The left trying to shut down free speech

False equivalency of monumental proportions.
McCarthy was a senator who held congressional hearings to route out communists and ruin their careers, even though being a communist wasn't illegal.
Just his accusation was enough to get someone fired.

Rodrik is a college professor expressing an opinion.

You don't see a difference?

Private institutions can't shut down your right to free speech. Only the government can.

They can and do all the time, where they are in charge. Where liberals rule, free speech is absent.

Where are liberals ruling?
College campuses? Some. Not all are liberal.
Maybe you never went to college but there sure was a lot of free speech at the ones I attended.

Well since Facebook, Twitter and YouTube already pulled the plug on Alex Jones and then the FCC right behind them...……..it's already happened/happening.

Doesn't matter what you think about Jones, that was just wrong. Free Speech is now dead

CORRECTION: FCC targets pirate radio station that broadcasts Alex Jones

BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN - 08/15/18 07:57 PM EDT

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has shut down a pirate radio station known for its broadcasts of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.

The Austin American-Statesman reported Wednesday that the station, Liberty Radio, was hit with a $15,000 fine and at least temporarily pulled from the airwaves.

The newspaper reported that a lawsuit filed in federal court in Austin alleged that Liberty Radio had functioned without a license since at least 2013, and had been transmitting from a tower at an Austin apartment complex.

Liberty Radio, or LRN.FM, stopped airing on the radio in December, but still streams online.

The FCC is charging that the station was also illegally broadcasting on an FM wavelength.

The Associated Press reported that Walter Olenick and M. Rae Nadler-Olenick were named as the defendants in the lawsuit, and the apartment complex from which the station was transmitting is linked to them.

The Olenicks reportedly told the FCC that they would not pay the fine and would treat any agency representatives as trespassers.

Media reports, including the local Statesman, described the station as Jones's "flagship" outlet; NPR reported Thursday that it had picked up the nickname "Alex Jones Radio" over the years.

The station does air rebroadcasts of "The Alex Jones Show."

However, station host Danny Sessom wrote in a Facebook post late Wednesday that media reports describing the station as Jones's "flagship" are "actual fake news," noting that Jones didn't broadcast from the station.

Jones, a conspiracy theorist who founded the site Infowars, has recently been banned by several platforms, including Facebook and YouTube, for allegedly violating their terms of service.

Infowars and Jones's content has also been pulled from Spotify and Vimeo, and Twitter placed restrictions on their accounts.

Jones has been forcefully criticized for some of the conspiracy theories he promotes. The parents of children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting have sued him for saying the massacre was staged and a cover-up was orchestrated by the parents of the children.

Well since Facebook, Twitter and YouTube already pulled the plug on Alex Jones and then the FCC right behind them...……..it's already happened/happening.

Doesn't matter what you think about Jones, that was just wrong. Free Speech is now dead

"Free speech is now dead."

What a drama queen.

The entities you list are corporations that create their own rules, just like this stupid board does.

They are not government bureaus or agencies obligated to the 1st Amendment.

Getting the difference yet, dimwit?

Last edited:
Why is the left so intolerant of opposing views? Or rather why are they so threatened by them?

In the instance of the last 3 years, I guess some of us learn from history, recognize an authoritarian/totalitarian regime in the making and are intolerant of the notion of living under a dictator.

I don't think Trump has recalled enough of his education to realize that he's paralleling Stalin, or if he even knows who Stalin is, but both say the press is the enemy of the people, and I find that idea intolerable. You?

Private institutions can't shut down your right to free speech. Only the government can.

"Free speech is now dead."

What a drama queen.

The entities you list are corporations that create their own rules, just like this stupid board does.

They are not government bureaus or agencies obligated to the 1st Amendment.

Getting the difference yet, dimwit?

In case you both missed it....the FCC stands for FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION.....
The Federal Communications Commission is an independent agency of the United States government created by statute to regulate interstate communications by radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable.

sounds government to me, dimwit

BY JACQUELINE THOMSEN - 08/15/18 07:57 PM EDT

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has shut down a pirate radio station known for its broadcasts of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones.

The Austin American-Statesman reported Wednesday that the station, Liberty Radio, was hit with a $15,000 fine and at least temporarily pulled from the airwaves.

The newspaper reported that a lawsuit filed in federal court in Austin alleged that Liberty Radio had functioned without a license since at least 2013, and had been transmitting from a tower at an Austin apartment complex.

Liberty Radio, or LRN.FM, stopped airing on the radio in December, but still streams online.

The FCC is charging that the station was also illegally broadcasting on an FM wavelength.

The Associated Press reported that Walter Olenick and M. Rae Nadler-Olenick were named as the defendants in the lawsuit, and the apartment complex from which the station was transmitting is linked to them.

The Olenicks reportedly told the FCC that they would not pay the fine and would treat any agency representatives as trespassers.

Media reports, including the local Statesman, described the station as Jones's "flagship" outlet; NPR reported Thursday that it had picked up the nickname "Alex Jones Radio" over the years.

The station does air rebroadcasts of "The Alex Jones Show."

However, station host Danny Sessom wrote in a Facebook post late Wednesday that media reports describing the station as Jones's "flagship" are "actual fake news," noting that Jones didn't broadcast from the station.

Jones, a conspiracy theorist who founded the site Infowars, has recently been banned by several platforms, including Facebook and YouTube, for allegedly violating their terms of service.

Infowars and Jones's content has also been pulled from Spotify and Vimeo, and Twitter placed restrictions on their accounts.

Jones has been forcefully criticized for some of the conspiracy theories he promotes. The parents of children killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting have sued him for saying the massacre was staged and a cover-up was orchestrated by the parents of the children.

so what's your point other than trolling because your bedwetting??

Why is the left so intolerant of opposing views? Or rather why are they so threatened by them?

In the instance of the last 3 years, I guess some of us learn from history, recognize an authoritarian/totalitarian regime in the making and are intolerant of the notion of living under a dictator.

I don't think Trump has recalled enough of his education to realize that he's paralleling Stalin, or if he even knows who Stalin is, but both say the press is the enemy of the people, and I find that idea intolerable. You?

The left are clueless. You people really have no idea what you have unleashed, your beat downs have only just begun.

So, you want to fight against tyranny and oppression with censorship and street violence?

Smart. Very smart.

Conservatives might want to rethink their whole free market idealism. I don't think they could handle it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back