The man running the job

roomy

The Natural
Apr 22, 2006
is a fucking idiot.Every time you stand up straight he he pointing at his fucking watch and shaking his head disapprovingly.Last week he came over and started whining about time and motion, I stopped the idiot in his tracks, told him to fuck off back to his cabin where he will be nice and warm.I then parked my van infront of his window to stop him boring holes in the back of my head.Yesterday he sacked a young kid who's wife has just had their second child, as soon as he realised I was going to walk off the site with my hoddy he called the lad back in and reinstated him, the spineless bastard.I think he now knows he is the boss of nobody, the job will get done despite him.

some managers are idiots no matter what, but this is so typical of a bad estimate or a low-ball bid. the difference that the extra crew or extra time can make on a job is actually a profit center for the good salesman. the good capital project manager could appreciate what the good salesman is talking about when he makes it clear that a cheap bid is not the best bid.

some managers are idiots no matter what, but this is so typical of a bad estimate or a low-ball bid. the difference that the extra crew or extra time can make on a job is actually a profit center for the good salesman. the good capital project manager could appreciate what the good salesman is talking about when he makes it clear that a cheap bid is not the best bid.

Amen.
Now, if this could be expanded to the general public to understand that the cheap price is often not the best price.
Do this - and you will have solved every economic problem that is facing our country today.

Thats the problem, he is an estimator/quantity surveyer trying to bring in the renovation of a grade 2 listed building under budget, he has no clue how to run a building site or man manage the lads, moral is at an all time low and he is floundering now, almost begging forgiveness and a new start, the damage is done.like I said, the job will get done despite his interference because luckily he has a bunch of guys on site that know what they are doing.

My friend recently had an addition put onto his house. The contractor was such a double-dealing SOB, even the people whom the contractor hired to work on my friend's house told my friend they should fire him.

Is this site agent working for the principle contractor or does he work for a management contractor that have outlined the CDM regs? If he isn't employed by the principle contractor, or indeed, the developer, you can go over his head. Or alternatively, if you're worried the guy is trying to make too much of a saving on the build, you have grounds to contact the HSE with your complaint and you can approach them anonymously. But you may be summoned to attend a civil hearing if they choose to take it further than a warning.

Sounds like someone is partly compensated by a percentage of savings under budget.
This is a terrible way to provide incentive to management.

He is related to the couple who own the property, they are a lovely couple, he is a fucking moron.We will all do our best by them and fuck him.

He is related to the couple who own the property, they are a lovely couple, he is a fucking moron.We will all do our best by them and fuck him.

Dear God.
Been there - did that.

Having said that - kudos to yourself and your fellow workers for doing what is right despite the moron.

Thats the problem, he is an estimator/quantity surveyer trying to bring in the renovation of a grade 2 listed building under budget, he has no clue how to run a building site or man manage the lads, moral is at an all time low and he is floundering now, almost begging forgiveness and a new start, the damage is done.like I said, the job will get done despite his interference because luckily he has a bunch of guys on site that know what they are doing.

this stinks. hearing he's a buddy of the developer, this could by one of these 'i'll get you an impossible deal' bits which he's turned round and tried to take out of the ass of the guys doing the work.

i'm an itty bitty contractor, and i sell on quality, and try to actually use sales instead of prices and cut corners to get business. in the end the customer/GC thinks we do a great job. the guys think they're heroes for beating the bids here and there and i do okay with a profit. any of those points go wonky and a job could end up unfinished, or the impetus of lost customers or workers.

i am not heartbroken if i loose a job to some mexican in the home depot parking lot. better to get real customers who can appreciate professionalism than a cheapskate who's looking for a low-ball anyhow.

Forum List

Back