The Matthew Shepard Act...

I would like someone to tell me why killing a gay guy is worse than killing a child?

What is worse about killing someone with your car while DWI and lying in wait to shoot them as they go to work?

Well, one assumes one is premeditated and the other isn't... but my point is I don't think killing someone because they're black or gay is any worse than killing someone because they're too little to fight back.

I would say that getting into a car and driving while under the influence of any function impairing substances is pre-meditated.

Motivation has always been a consideration when it came to crime and punishment in this country....why is it, when consideration is made of the hatred of someone towards a group...everyone gets all fluttery and has conniption fits?

I would like someone to tell me why killing a gay guy is worse than killing a child?

It's not that one is 'worse' than the other. It's that hate crimes are the result of hatred and racism against a particular group of people. Those types of crimes often occur by more than one person at a time... and are often the result of ugly societal stereotypes.

And there are already laws specifically addressing treatment of children and defining a particular act by whether a child is involved. For example, New York just passed Leandra's Law which makes driving while under the influence if there is a child age 15 or younger in the car.

Whereas people kill other people without hating them? That's what I don't get about the 'hate' part. See, I would assume that if one person kills another person, it's a pretty safe bet that (unless it is motivated by money, etc) then hate is gonna be a factor. Generally, people don't just kill other people (unless they're a whackjob serial killer).

I have never hated anyone I have killed.

What is worse about killing someone with your car while DWI and lying in wait to shoot them as they go to work?

Well, one assumes one is premeditated and the other isn't... but my point is I don't think killing someone because they're black or gay is any worse than killing someone because they're too little to fight back.

I would say that getting into a car and driving while under the influence of any function impairing substances is pre-meditated.

It's negligence, possibly. But unless the person plans on killing someone, it's not premeditated.

It's negligence, possibly. But unless the person plans on killing someone, it's not premeditated.

So, we agree that motivation is a point that should be under consideration in charging, convicting, and sentencing criminals.

So, we agree that motivation is a point that should be under consideration in charging, convicting, and sentencing criminals.
Hey, why not!

But let's just make sure that anytime a disgusting faggot or lesbian murders a straight person, they are charged with a hate crime as a special circumstance enhancement.

Eh, Butch?

Fair is fair after all!

It's not that one is 'worse' than the other. It's that hate crimes are the result of hatred and racism against a particular group of people. Those types of crimes often occur by more than one person at a time... and are often the result of ugly societal stereotypes.

And there are already laws specifically addressing treatment of children and defining a particular act by whether a child is involved. For example, New York just passed Leandra's Law which makes driving while under the influence if there is a child age 15 or younger in the car.

Whereas people kill other people without hating them? That's what I don't get about the 'hate' part. See, I would assume that if one person kills another person, it's a pretty safe bet that (unless it is motivated by money, etc) then hate is gonna be a factor. Generally, people don't just kill other people (unless they're a whackjob serial killer).

The difference is that the harm extends beyond the dead person to the entire community being intimidated and the law effectively gives the prosecution one more tool.

In other words, if you kill the man behind the store counter for money, you didn't "hate" him, you wanted the money and had no regard for his life.

If on the other hand, a store owner was shot only because there was a gay flag outside...No robbery, just a dead gay guy.....This crime extends beyond the death of one store owner and intimidates the entire gay community.

When the store owner in the first example just happens to be gay, the robber can't be prosecuted for a hate crime just by virtue of who he happened to kill, it has to be proven as the motivation for the killing.

Last edited:

Hey, why not!

But let's just make sure that anytime a disgusting faggot or lesbian murders a straight person, they are charged with a hate crime as a special circumstance enhancement.

Eh, Butch?

Fair is fair after all!

I always welcome these special little posts that say so much about you. :lol::lol:

Hey, why not!

Eh, Butch?

Fair is fair after all!

I always welcome these special little posts that say so much about you. :lol::lol:
So what you are really saying is that if a disgusting gay kills a straight because they hate straights, they shouldn't be charged with a hate crime, right?

Hey, why not!

Eh, Butch?

Fair is fair after all!

So what you are really saying is that if a disgusting gay kills a straight because they hate straights, they shouldn't be charged with a hate crime, right?

I'm saying that in either a gay on straight case OR a straight on gay case....hatred towards the group MUST be proven. A straight person assaulting a stranger while yelling anti-gay epithets can be prosecuted for a hate crime EVEN IF the person they assaulted is straight. A gay person assaulting a stranger while yelling anti-straight epithets (are there any?) can be prosecuted for a hate crime EVEN IF the person they assaulted is gay.

