The March on washington crowd est.

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
Dr. Farouk EL-Baz, director of the Center for Remote Sensing at Boston University, today announced the results of the Center's final analysis of the crowd size present during the "Million Man March" held Monday, October 16, in Washington, DC - 837,000, with a margin of error of plus or minus 20 percent.
nationalmall.jpg

I would be interested in how many people show up.
I will not be available to go.

Dr. Farouk EL-Baz, director of the Center for Remote Sensing at Boston University, today announced the results of the Center's final analysis of the crowd size present during the "Million Man March" held Monday, October 16, in Washington, DC - 837,000, with a margin of error of plus or minus 20 percent.
nationalmall.jpg

I would be interested in how many people show up.
I will not be available to go.
Being on call? Neither will I. But I do belive the showing will be very strong. This march has been brewing for quite some time.

2/3's of America could be there and nobody in the news would cover it except for Fox. Sad, huh?

my expectations are low because I think many are too busy, no money, or too far away to go. I hope it's a large turn out but I don't think so.

Even if it is the press won't say so.

im thinking low turn out mostly cause of the weather. its expected to rain there.

I wouldnt go anyway. Protests arent my thing. Id rather discuss/debate ideas rather than march on anyone.

My family would be attending, but our local Tea Party Organization ran out of funds to purchase bus tickets, and being unemployed, I don't exactly have the spare cash...

My heart's with em...

Will be reported tonight on the state run media as a small event with only a handful of wild and rioting supporter or no mention at all!!!!

Will be reported tonight on the state run media as a small event with only a handful of wild and rioting supporter or no mention at all!!!!

just remember dahlink more people in America watch Fox News than any other station combined. It got very wide coverage. and they were wall to wall Now what is evident after listening to the obamalama is he plays to his special interest groups and the rest of us can go suck lemons.. that's his message and everbody hears hymn.

Tea Party Protesters March on Washington - ABC News

Thousands of conservative protesters from across the country converged on the Capitol Saturday morning to demonstrate against President Obama's proposals for health care reform and voicing opposition to big government, what they say is over-the-top spending.

Carrying signs depicting President Obama as Adolf Hitler and the Joker, and chanting slogans such as "'No big government" and "Obamacare makes me sick," approximately 60,000 to 70,000 people flooded Pennsylvania Ave, according to the Washington DC Fire Department.

Organized by FreedomWorks, a conservative activist group led by former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, many of the protestors were affiliated with the Tea Party movement, grassroots demonstrations that began across the country last spring to protest Democratic tax policies, and government bailouts of the banking and auto industries.

Protest Crowd Size Estimate Falsely Attributed to ABC News - ABC News

Conservative activists, who organized a march on the U.S. Capitol today in protest of the Obama administration's health care agenda and government spending, erroneously attributed reports on the size of the crowds to ABC News.

Matt Kibbe, president of FreedomWorks, the group that organized the event, said on stage at the rally that ABC News was reporting that 1 million to 1.5 million people were in attendance.

At no time did ABC News, or its affiliates, report a number anywhere near as large. ABCNews.com reported an approximate figure of 60,000 to 70,000 protesters, attributed to the Washington, D.C., fire department. In its reports, ABC News Radio described the crowd as "tens of thousands."

Brendan Steinhauser, spokesman for FreedomWorks, said he did not know why Kibbe cited ABC News as a source.

As a result of Kibbe's erroneous attribution, several bloggers and commenters repeated the misinformation.

Yeah, I remember all these teabaggers bitching about Bush's spending run amok. Or how warrentless wiretaps were a threat to liberty. O wait... no, that never happened.

Actually it did, among the libertarians. There has been a tea party movement for years. But much smaller without the GOP taking it over, and unless you are in touch with what the Libs are doing you wouldn't have heard about it.

Yeah, I remember all these teabaggers bitching about Bush's spending run amok. Or how warrentless wiretaps were a threat to liberty. O wait... no, that never happened.

There are no warrantless wiretaps.

And lots of peole expressed opposition to President Bush's profligate spending.

If there weren't warrantless wiretaps, why did the Bush administration argue they had the legal authority to conduct them and telecommunication companies were given immunity from civil judgments for aiding with them?

Forum List

Back