the missus has a question for you obamabots....

Let me see if I have this right….

So Clinton goes to N. Korea and gets those 2 Chinese-American female journalists a pardon….Why couldn’t or why didn’t our president do that himself? ....I hear it was ‘unannounced’??? Bullshit… There must have been ‘prior assurance’ that Bill could seal the deal and leave with them both or he wouldn’t have gone…

Was he (Obama) just too busy having beers with a wronged Black teacher and the bad White cop to try and calm some racial tension that he should have NEVER been a part of anyway?????

Is it just that Obama’s people are stupid? Is it just that Clinton jumped at a chance to undermine Obama’s authority? NO because Clinton couldn’t do it without Obama’s permission…

So why wasn’t Obama the one to get their release???

Both the president and the Secretary of State are of too high of an echelon to deal with the release of these two women. Bill was the perfect choice, and there is little doubt that the release was pre-arranged.

The real question should be, what was the price for this release?

I sincerely doubt Clinton went on his own and wtihout White House knowlege.

Obama used a former POTUS to negotiate the release of two Americans.

What's the big deal?

The deal was done before he went.

washingtonpost.com

Ok so he sent a former POTUS as an emissary to pick up two released American reporters.

What's the big deal?

It's not a big deal, but the fact is, he didn't broker anything, and dealing with other nations is the Secretary of State's job, not the spouse of The Secretary of State.

washingtonpost.com

Ok so he sent a former POTUS as an emissary to pick up two released American reporters.

What's the big deal?

It's not a big deal, but the fact is, he didn't broker anything, and dealing with other nations is the Secretary of State's job, not the spouse of The Secretary of State.

Again, the husband of the SecState is also a former POTUS, a man perfectly qualified and in a good position for a mission such as this.

What's the big deal?

washingtonpost.com

What's the big deal?
well, given Bill's history, would you send him to pick up 2 women?

So Clinton goes to N. Korea and gets those 2 Chinese-American female journalists a pardon….Why couldn’t or why didn’t our president do that himself? ....I hear it was ‘unannounced’??? Bullshit… There must have been ‘prior assurance’ that Bill could seal the deal and leave with them both or he wouldn’t have gone…

Was he (Obama) just too busy having beers with a wronged Black teacher and the bad White cop to try and calm some racial tension that he should have NEVER been a part of anyway?????

Is it just that Obama’s people are stupid? Is it just that Clinton jumped at a chance to undermine Obama’s authority? NO because Clinton couldn’t do it without Obama’s permission…

Both the president and the Secretary of State are of too high of an echelon to deal with the release of these two women. Bill was the perfect choice, and there is little doubt that the release was pre-arranged.

Agreed.

I'd like to know that as well.

What's the big deal?

Again, the husband of the SecState is also a former POTUS, a man perfectly qualified and in a good position for a mission such as this.

Again, the deal was done before he went, you keep dodging that point, don't you?

Agreed.

I'd like to know that as well.
yeah, thats the bigger question

Again, the deal was done before he went, you keep dodging that point, don't you?

Not in the least bit.

You seem to think that the Secretary of State is the one and only person to go on this kind of a mission.

I don't and believe that line of thinking is flat out silly.

Not in the least bit.

You seem to think that the Secretary of State is the one and only person to go on this kind of a mission.

but the deal was done ahead of time, regardless of who went.

Not in the least bit.

Let me remind you of what you said,

What's the big deal?

The key part is in red. I merely pointed out that Mr Clinton didn't negotiate the release, and you keep spinning.

Not in the least bit.

but the deal was done ahead of time, regardless of who went.

I know.

The deal was made and they sent Bill Clinton to pick them up and handle formalities.

What's the problem?

Not in the least bit.

What's the big deal?

The key part is in red. I merely pointed out that Mr Clinton didn't negotiate the release, and you keep spinning.

Right, I got that point long ago when Xeno told me the deal was done before he left and it was further cemented when I read the post article you linked.

I have since dropped saying the Bill Clinton negotiated anything.

Not in the least bit.

What's the big deal?

Right, I got that point long ago when Xeno told me the deal was done before he left and it was further cemented when I read the post article you linked.

I have since dropped saying the Bill Clinton negotiated anything.

Gee, I must think it's a big deal.
Oh wait, I didn't say that, but you tried to insinuate it. :eusa_whistle:

You jumped into the thread to take a jab at Hillary by saying it was a "fact" that Bill went because she wasn't up to the job. I smelled BS (which it was) and that was the only reason why I even engaged you in the first place.

You jumped into the thread to take a jab at Hillary by saying it was a "fact" that Bill went because she wasn't up to the job. I smelled BS (which it was) and that was the only reason why I even engaged you in the first place.

What about Hillary's broken arm? seriously.

What's the big deal?
Lying about it.

Why is Obama trying to pretend he wasn't involved?

it isn't uncommon, when using diplomacy, to send former heads of state. bill clinton didn't run diplomatic policy on his own. where did obama lie? did he say he didn't know bill was going? somehow i doubt he said that....

why are you pretending to be angered by this?

it's about time our white house remembered what diplomacy is

i suppose he could have called the little dude evil and said we wouldn't negotiate.... and the women could have spent the next dozen years doing hard labor in a north korean jail

Forum List

Back