The Liberal Myth that the Rich Pay "Virtually No Taxes"

You may want to Google "proportionality" since you don't know what it means.

The top 1% earn 20% of the income and pay 40% of the taxes.

Also, "corporatist" is a word you may want to learn more about. Hillary became a hundred millionaire selling speeches to Wall Street and corporate America. One thing you can sure the fuck bank on is they didn't pay her to hear what she thinks ...

The top .01% are who we should be talking about actually. What about them, I'd imagine their income percentage is more than their tax percentage, seeing that is capped at 38% Why is there a cap, shouldn't it continue scaling to make it fair for everyone.?

Wrong. Their tax rate drops slightly from the top 1 percent, but considering their income is higher the taxes they pay are even higher per person.

As for their fair share, comrade, that's ridiculous, it's not "fair" for any American to be treated differently than other Americans. That's exactly why this country is pulling apart at the seams, government takes the lead on discrimination

You are going to need to explain how if the top tax rate is capped they pay more.

They earn more
And they pay less because the top tax rate is capped.

Your conclusion is a non-sequitur. The nominal rate is capped. You need to understand the difference between the nominal rate and the effective rate

The top .01% are who we should be talking about actually. What about them, I'd imagine their income percentage is more than their tax percentage, seeing that is capped at 38% Why is there a cap, shouldn't it continue scaling to make it fair for everyone.?

Wrong. Their tax rate drops slightly from the top 1 percent, but considering their income is higher the taxes they pay are even higher per person.

As for their fair share, comrade, that's ridiculous, it's not "fair" for any American to be treated differently than other Americans. That's exactly why this country is pulling apart at the seams, government takes the lead on discrimination

You are going to need to explain how if the top tax rate is capped they pay more.

They earn more

Your conclusion is a non-sequitur. The nominal rate is capped. You need to understand the difference between the nominal rate and the effective rate

You need to understand that with a capped rate as incomes go up the tax percentage goes down.

Also, "corporatist" is a word you may want to learn more about. Hillary became a hundred millionaire selling speeches to Wall Street and corporate America. One thing you can sure the fuck bank on is they didn't pay her to hear what she thinks ...

They earn more

They earn more
Kaz you were saying?

I said they pay more because they earn more and only the nominal rate is capped, so you can't draw the conclusion you did regarding the effective rate

They earn more

You need to understand that with a capped rate as incomes go up the tax percentage goes down.

Non-sequitur. You can't draw that conclusion about the effective rate based on the nominal rate being capped

They earn more

Non-sequitur. You can't draw that conclusion about the effective rate based on the nominal rate being capped
Explain

Can someone get the right wing corporatist apologist for the rich a dictionary and then explain to them proportionality and fairness

what do you mean fair? what does that mean exactly?

If the rich pay "virtually nothing" in taxes, as liberals continue to claim, how is it that they pay the majority of federal personal income taxes? According to federal income tax data, the top 1% pay about 45% of all federal income taxes. The top 10% pay at least 60% of all federal income taxes. And the top 20% pay over 80% of all federal income taxes.

Top 1% pay nearly half of federal income taxes

Top 10 Percent of Earners Paid 68 Percent of Federal Income Taxes

Top 20% of Earners Pay 84% of Income Tax

STEPHEN MOORE: Do the rich pay their fair share of taxes?

Do the rich pay lower taxes than the middle class?

The Rich Pay More than Their Fair Share of Taxes | Economics21

What's more, the top 1% pay around 24% of all federal taxes (income taxes, corporate taxes, tariffs, etc.). The top 10% pay over 50% of all federal taxes.

1 Percenters Pay 24 Percent and Top 10 Percent Pay 53.3 Percent of All Federal Taxes

And this is on top of the huge amount of county and state taxes that the rich pay, especially rich people who own businesses. I have two relatives who own businesses, and I can't believe how much they get soaked in county and state taxes, especially property taxes.

Liberals who go around peddling the kool-aid myth that "the rich pay virtually no taxes" or that "the average rich person pays less than a middle-income earner" obviously don't know any rich people and/or any business owners and are basing these silly claims on grossly misleading "studies" churned out by liberal think tanks and economists.

