The March 6th GOP Primaries: A Critical Loss for Mitt Romney

No, the problem Romney has is that this shouldn't be a contest.

He's going up against two guys who got run out of Congress. Guys who were polling in single digits back in December.

He's outspending them at a rate of 10-1, and still struggling. Even in a state where the party outright cheats and keeps them off the ballot (Virginia) Romney still loses 41% of the vote to the crazy fringe candidate.

He's so weak he can't even condemn Rush Limbaugh when Rush has essentially driven millions of women and right-thinking men into the arms of the Democrats.

All sad but very true.

I wonder if this will be one of those years when a veep pick matters. Romney will end up being the guy, so maybe he grabs a hardcore righty and crosses his fingers. Maybe his wife can do the talking at campaign events to keep things safe.

Wow, is that your scientific polling method, you illogical, lying, lefty fuck?

Polls show that Obama is beating Romney by anywhere from 2-10 points. Not one poll shows him beating Obama.

That scientific enough for ya, bud?

and here's the thing. They haven't even gotten started on Romney yet. Most Americans aren't paying attention right now.

Try reading your own post, you stupid leftist whore. You won't get it, but try anyway.

I get it perfectly... But I understand you have limited reading comprehension skills.

Opinions on Obama are pretty much set in stone. We've had him on the stage for four years now.

The people who don't start paying attention until August really aren't watching this circus on the GOP. And they will be as underwealmed with Romney as the GOP rank and files seems to be. Even less so.

But you keep getting behind your creepy Mormon Robot. He'll lose bigger than McCain.

He's going up against two guys who got run out of Congress. Guys who were polling in single digits back in December.

He's outspending them at a rate of 10-1, and still struggling. Even in a state where the party outright cheats and keeps them off the ballot (Virginia) Romney still loses 41% of the vote to the crazy fringe candidate.

He's so weak he can't even condemn Rush Limbaugh when Rush has essentially driven millions of women and right-thinking men into the arms of the Democrats.

All sad but very true.

I wonder if this will be one of those years when a veep pick matters. Romney will end up being the guy, so maybe he grabs a hardcore righty and crosses his fingers. Maybe his wife can do the talking at campaign events to keep things safe.

The Veep Pick never matters.

The only way the Veep Pick matters is "did he fuck it up?" Like Eagleton or Palin.

Sometimes you can fuck it up and still do okay. Dan Quayle being a good example. (Actually, Dan Quayle I think gets unfairly maligned. He's a much brighter guy than anyone gave him credit for.)

If Romney is looking to the Veep Pick to be a game changer, it means he's already going to lose the game.

I also don't see anyone really lining up to run with this guy. Maybe Pawlenty or some other has-been.

Polls show that Obama is beating Romney by anywhere from 2-10 points. Not one poll shows him beating Obama.

That scientific enough for ya, bud?

and here's the thing. They haven't even gotten started on Romney yet. Most Americans aren't paying attention right now.

Try reading your own post, you stupid leftist whore. You won't get it, but try anyway.

I get it perfectly... But I understand you have limited reading comprehension skills.

Opinions on Obama are pretty much set in stone. We've had him on the stage for four years now.

The people who don't start paying attention until August really aren't watching this circus on the GOP. And they will be as underwealmed with Romney as the GOP rank and files seems to be. Even less so.

But you keep getting behind your creepy Mormon Robot. He'll lose bigger than McCain.

You're so fucking stupid it's amazing. You will twist yourself into any shape and try your best to alter reality in any way in order to justify your far-left ideology and rabid bigotry. You're about as transparent as they come, douchebag. Put on your blue dress and head over to the White House - he's waiting for you.

You're so fucking stupid it's amazing. You will twist yourself into any shape and try your best to alter reality in any way in order to justify your far-left ideology and rabid bigotry. You're about as transparent as they come, douchebag. Put on your blue dress and head over to the White House - he's waiting for you.

Wow, man, you just want to run with the grownups in a conversation and can't do it, can you? It's really kind of sad.

Romney is losing to Obama in every poll right now, and the MSM hasn't even gotten started on him yet.

When those "Racism in the Mormon Church" bits start runnin in August, just remember, I warned you first.

Well for a "loser" Romney did pretty good on Super Tuesday.

I agree Claudette that he won. The problem for him is that he does have to win the nomination out right though with delegates and he keeps winning narrow victories and losing States outright. If he goes to a brokered convention he's in serious trouble.
Technically, Clinton won the popular vote in primaries, one of which was sanctioned by the Democratic party under party rules in 2008. Obama won the nomination, and the presidency. THAT long long drawn out battle did not hurt the nominee. The pertinent only matter of concern for Republicans is third party spin off.

I said the "nomination" not the Presidency. I agree I see zero issue with the long drawn out nominating process any more then it hurt Obama. That part's just liberal wishful thinking. I said the nomination because the Republicans are divided into the Romney and anyone but Romney sides. If Romney doesn't win outright, the anti-Romney camps will join together and make it difficult for him to get the nomination. His hope then would be super delegates would be enough to push him over the top.

Well for a "loser" Romney did pretty good on Super Tuesday.

