The left wakes up: Obama is not ‘sort of God’

by Jennifer Ruben
Right Turn
The Washington Post
08/09/2011

Poor Evan Thomas will never live down his ludicrous comment that President Obama was “sort of God.” What seemed like slobbering now seems outright dumb, given the president’s performance. And don’t take my word for it.

Left-wing pundits have discovered he’s sort of like Jimmy Carter. Others now comprehend he’s remote and cold. Still others recognize he is weak and ineffectual (“strangely powerless, and irresolute, as larger forces bring down the country and his presidency”).

LINK

The left never thought Obama was sort of God.

The only people on this board I ever saw call Obama "messiah" or "the chosen one" were Righties.

the question is will the right wake up?

Palin, Beck, Bachman, etc....

The right never believed that nonsense to begin with.

they supported the heck out of Bush and his shenanigans in Iraq and nation building, spending, etc. then swapped to Palin with enthuiasm.
they supported the patriot act.
Heck many of them even supported TARP under Bush. Including Mitch.

for better or for worse, i think the right just tends to have more of a team mentality than the left. the right sticks with their guy no matter the policy. the left will turn on Team Democrat on a dime if they don't like the policy. i speak in generalities, of course, but i dare say that seems to be the norm here. generally speaking.

i do recall some ron paul type guys on the right giving bush a hard time back in the day, and yes, there are some guys on the putative left who will go to bat for obama no matter what. but they seem to be the exception to the rule to me.

When will the right wake up and stop thinking that Reagan and the Bush's were fiscally conservative?

reagan pretty much INVENTED deficit spending. i actually think bush sr. is going to go down in history as not that bad a president, but reagan was awful. but i also think carter's presidency will be redeemed someday, so take it with a grain of salt. bush II was rather obviously the worst president we've ever had, at least since, oh, hoover.

And the hits just keep on coming. . . .

They Once Loved Jimmy, Too: Like Obama, Carter enjoyed the intellectuals' favor.
By WILLIAM MCGURN
Main Street
The Wall Street Journal
08/09/2011

Excerpt:

Mr. Obama can't be blamed for the excesses that saw him hailed as the new FDR, the new JFK or the new Lincoln, or for the Norwegian committee that bestowed upon him a Nobel. He can be held to account for encouraging them: by delivering a campaign speech in Berlin, by accepting a prize he hadn't earned, by breaking out not only a Lincoln quotation but the Lincoln china and the Lincoln Bible for his inauguration.

An American politician steeped in—dare we say it?—Niebuhrian realism would have appreciated that no president could live up to such hype. And such a man would not be surprised to find that people who once hailed him as the reincarnation of Abraham Lincoln are now dismissing him as the second coming of Jimmy Carter.

LINK

The "intellectuals' favor". :lmao: Another sure sign of a soon to be failed presidency = the favor of the leftist intelligentsia, that is to say, the favor of morally bankrupt, self-anointed dumbasses.

Like I said before, the real problem for Obama is not so much that he doesn't know what to do as much as what he wants to do would just be more of the same lunacy, which is utterly untenable now, thank God.

This moron's out in 2012, precisely what we conservatives knew from the beginning. Lefty, your idiotic policies don't work and never have. We always knew this useless punk would be a one-term president, it was just a matter of how much damage he would do before he was stopped.

Last edited:
When will the right wake up and stop thinking that Reagan and the Bush's were fiscally conservative?

reagan pretty much INVENTED deficit spending. i actually think bush sr. is going to go down in history as not that bad a president, but reagan was awful. but i also think carter's presidency will be redeemed someday, so take it with a grain of salt. bush II was rather obviously the worst president we've ever had, at least since, oh, hoover.

:cuckoo:

cons are so nuanced and thoughtful.

Yeah. I know. Right?