So your point is that Trump is the exception to the rule?
what rule?

They earn more

Explain
Kaz lying once again.

Can someone get the right wing corporatist apologist for the rich a dictionary and then explain to them proportionality and fairness

why?

Moonglow is allergic to facts. He gets really bad hives. Leave him alone
He never posted any facts in our discussion..I merely stated an opinion...
no, you claimed the poor pay federal taxes, I asked you for which ones, and I got zip. you claimed a fact not an opinion.
I never said the poor pay federal taxes, I said they pay sales taxes....
fair enough, I deleted the posts. do you think that the rich don't pay taxes? If you do think they pay taxes, do you know what is fair?

Do the poor get free money to use as sales tax payments?
I am sure the term "****** rich" is not foreign to you when used about tax refunds and the poor..
Fair share? Hell, zero is my favorite number, but I know them boys in uniform can't live on medals...I think 10% is plenty....
I agree zero is a fair share. It is a volunteer system. I agree, 10% ought to be plenty of earned income. Now comes the kicker word there, earned. It implies one actually earned money not lost money. So If I invest millions and I lose millions, I made no net money right? so I earned zip. 10% of zip is zip isn't it? Current tax rules anyway.

They earn more
how do you figure that? what math you using?

Are fed income taxes the only taxes out there ?? These threads always ignore the fact that there are a shit load of other taxes out there .

The real question is what is the real tax rate of the rich . Whenever some rich guy (usually a politician ) has to reveal his taxes it is always a lot lower than the posted rates because we have so many tax shelters.

So just to be clear, you think that if we bring in corporate and other investment taxes, that means the share the rich pay goes ... down ...?

I'm just annoyed at the constant mantra that the "rich" get socked wh all the taxes and get no benefit put of it.

They earn more

how? If I made a million I pay the percentage of that million. If I make ten million the percentage goes up what I pay. Your math is bad.

Are fed income taxes the only taxes out there ?? These threads always ignore the fact that there are a shit load of other taxes out there .

The real question is what is the real tax rate of the rich . Whenever some rich guy (usually a politician ) has to reveal his taxes it is always a lot lower than the posted rates because we have so many tax shelters.

So just to be clear, you think that if we bring in corporate and other investment taxes, that means the share the rich pay goes ... down ...?

I'm just annoyed at the constant mantra that the "rich" get socked wh all the taxes and get no benefit put of it.
huh?

They earn more

how? If I made a million I pay the percentage of that million. If I make ten million the percentage goes up what I pay. Your math is bad

They earn more

how? If I made a million I pay the percentage of that million. If I make ten million the percentage goes up what I pay. Your math is bad.

They earn more

Explain to me why their are tax brackets.

They earn more

how? If I made a million I pay the percentage of that million. If I make ten million the percentage goes up what I pay. Your math is bad
They earn more

They earn more

I have no idea, it wasn't ever explained. I've asked over the years, but I can't get anyone to define fair.

They earn more

Not necessarily since you're referring to the nominal rate not the effective rate. Capping the nominal rate does not necessarily mean the effective rate goes down. You obviously don't know what that means, maybe you need to Google the terms.

Here's an example:

Nominal rate for $1M = 38%
Let's say the effective rate is 22%

Then you earn another million and pay 38% on the second million. The effective rate would go up to 30% from 22%.

I totally made up those numbers, I'm just showing you that capping the nominal rate does not mean the effective rate has to go down.

I have no idea, it wasn't ever explained. I've asked over the years, but I can't get anyone to define fair.
Then you admit you don't understand taxes, and should stop acting like you do.

what do you mean fair? what does that mean exactly?

It means he doesn't have to pay those taxes, so it's fair they pay more

They earn more

Not necessarily since you're referring to the nominal rate not the effective rate. Capping the nominal rate does not necessarily mean the effective rate goes down. You obviously don't know what that means, maybe you need to Google the terms.

Here's an example:

Nominal rate for $1M = 38%
Let's say the effective rate is 22%

Then you earn another million and pay 38% on the second million. The effective rate would go up to 30% from 22%.

I totally made up those numbers, I'm just showing you that capping the nominal rate does not mean the effective rate has to go down.

Why are there tax brackets?

Forum List

Back