimum wage then you have some serious issues. Money is just one of them. It's a sad world we live in, and no politician is ever going to fix it. Don't think we are going to elect some "Magic Man (Woman)" that is going to..Some things society just has to do for themselves. Not turn to the government to fix everything.

This is generally the number one reason as to why the Republican party is against the Minimum Wage. What good is a raise, if then the cost of living goes up, which cancels out that raise? .

There is so much more to it....

First off, payroll is only around 10-12% of Retail Sales.

Not all employees that a business has are minimum wage, there is usually your accountant and asst manager and manager that are not at minimum wage, even yourself if you are the owner and getting paid as an employee you are not paying your self minimum wage....

Overall in the USA, 2-3% of all employees get paid minimum wage I have read....so, raising the minimum wage a couple of bucks over a two year period on less than 5% of ones employees across the usa is NOT GOING TO BREAK THE BANK and the cost of living will not, and HAS NEVER gone up with a minimum wage hike.

And please NOTE the cost of livinghas NEVER gone up when the minimum wage has been raised over all of the years we have had it!

And on another note....the cost of living or the cost of goods goes up when their fuel/shipping prices go up, it goes up when the materials go higher in price, it goes up when they have to pay more for health insurance for their employees, and it goes up when they pay the CEO a multi million dollar bonus,

So WHY do republicans worry about the costs of goods going up IF 2% OF THE WORKFORCE GETS A minor raise?

I think that many are being lead to believe what they believe by poeople giving them FALSE information, perhaps and they haven't had the time to do the math themselves or the research themselves?

I also believe that the cost of goods would go up as one of my republican friends had told me.... but then, I thought that I would look in to it on my own and I just love math and numbers so, I did....and it blew me away that so little of society really would be affected by a minimum wage hike....

Leading to your second point of when is the middle class going to get any kind of reprieve? But I don't want to get in to that on this post... ;)

Anyway...just thought you needed to know some of this...

Care

People who work at minimum wage are mostly young kids who libe at home, or retired folks working part time to add to their retirement income

The bottom line is, the liberals are holding up any increase for these people beciause of their phobia over tax cuts

You have newly elected Dems (who could have ran as conservatives) pushing for tax cuts to offset the employers increased expense

Of course if Dems get their way on thier $400 billion tax increase, these people will NOT see an increase in their take home pay thanks to the tax increase from Dems

that I am a Democrat. I have told him many times that I am not a member of any political party. So he can blame the Dems ALL DAY LONG for all of our country's problems and for all of Bush's failures, if that makes him feel better- I really don't care.

that I am a Democrat. I have told him many times that I am not a member of any political party. So he can blame the Dems ALL DAY LONG for all of our country's problems and for all of Bush's failures, if that makes him feel better- I really don't care.

Who is assuming?

Dems are trying to surrender in Iraq and they are trying to stop the growth of the economy by raising taxes on every American

Forum List

Back