The new Limp Bizkit album...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
SUCKS!!! But that kinda went without saying I guess, huh?

I'm ashamed to admit, I went through a short Limp Bizkit phase back in the day (mainly because I thought Wes Borland was cool, which I still do), thankfully I'm older and wiser, and realize how hard they suck.

After firing their most musically inclined member, Wes Borland, they apparently hired a guy who could do a killer Wes impression on the guitar, but has no talent or originality of his own.

I've heard a lot of talk about how much the band has grown since their last album. Apparently, this means Fred Durst "sings" (we're using that term loosely here) on a few songs instead of rapping, and a couple songs have a slightly slower tempo, including a painful mockery disguised as a cover of The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes".

The only reason I heard this is because my roommate bought it yesterday, and he and I argued all night about it. He swears up and down that Fred Durst has a great voice, and on top of that, he's a GREAT WRITER!!!!!! Yes, folks, my roommate, the one who thinks Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen suck, thinks FRED DURST is a GREAT SONGWRITER. Just for the heck of it, let's take a look at some of his brilliant lyrics...

From "Eat You Alive":

No doubt that
I'd love to sniff on them panties now

I'm sorry, so sorry (damn you're so hot!)
Your beauty is so vain (damn you're so hot!)
It drives me, yes it drives me (damn you're so hot!)
Absolutely insane

From "Gimme the mic":

Hold up it's the motherfuckin' concrete
Suicidal nightshift loaded with a vice grip
Poppin' all you copies
who keep waterin' down shit
Thinkin' you can rap with that artificial outfit
Your baggy pants and a bottle of crack hits
Fuck all of that shit
Fuck all of you posers

Oh, man, I'm weeping over here. That's just beautiful! This is all laid out over riffs that sound as if they tuned the radio to the closest rock station and said, 'okay, let's just use this'. There is nothing original about this album, and Wes Borland did the smart thing by escaping this sinking ship.

I say that, but in the end, I know it's going to do well, and all the idiot kids are gonna love it.

Oh, yeah, and it also comes with a free DVD of backstage footage, which basically amounts to the band smoking blurred-out weed and puking a lot. FUN FUN!

I give this a half a star out of five, because Snoop Dogg's freestyle on there is good, and there's a pretty cool-looking picture in the booklet. Those are honestly the only redeeming qualities of this thing.

Originally posted by Dan
I'm ashamed to admit, I went through a short Limp Bizkit phase back in the day

You should have put this as your answer to the thing your embarressed about in the poll.

I cant stand Fred Durst. He is another one Id like to beat the crap out of, just for being him.

SUCKS!!! But that kinda went without saying I guess, huh?

I'm ashamed to admit, I went through a short Limp Bizkit phase back in the day (mainly because I thought Wes Borland was cool, which I still do), thankfully I'm older and wiser, and realize how hard they suck.

After firing their most musically inclined member, Wes Borland, they apparently hired a guy who could do a killer Wes impression on the guitar, but has no talent or originality of his own.

I've heard a lot of talk about how much the band has grown since their last album. Apparently, this means Fred Durst "sings" (we're using that term loosely here) on a few songs instead of rapping, and a couple songs have a slightly slower tempo, including a painful mockery disguised as a cover of The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes".

The only reason I heard this is because my roommate bought it yesterday, and he and I argued all night about it. He swears up and down that Fred Durst has a great voice, and on top of that, he's a GREAT WRITER!!!!!! Yes, folks, my roommate, the one who thinks Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen suck, thinks FRED DURST is a GREAT SONGWRITER. Just for the heck of it, let's take a look at some of his brilliant lyrics...

From "Eat You Alive":

No doubt that
I'd love to sniff on them panties now

I'm sorry, so sorry (damn you're so hot!)
Your beauty is so vain (damn you're so hot!)
It drives me, yes it drives me (damn you're so hot!)
Absolutely insane

From "Gimme the mic":

Hold up it's the motherfuckin' concrete
Suicidal nightshift loaded with a vice grip
Poppin' all you copies
who keep waterin' down shit
Thinkin' you can rap with that artificial outfit
Your baggy pants and a bottle of crack hits
Fuck all of that shit
Fuck all of you posers

Oh, man, I'm weeping over here. That's just beautiful! This is all laid out over riffs that sound as if they tuned the radio to the closest rock station and said, 'okay, let's just use this'. There is nothing original about this album, and Wes Borland did the smart thing by escaping this sinking ship.

I say that, but in the end, I know it's going to do well, and all the idiot kids are gonna love it.

Oh, yeah, and it also comes with a free DVD of backstage footage, which basically amounts to the band smoking blurred-out weed and puking a lot. FUN FUN!

I give this a half a star out of five, because Snoop Dogg's freestyle on there is good, and there's a pretty cool-looking picture in the booklet. Those are honestly the only redeeming qualities of this thing.
1677437556454.jpeg

Forum List

Back