The Obama Effect continues....

You act like we didnt have military successes under President Bush. In case you werent aware, we killed and captured many more terrorists then we have currently.

Of course, you are also presuming that Obama has made some major policy changes to cause this. Does anyone know of any? Cause it looks to me like he is doing alot of what President Bush was already doing.

Why do you lie?

These are not our military successes. The Pakistani military did not go after the Taliban until Obama came into office. When Bush was in office 41% of the Pakistanis polled supported the Taliban. Now that figure is 5%. After Obama made his speech in Cairo the whole atmosphere changed in the Islamic world.

It's tough being on the wrong side of history, isn't it?

You act like we didnt have military successes under President Bush. In case you werent aware, we killed and captured many more terrorists then we have currently.

Of course, you are also presuming that Obama has made some major policy changes to cause this. Does anyone know of any? Cause it looks to me like he is doing alot of what President Bush was already doing.

Why do you lie?

These are not our military successes. The Pakistani military did not go after the Taliban until Obama came into office. When Bush was in office 41% of the Pakistanis polled supported the Taliban. Now that figure is 5%. After Obama made his speech in Cairo the whole atmosphere changed in the Islamic world.

Is that why the largest Islamic nation on earth has anti-Obama protesters?

Why do you lie?

Look, I'll give props where props should be given.

In my opinion, we should have been concentrating on this area all along, and Obama has made the right decision, leading to an apparent new chapter in the war on terror where we're actually fighting Al Qaeda, apparently with quite a bit of success.

But attributing a large-scale change in the popularity of Al-Qaeda in Pakistan to a speech Obama made? That's waaaay over the top.

I'd say it's much more likely that the popularity of Al Qaeda in Pakistan disappeared overnight due to the fact that Al Qaeda took a giant dump in their own bed, by turning on the Pakistani government.

Why do you lie?

Look, I'll give props where props should be given.

In my opinion, we should have been concentrating on this area all along, and Obama has made the right decision, leading to an apparent new chapter in the war on terror where we're actually fighting Al Qaeda, apparently with quite a bit of success.

But attributing a large-scale change in the popularity of Al-Qaeda in Pakistan to a speech Obama made? That's waaaay over the top.

I'd say it's much more likely that the popularity of Al Qaeda in Pakistan disappeared overnight due to the fact that Al Qaeda took a giant dump in their own bed, by turning on the Pakistani government.

The polls don't lie. When Bush was in office 41% of the Pakistanis supported the Taliban.

Obama in office the number dropped to 5%.

But there is a lot more to it. The week before Obama's speech Hezbollah was favored by the polls to win the Lebanese election. The week after the speech, they lost.

Likewise, Obama has devasted the mythology of Islamic extremism in Iran, and the radical government of Iran has lost its legitimacy partially as a result.

Diplomacy works, my friends. Why? Because there are 1 billion muslims in the world, and for that reason only the muslims can defeat terrorism.

The polls don't lie. When Bush was in office 41% of the Pakistanis supported the Taliban.

But there is a lot more to it. The week before Obama's speech Hezbollah was favored by the polls to win the Lebanese election. The week after the speech, they lost.

Likewise, Obama has devasted the mythology of Islamic extremism in Iran, and the radical government of Iran has lost its legitimacy partially as a result.

Diplomacy works, my friends. Why? Because there are 1 billion muslims in the world, and for that reason only the muslims can defeat terrorism.

Look, we all know that I'm an Obama supporter, but I don't think that he had some sort of magic touch that brought the Pakistanis over to our side.

It was the nature of the Taliban that they would start trying to mess with the local politics in the nation that was harboring them, and they did just that, with their usual tactics. That's what made their popularity in Pakistan disappear, fortunately for us.

But I will say that the Obama policies in the middle east have had a discernible effect.

His speech in Egypt, however, was not the reason for our subsequent successes however. Those successes have more to do with the policy changes, tactical changes and the excellent work of our military in the region, as well as internal struggles within Pakistan.

Look, we all know that I'm an Obama supporter, but I don't think that he had some sort of magic touch that brought the Pakistanis over to our side.

It was the nature of the Taliban that they would start trying to mess with the local politics in the nation that was harboring them, and they did just that, with their usual tactics. That's what made their popularity in Pakistan disappear, fortunately for us.

But I will say that the Obama policies in the middle east have had a discernible effect.

His speech in Egypt, however, was not the reason for our subsequent successes however. Those successes have more to do with the policy changes, tactical changes and the excellent work of our military in the region, as well as internal struggles within Pakistan.

I would have to disagree.

If Bush and Cheney were still in office, things would be a lot worse.

They were AQs greatest recruiters.

Forum List

Back