I agree Claudette that he won. The problem for him is that he does have to win the nomination out right though with delegates and he keeps winning narrow victories and losing States outright. If he goes to a brokered convention he's in serious trouble.

You started with "no" then didn't contradict anything I said...

Another pertinent factor is that the democrats had the media in their pocket no matter who won the primary. If mrs. bubba had won it would have been non-stop coverage of the 'historic quest for a woman to take her rightful place in the seat of power!' and all that nonsense.

That was the choice for Democrats. Do you want the black or the woman who agree on every issue?

The Veep Pick never matters. .

Of course it does, you ignorant shit.

When?

When did someone who was running behind in the polls suddenly leap to the front because he picked a really great running-mate?

I'm sure with your vast knowledge of history, you'd be able to give me a recent example.

So the only way it matters is if it makes them "suddenly leap to the front?"

But to address the actual point, not your idiotic warping of it, some recent picks that did matter:

1) Cheney: Very popular with fiscal conservatives. We hoped he'd pull W who was already clearly not fiscally conservative to the right. Didn't work, Cheney adopted W's neocon agenda. But it helped him with the election.

2) HW: Reagan likely wins anyway, but it was a shrewd move. He disliked HW but unified the party and it killed any sliver of hope Carter had.

3) LBJ: Ditto JFK's pick.

4) Ferraro: Wasn't enough, Mondale was a horrible candidate. But the first woman on the ticket took the already liberal media to a whole new level of Democratic Nominee worship.

Those are just recent picks. In this case, it's critical for the Republican. They have to pick someone who's not a middle aged white guy to counter the Obamanation media and they need to assuage the Tea Party because none of the three left (Paul can't win) are solid Tea Party fiscal conservatives.

Last edited:

Wow, man, you just want to run with the grownups in a conversation and can't do it, can you? It's really kind of sad.

Romney is losing to Obama in every poll right now, and the MSM hasn't even gotten started on him yet.

When those "Racism in the Mormon Church" bits start runnin in August, just remember, I warned you first.

Oh, your far-left rhetoric and disgusting bigotry is 'grownup conversation'? Who the fuck do you think you're kidding, you scum?

I can't comprehend you people arguing that Romney somehow lost by winning the most states and delegates..

No logic or independence. This poster is a poser. This is just more Obama-Bot wishful-thinking from him or her. Nothing more.

Oh, your far-left rhetoric and disgusting bigotry is 'grownup conversation'? Who the fuck do you think you're kidding, you scum?

Ho boy...

That ended decades ago; in reality the LDS have allowed African Americans to be IN THEIR CHURCHES longer than many Protestant churches:

The saints were accused of being abolitionists and a threat to the status of the state of Missouri, then a slave state. Even from the 1900s to the 1940s, when there was a general segregation of Blacks from so-called white churches, there was no Church policy of racial segregation of blacks and whites in THE CHURCH of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints.

D. Charles Pyle, Encyclopedia of Mormonism

In those days the general public was not concerned about the blacks receiving the Priesthood. Most of the white folk owned slaves and believed that Black Africans should not be allowed even the least of privileges. The truth be known, many believed that black people did not even possess souls. The prophet Joseph Smith spoke out on this matter.

...they came into the world slaves, mentally and physically. Change their situation with the whites, and they would be like them. They have souls, and are subjects of salvation.
History of the Church, Vol. 5, page 217

And in 1863 Brigham Young taught,
For their abuse of [the Black African] race, the whites will be cursed, unless they repent.

I love the way the spinmeisters can't accept the obvious strength of the Romney campaign.
Smells like fear and desperation to me...

0.jpg

romney-2012-blog-image-smaller-simpler-smarter.jpg

romney-believe-in-america.jpg

Go Mitt! :clap2:

Well it's an interesting hypothesis. First I would say that I highly doubt Romney is crying in his Wheaties this morning. He's opened up a lead of roughly 240 delegates and while he didn't deliver a knockout blow last night that will force the others to immediately withdraw, for all intents and purposes this thing is over.

At this point fundraising is going to start to dry up for Romney's competitors because major donors are not going to waste their money by buying a ticket on a sinking ship. I imagine Santorum will probably take Kansas on Saturday and will likely show well in Mississippi and Alabama, but after that his victories will be very few and far in between. Additionally, with Romney's lead it's not enough for Santorum to just win those states now....he has to completely dominate. So from a numbers perspective it's all over but the shouting.

From a strategic perspective it depends. I don't think a long primary is necessarily a bad thing. I tend to agree with Avitar (I believe it was) who argued that it keeps the focus on the GOP instead of Obama and that's a good thing. Divisions within the party will fade once Romney is officially nominated and 95% of those Republicans who right now are saying they will never vote for Romney in a million years will find some way to do so.

Also Romney now does not have to go so far to the right as Santorum does. Santorum will have to go hard core, extreme, religious right while Romney can hover a little closer to center. That will work in Romney's favor and destroy Santorum, especially when we get into late March and April and see primaries/caucuses in Illinois, Maryland, DC, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Delaware, New York, and Rhode Island. It may benefit him in Kansas and Missouri but it will kill him in the others.

All in all, I think Romney is happy as a Quahog clam.

Forum List

Back