Reagan invented low tax rates after years of market-stifling high ones as he exposed the insanity of Keynesianism. The problem is a bloated government and unsustainable entitlements, always has been, not low tax rates and the increased revenue they engender in growing economies. But that nuanced and thoughtful understanding of things is beyond the grasp of most leftists, including you, apparently.

Last edited:

Yeah. I know. Right?

US-increases-in-national-debt-republicans-democrats.gif

check out the reagan and carter parts of the graph. and yet reagan is the fiscal conservative, and carter's the big spender, and to suggest otherwise gets you a cuckoo emoticon with no context.

reagan basically invented the style of deficit spending we're engaging in now. he was the first president to do it.

by Jennifer Ruben
Right Turn
The Washington Post
08/09/2011

Poor Evan Thomas will never live down his ludicrous comment that President Obama was “sort of God.” What seemed like slobbering now seems outright dumb, given the president’s performance. And don’t take my word for it.

Left-wing pundits have discovered he’s sort of like Jimmy Carter. Others now comprehend he’s remote and cold. Still others recognize he is weak and ineffectual (“strangely powerless, and irresolute, as larger forces bring down the country and his presidency”).

LINK

oh hell yes they did.

Yeah. I know. Right?

check out the reagan and carter parts of the graph. and yet reagan is the fiscal conservative, and carter's the big spender, and to suggest otherwise gets you a cuckoo emoticon with no context.

reagan basically invented the style of deficit spending we're engaging in now. he was the first president to do it.

Do the Math: An Investors Graph

Obama is a third bush term. I have been saying this since early 2008.

Still not sure why the Tea Party do not consider Obama as some sort of God though.

What's funny about the Right is one minute they're calling Obama a leftwing extremist the next minute they're pointing out how much like Bush he is.

They're idiots.

he ain't nothing like President Bush. President Bush has class.

Yeah. I know. Right?

Gerald Ford was the first president and only served two years... learn something new everyday. :cuckoo:
:lol:

Gerald Ford was the first president and only served two years... learn something new everyday. :cuckoo:
are you aware of how graphs work? deficit spending before ford was negligible, at least compared to reagan levels, so they started the graph with ford. if they'd drawn a flat line going all the way back to the washington administration, the graph would have been as unreadable as the one gunboy just linked to.

anyway, we were just talking about carter and reagan, and the graph includes both, so it suffices to make my point. you guys sure do like to win a lot of arguments by using the cuckoo emoticon rathar than actually making an argument, though. nicely done. must be great for things to be so easy.

I find that Obama and ALL the congressmen are alike, they don't give a damn about the voters because they know what is best for us. This week is a good example. No leadership therefore no direction. If it wasn't for the blame game they would have nothing to do.

by Jennifer Ruben
Right Turn
The Washington Post
08/09/2011

LINK

Obama never was a God. That is a manifestation by the right.

are you aware of how graphs work? deficit spending before ford was negligible, at least compared to reagan levels, so they started the graph with ford. if they'd drawn a flat line going all the way back to the washington administration, the graph would have been as unreadable as the one gunboy just linked to.

anyway, we were just talking about carter and reagan, and the graph includes both, so it suffices to make my point. you guys sure do like to win a lot of arguments by using the cuckoo emoticon rathar than actually making an argument, though. nicely done. must be great for things to be so easy.

You've never heard of the Great Depression or Franklin D. Roosevelt then. Just wanted to make sure, you dumbass. A simpleton could have looked at what I posted and concluded I was implying you should go back a little bit further in history than what was evident in the graph. That was quite clearly lost on you.

You've never heard of the Great Depression or Franklin D. Roosevelt then. Just wanted to make sure, you dumbass. A simpleton could have looked at what I posted and concluded I was implying you should go back a little bit further in history than what was evident in the graph. That was quite clearly lost on you.

fair point, that slipped my mind. FDR kinda gets a pass on his deficit, though, we sorta needed to win world war ii.

by Jennifer Ruben
Right Turn
The Washington Post
08/09/2011

LINK

This ^^^^^^

Forum List

Back