The Kerry Effect

You hysterical lefties just love to squeal "war crime" over everything of which you don't approve. And, have you never heard kerry's comments after he returned?

So you support massacres of entire villages and gang rapes of little girls? That if they are not Americans..correct?

Yes or no.

What kind of a stupid fucking straw man is that?

What the fuck you mean "strawman"? That is what really happened. Vietnam was not only a war crime..but it was a total break down in command. That and allowing people to by pass jail to serve in the military was an awful idea.

I would add to the above that FDR had what Obama doesn't appear to have, command of the public's attention; he spoke to them often, convinced them he felt their pain and was working to right the ship and they believed him. Somewhere along the line, Obama lost that ability, and FDR's personality was more conducive to the belief that though he was a blue blood, he had the peoples best interests at heart.

So you support massacres of entire villages and gang rapes of little girls? That if they are not Americans..correct?

Yes or no.

What the fuck you mean "strawman"? That is what really happened. Vietnam was not only a war crime..but it was a total break down in command. That and allowing people to by pass jail to serve in the military was an awful idea.

so, it appears that in your opinion, the events that you saw in Platoon were every day or lets say frequent occurrences? Is that correct?

I would add to the above that FDR had what Obama doesn't appear to have, command of the public's attention; he spoke to them often, convinced them he felt their pain and was working to right the ship and they believed him. Somewhere along the line, Obama lost that ability, and FDR's personality was more conducive to the belief that though he was a blue blood, he had the peoples best interests at heart.

Well stated... but to be fair to Obama, the Presidency had much greater prestige in 1936 than it has today. By virtue of holding the office, FDR was granted a bit of reverence that no post-Nixon president was going to enjoy.

Not that Obama adds to the prestige of the office by pulling cheap Community Organizer stunts like trying to upstage the GOP Debate.

so, it appears that in your opinion, the events that you saw in Platoon were every day or lets say frequent occurrences? Is that correct?

Watching Platoon is probably as close to the military as Shallow ever got.

Had several friends in Vietnam..and from what they described things in Real life there went from long periods of boredom to events that made Platoon look like a cakewalk.

One friend, who has passed on (Fell through a skylight while working for ConEd) and left me his bayonet, got hit my a sniper, fell on a pungee stick coated with human crap..and found out he had a bad case of the clap..all in one day. That week he developed a high fever and had to be put in an ice bath.

Watching Platoon is probably as close to the military as Shallow ever got.

Aside from almost signing up for the air force..and working with some military "coders" on various projects..

And several moving jobs on military bases..

You are correct.

Never joined.

Had several friends in Vietnam..and from what they described things in Real life there went from long periods of boredom to events that made Platoon look like a cakewalk.

One friend, who has passed on (Fell through a skylight while working for ConEd) and left me his bayonet, got hit my a sniper, fell on a pungee stick coated with human crap..and found out he had a bad case of the clap..all in one day. That week he developed a high fever and had to be put in an ice bath.

That happened sometimes. War is hell.
Amazingly I've talked to plenty of veterans who came back without a scratch. Some of them never fired a weapon outside of training.

Sorta..he has something FDR didn't have. A 24/7 media cycle that knows every utterance he makes and every aspect of his life.

Most people didn't even know that FDR was crippled from polio.

Yes or no.

There you go again. Anything the emo little liberals don't like is a "war crime." :rolleyes:

The stupid fucking straw man was trying to ascribe a conclusion to me that did not accord with any of my own comments, and you know it you dishonest fuck.

Kerry came back from the war and gave testimony that painted via rhetoric ALL servicemen with the crimes of a few. Are you really surprised that his fellow servicemen weren't thrilled that the little punk would use them that way to advance his own political career, or are you being dishonest again, you son of a bitch?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Sorta..he has something FDR didn't have. A 24/7 media cycle that knows every utterance he makes and every aspect of his life.

As opposed to Obama who is Crippled by incompetence....

thats not what you inferred, way back in this thread, did I read it wrong? we are speaking of the massacre and wanton shooting/murder of civilians, the difficulty of terrain and military life have been well documented and occur in every war........

There you go again. Anything the emo little liberals don't like is a "war crime." :rolleyes:

The stupid fucking straw man was trying to ascribe a conclusion to me that did not accord with any of my own comments, and you know it you dishonest fuck.

Kerry came back from the war and gave testimony that painted via rhetoric ALL servicemen with the crimes of a few. Are you really surprised that his fellow servicemen weren't thrilled that the little punk would use them that way to advance his own political career, or are you being dishonest again, you son of a bitch?

:lol:

Son of a bitch? Well I suppose that is fair..I hold myself to be the big bad wolf.

War crimes. Real War Crimes. Unfortunately there's no one except ourselves to police ourselves.

Which is why the crimes in Vietnam got a free pass.

Unless you hold that genocide, rape and other atrocities didn't occur.

The world knows they did. You would be in a minority. Even in this country.

thats not what you inferred, way back in this thread, did I read it wrong? we are speaking of the massacre and wanton shooting/murder of civilians, the difficulty of terrain and military life have been well documented and occur in every war........

Yeah..massacres occured.

