The Libertines: TrumpUSA?

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a pro-media TrumpUSA tale about commercial destinies.

How would such a tale be viewed by the countless anti-Trump protesters today?

I personally find TrumpUSA somewhat...dystopian!

====

Tom Cruise, the world's most recognizable celebrity, and Ajay Satan, a self-proclaimed Internet-blogging 'free-speech crusader,' became America's 'dynamic duo,' signifying a modernism appreciation of the power of media. Standing in the way to their ascension to power was Bonnie and Clyde (the two iconic and romanticized Depression-era American bank robbers depicted in a celebrated Arthur Penn film starring Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty). Americans were divided into two camps --- in one camp stood those enthusiastic about the power of modern media (e.g., Don Imus, Madonna, Larry King, etc., etc.) and in the other camp stood those inspired by the value of individualism and liberties (e.g., Ralph Nader, Marilyn Manson, Salman Rushdie, etc.).

Ajay knew that if he and Tom were going to become prominent media 'diplomats,' they would have to dispel the pedestrian fears that blocked Americans (and the world!) from embracing the populism politics forwarded by modern age convenience-gauged access to TV, Internet, radio, etc., etc. Ajay knew that the 'libertines' would favor the romanticism that made anti-federalism 'outlaws and poets' such as Bonnie and Clyde timeless symbols of the human urge to resist anything that resembled socialization (including free-speech media!). The libertines believed that even streamlined and mass-marketed advocacy of free-speech values on the Internet stood in the way of the favoritism towards self-determined personalized-choice based shopping and media broadcasting. Many libertines didn't even watch TV...

Cruise was busy making the pro-media films Edge of Tomorrow and American Made so, naturally, he favored the views purported by Ajay, but he was also conscious of the debating complexities raised by the libertines (something Ajay simply did not cater to philosophically). Cruise decided to meet with Ajay and plan a strategy to crush the anti-social fervor created by the libertines without damaging a democratic appreciation for 'hermetic values' such as TV/media boycotting/abstinence. Cruise and Ajay decided to hand in a movie-screenplay to American film-maker Robert Altman about an alien named Troudeau visiting Earth and visiting Donald Trump in the White House to discuss the metaphysical impact of 'Starbucks Society.' The Altman film was a great success and added intrigue to the debate with the libertines.

When Cruise discovered that Ajay was assassinated on Valentine's Day by a libertine-fanatic named Will Stryker, he decided to advertise his populism-intrigue film American Made as representative of a new age democratic interest in 'metropolitan media.' Cruise always remembered Ajay as a true friend to the consumer-advocate. Meanwhile, Will Stryker was deified in punk-rock music as the 'Rebel-Messiah,' and people started referring to him as the Orwellian Killer, and there was even a video-game warrior-avatar named Stryker designed to be modelled after Will in the combat-fantasy video-game Mortal Kombat. As Cruise played Mortal Kombat with his son (using Stryker as his chosen warrior-avatar) he thought to himself, "I bet Ajay wishes he were here now playing this game with me, quashing Stryker and showing friends the power of the digital age!"

====

CRUISE and AJAY:

leaders.jpg

Kabal

====

The alien Kabal escaped from the Mortal Kombat universe and entered the dimension of Earth and landed in modern-day Los Angeles where he witnessed first-hand the incredible melee surrounding the panoply of celebrity-hysteria in Hollywood 'culture.' He made himself invisible so he could observe a blonde Hollywood starlet named Aisha exit from a limousine in front of an ogling crowd. She was at the premier of her new American film The Evil Woman. Kabal instantly became fascinated by her.

President Trump was at the premier too and he felt an odd metaphysical wind, and when he talked to his son (Donald Trump, Jr.), about the experience, Junior realized that his father felt the presence of the Mortal Kombat warrior Kabal. "How the heck did Kabal find his way to Earth?" Junior wondered and conjectured that the 'spirit' was here to witness firsthand the hysteria surrounding America's confettied Starbucks Society.

Ironically, Kabal was nearby drinking Starbucks coffee and planning his moves to meet Aisha and maybe even see her movie The Evil Woman. "I wonder if Aisha is anything like the evil women Sindel or Mileena from my MK dimension..." Kabal said to himself. Kabal decided he would sponsor a huge celebrity charity event and invite Aisha to it (disguised as a media PR executive working for DreamWorks), but when Aisha showed up to Kabal's star-studded savvy media-charity event with movie superstar Tom Cruise, Kabal was heartbroken and decided to return to his own dimension.

Kabal always remembered that day when he saw Aisha with Tom Cruise and how he regretted never seeing Aisha's movie The Evil Woman which became a huge blockbuster for Hollywood. Aisha and Cruise soon married, and Aisha converted to Scientology (Cruise's church). Kabal still watched Aisha every now and then but only from his crystal ball from his own MK dimension. Kabal ended up marrying Mileena, but he always asked himself, "If I befriended President Trump or drank more Starbucks coffee, would my path have crossed with Aisha's?" Kabal was not worried and did not feel the lure of anti-consumerism terrorism, since he was happily married to Mileena. However, he did not realize that Mileena was spying on the terrorist group ISIS on Earth and analyzing how it threatened the commerce-centric Trump Administration. Mileena would say to herself, "I bet ISIS will attack Rodeo Drive the way the Taliban attacked the World Trade Center!"

====

kabalmk9.jpg

crowd.jpg

Forum List

Back