Intent and proof.....as in all criminal cases....determines charges, convictions, and sentences....but they must be PROVED.

Hey, why not!

Eh, Butch?

Fair is fair after all!

I take it you also feel that Dan White should have been charged with a hate crime because he killed a fellow flaming faggot who he obviously hated, Right?

And, he also murdered George Moscone, who wasn't a disgusting flaming faggot btw, because he hated him also. He should have been charged with a hate crime for that one too, right?

Hey, why not!

Eh, Butch?

Fair is fair after all!

I take it you also feel that Dan White should have been charged with a hate crime because he killed a fellow flaming faggot who he obviously hated, Right?

And, he also murdered George Moscone, who wasn't a disgusting flaming faggot btw, because he hated him also. He should have been charged with a hate crime for that one too, right?

Did he shout anti-gay epithets and was there prosecutable evidence that he was targeting random gays because of their sexuality?

I'm saying that in either a gay on straight case OR a straight on gay case....hatred towards the group MUST be proven. A straight person assaulting a stranger while yelling anti-gay epithets can be prosecuted for a hate crime EVEN IF the person they assaulted is straight. A gay person assaulting a stranger while yelling anti-straight epithets (are there any?) can be prosecuted for a hate crime EVEN IF the person they assaulted is gay.

Intent and proof.....as in all criminal cases....determines charges, convictions, and sentences....but they must be PROVED.
Ok so, if a faggot kills another faggot while screaming "I hate you faggot", he should be charged with a hate crime, right?

Late last, year most of you probably already know that the Matthew Shepard Act had been passed.

For those that do not know this "measure expands the 1969 United States federal hate-crime law to include crimes motivated by a victim's actual or perceived gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability". It also arisen in light due to the murder of Matthew Shepard in 1998, a murder most speculate was driven because of said victims Sexual Orientation. And this is despite overwhelming evidence which actually proves it wasnt, but thats not point.

Here is what the act is all about:

- removes the prerequisite that the victim be engaging in a federally-protected activity, like voting or going to school;
- gives federal authorities greater ability to engage in hate crimes investigations that local authorities choose not to pursue;
- provides $5 million per year in funding for fiscal years 2010 through 2012 to help state and local agencies pay for investigating and prosecuting hate crimes;
- requires the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to track statistics on hate crimes against transgender people (statistics for the other groups are already tracked).

When we speak of the topic of Terrorism today, words like 'Radical Islam' and names like 'Osama Bin Laden' are casually thrown in. The fact is the biggest groups of terrorists that have caused problems in the US are actually 'equal rights' group coming from the left. The gay rights movement is no different from the Civil Rights movement and Feminist which have appeared in the mid 20th century...once radical movements to create equality for their respective collective, its as obvious as ever that the true objective was to oust the previous dominating group (heterosexuals) and give more special rights to the less perceived group (in this case homosexuals)...

When will these idiots realize that creating hate crime acts which create specifically exclusive and protected categories doesn't equalize anything but create more conflict. It is an 100% illegitamate act. If I wanted to, I can fake being gay and reap the benefits of this act.

In Conclusion, the Matthew Shepard act is another piece of turd pushed forth by the far left. An emotional response, but not a realistic one...

If Gays are just like the rest of the population, why would they need a hate crime act to single them out from the rest of the other people? I thought we moved in the same train?

:lol: Special benefits??? :cuckoo:

Public Law #103-322A, a 1994 federal law, defines a hate crime as:

"a crime in which the defendant intentionally selects a victim, or in the case of a property crime, the property that is the object of the crime,

because of

the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, or sexual orientation of any person."
Hate crime legislation: Definitions & existing laws

Did he shout anti-gay epithets and was there prosecutable evidence that he was targeting random gays because of their sexuality?
Not that I heard of.

Lets put it this way. Two dudes are in a bar. One straight, one a faggot. They get into a brawl. Faggot calls him an asshole straight MF'er, and that he hates you straight MFer's. Straight dude says fuck you faggot, I can't stand you freaks, and they proceed to beat the shit out of each other. Witnesses verify all words said. Who gets charged with a hate crime?

Remember, it's in the heat of a physical battle.

More 'what if's' 'maybe's' and 'might of's'.

Wonder if WJ has a list of crimes committed by gays against straights over say...the past 40 years or so. People specifically targeted because they are straight by gay.

Wonder what the list would read like the other way around....

Forum List

Back