Are you being this obtuse on purpose?

Or are you saying it never happened.

Put up or shut up.

Did it happen or not?

As opposed to Obama who is Crippled by incompetence....

Point went right over your head. But of course..it always does.

You seldom know what you are talking about.

Hey Swallow, did every US serviceman who served in the Vietnam War commit atrocities? Did they, you dishonest fuck? How about a majority? Did a majority? No? How many? What percentage? Do you think that maybe it was a minority of the men who served, asshat? Do you think that the majority of servicemen who managed to make it back from that terrible experience appreciate being cast in the same lot as the few who commited crimes just so some douchebag could advance his political career? What do you think?

There are bank robbers, drug dealers, and rapists in the town where you work. Would you appreciate even the suggestion that that makes you a bank robbing, drug dealing rapist? No? What if the guilt by association was cast upon you for the sake of some privileged douchebag's political ambitions? Would that make you feel better about it?

Fuck off.

The election of 1936 took place as the Great Depression entered its eighth year. President Franklin D. Roosevelt was still working to push the provisions of his New Deal economic policy through Congress and the courts. Although unemployment was falling, it was at 20+%. The country was in sorry shape. The presidency should have been an easy win for the Republicans considering the economy. A Republican victory was widely forecasts, but it didn't materialize. The problem was the Republican candidate, Al Landon. He was a poor campaigner and didn't connect with the people. The election of 1936 was the most lopsided presidential election in the history of the United States in terms of electoral votes. In terms of the popular vote, it was the third biggest victory since the election of 1820.

The outcome of a presidential election depends every bit on the challenger as much as it does the incumbent.

You managed to pick the one presidential election where that was the case.
Carter in 1980, Bush in 1990 tell the opposite tale. When the economy is very bad and lots of people are out of work the incumbent suffers. The opposite is also the case, as we saw in '94 and 2004.
Reagan and Clinton were very strong candidates who connected to both Democrat and Republican voters.

The presumption that a president can't win reelection in a weak economy isn't so. Nixon in 1972, Roosevelt in 1936, McKinley in 1900, Maidison in 1812, and Jefferson in 1804 all won reelection in recessions and depressions. Even in a recession, it takes a strong candidate to beat the incumbent.

The election of 1936 took place as the Great Depression entered its eighth year. President Franklin D. Roosevelt was still working to push the provisions of his New Deal economic policy through Congress and the courts. Although unemployment was falling, it was at 20+%. The country was in sorry shape. The presidency should have been an easy win for the Republicans considering the economy. A Republican victory was widely forecasts, but it didn't materialize. The problem was the Republican candidate, Al Landon. He was a poor campaigner and didn't connect with the people. The election of 1936 was the most lopsided presidential election in the history of the United States in terms of electoral votes. In terms of the popular vote, it was the third biggest victory since the election of 1820.

The outcome of a presidential election depends every bit on the challenger as much as it does the incumbent.

You managed to pick the one presidential election where that was the case.
Carter in 1980, Bush in 1990 tell the opposite tale. When the economy is very bad and lots of people are out of work the incumbent suffers. The opposite is also the case, as we saw in '94 and 2004.
Reagan and Clinton were very strong candidates who connected to both Democrat and Republican voters.

The presumption that a president can't win reelection in a weak economy isn't so. Nixon in 1972, Roosevelt in 1936, McKinley in 1900, Maidison in 1812, and Jefferson in 1804 all won reelection in recessions and depressions. Even in a recession, it takes a strong candidate to beat the incumbent.

Clinton was not a strong candidate. His run was flagging until he appeared on Arsenio Hall playing hte sax. Dont ask what that has to do with being president. Bush had the highest approval ratings in history until the recession hit and he broke his tax pledge.
Reagan was a good candidate although people complained he was a cowboy and out of the mainstream of America and would get us into nuclear war with Russia.
The economy under Nixon wasn't so bad in 1972. The oil embargo was the next year. The Vietnam War wa the main thing and Nixon had a secret plan to end it, so he said.

Hey Swallow, did every US serviceman who served in the Vietnam War commit atrocities? Did they, you dishonest fuck? How about a majority? Did a majority? No? How many? What percentage? Do you think that maybe it was a minority of the men who served, asshat? Do you think that the majority of servicemen who managed to make it back from that terrible experience appreciate being cast in the same lot as the few who commited crimes just so some douchebag could advance his political career? What do you think?

There are bank robbers, drug dealers, and rapists in the town where you work. Would you appreciate even the suggestion that that makes you a bank robbing, drug dealing rapist? No? What if the guilt by association was cast upon you for the sake of some privileged douchebag's political ambitions? Would that make you feel better about it?

Fuck off.

Listen you fucking faggot. No swallow. I don't let guys suck my dick. Even a stupid fucking flaming glam queer like yourself should appreciate that. So suck it up you little fucking quiffter. Take your hot pants and shimmy somewhere else.

I am sure there a plenty of other fucking faggots out there that would appreciate a good suck from ya. So be a good little conservative and do a wide stance in a public bathroom.

Just make sure the guy standing next to ya..ain't a cop.:lol:

Forum List

Back