The "missing white child" agenda

G

Gabriella84

I've often wondered about this. In most cases, when a tragedy involves non-whites (often females), the coverage is normally much less intensive than when it involves a white (usually young) female.
Look at the most recently cases to inspire incredibly bloated and overblown media coverage: Elizabeth Smart, the Runaway Bride and Natalee Holloway. All are young white females from upscale families.
As opposed to something like this:
(From today's edition of "New Hounds")

Today (6/21) on FNL, David Asman anchored a segment that revealed, once again, FNL's bias as to which crime victims are worthy of coverage & which are not. Yes, it's the downside of the "missing white child" agenda.

At 12:18pm (EDT) there was an ALERT for the verdict in 1964 civil rights murder trial of Edgar Ray Killen. FNL showed live video (full on & fairly close up) of the defendant while the judge polled the jurors (audio only, no pix of judge or jury). During a lull in the proceedings, Asman noted it is "41 years to the day" when the 3 (James Chaney, Andrew Goodman & Michael Schwerner) were killed. Then it was back to more video of the defendant, as the verdicts were read (guilty of 3 counts of manslaughter), followed by video of a "family member" hugging him after the verdict.

Not once during the entire segment were any photos of the victims displayed. Compare & contrast this with the coverage on FNL, during the last 2 hours of today's program, of Natalee Holloway & Brennan Hawkins (the Boy Scout missing in UT) -- as well as FNL's usual coverage of every "missing white child." Nearly every time either Hawkins or Holloway is mentioned, there is sure to be a tear-jerker photo shown. And no "missing white child" story would be complete without accompanying photos. Of course the 3 civil rights workers were slightly older (21, 20 & 24, respectively) than Holloway & significantly older than most of the "missing white child" victims, but remember all the photos of Laci Peterson & Lori Hacking. Why not show these 3 victims of a heinous crime?

Gabriella84 said:
I've often wondered about this. In most cases, when a tragedy involves non-whites (often females), the coverage is normally much less intensive than when it involves a white (usually young) female.
Look at the most recently cases to inspire incredibly bloated and overblown media coverage: Elizabeth Smart, the Runaway Bride and Natalee Holloway. All are young white females from upscale families.
As opposed to something like this:
(From today's edition of "New Hounds")

Today (6/21) on FNL, David Asman anchored a segment that revealed, once again, FNL's bias as to which crime victims are worthy of coverage & which are not. Yes, it's the downside of the "missing white child" agenda.

At 12:18pm (EDT) there was an ALERT for the verdict in 1964 civil rights murder trial of Edgar Ray Killen. FNL showed live video (full on & fairly close up) of the defendant while the judge polled the jurors (audio only, no pix of judge or jury). During a lull in the proceedings, Asman noted it is "41 years to the day" when the 3 (James Chaney, Andrew Goodman & Michael Schwerner) were killed. Then it was back to more video of the defendant, as the verdicts were read (guilty of 3 counts of manslaughter), followed by video of a "family member" hugging him after the verdict.

Not once during the entire segment were any photos of the victims displayed. Compare & contrast this with the coverage on FNL, during the last 2 hours of today's program, of Natalee Holloway & Brennan Hawkins (the Boy Scout missing in UT) -- as well as FNL's usual coverage of every "missing white child." Nearly every time either Hawkins or Holloway is mentioned, there is sure to be a tear-jerker photo shown. And no "missing white child" story would be complete without accompanying photos. Of course the 3 civil rights workers were slightly older (21, 20 & 24, respectively) than Holloway & significantly older than most of the "missing white child" victims, but remember all the photos of Laci Peterson & Lori Hacking. Why not show these 3 victims of a heinous crime?

they DID show photos of all 3----are you sure you have the right channel or is this just another thing you want to argue about?

are you sure you have the right channel

You're right, of course. I wasn't talking about a regular news channel. I was referring to Fox.

Has there been a case lately of an African-American woman who was pregnant and disappeared while her husband carried on with another woman claiming he was single all along?

Has there been a case lately of an African-American woman who disappeared just weeks before her wedding, then claimed she was kidnapped and raped by an Asian couple?

Has there been a case lately of an African-American boy who was on a scouting trip who disappeared into the woods?

Has there been a case lately of an African-American 18 year old on a high school trip to a resort island who took off with a few guys and then disappeared?

-=d=- said:
We're called 'black' ;)

Terminology and reasoning behind it is hard to keep up with now days. My best friend (black) gets pig fighting mad when someone calls him an African American. He says "call me American, Negro, or S.O.B.. Just because I'm a Negro doesn't mean I'm an African. I've never been there, don't have any intentions of ever going there, and don't have any kissing cousins there".

Merlin said:
Terminology and reasoning behind it is hard to keep up with now days. My best friend (black) gets pig fighting mad when someone calls him an African American. He says "call me American, Negro, or S.O.B.. Just because I'm a Negro doesn't mean I'm an African. I've never been there, don't have any intentions of ever going there, and don't have any kissing cousins there".
exactly! if you want to claim being an "african" American, make the effort and go there and see what its all about.

Frankly, until someone brought it up, I would have never noticed that these three women were white. You know why? Because we're all Americans, regardless of our skin color!!! Who frickin' cares whether a missing person is white, or black, or red, or purple?!? :mad:

My brother has a friend named Heinrich...he's white and blonde and immigrated from Africa. The dirty looks he gets when he claims to be African-American are astounding.

Gabriella84 said:
You're right, of course. I wasn't talking about a regular news channel. I was referring to Fox.

For someone who loathes Fox Network you certainly spend a lot of time there............

Care to comment on how many times the NY Times, the LA Times, Newsweek has been caught in blatant bias, or maybe CNN???

Forum List

Back